Company History - Nitta Gelatin India
1975 - The company was incorporated in April. The company was
promoted by the
Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation
Limited., Jointly with Nitta Gelatine
Inc. Japan and Mitsubhishi Corporation Japan.
- The main object of the company is to manufacture ossein
and products of ossein, gelatine
and glue and their components for domestic commercial,
Industrial purpose etc.
- The Company was awarded the Special Export Award
instituted by the Chemicals & Allied
Products Exports Promotion Council (CAPEXIL) for export
performance for 1989-90.
- The Company was awarded the best productivity in the
Medium Scale Sector in Kerala
instituted by the Kerala State Productivity Council and
known as FACT-MKK Nair Memorial
Productivity Award for the year, 1988-89.
- The company is carrying out research and development work
relating to improvement in
quality of the products.
1987 - The compound Glue Plant was commissioned on 1st October. The
manufacturing compounds Glue developed by the Nitta
Gelatin Inc. was made available
to the company in 1986.
2001 - Ossein Division of the Company was under lock-out from
23.10.2000 to 03.11.2000 due to
labour unrest which badly affected the operations of the
-Kerala Chemicals & Proteins Ltd has informed that the Board of the
Company at its meeting held on July 30, 2004 elected Mr. P. H.
Kurien, IAS, as Chairman of the Board in place of Mr. T. K. A. Nair
- Company name has been changed from Kerala Chemicals & Proteins Ltd
to Nitta Gelatin India Ltd.
- Appointed Mr. Manoj Joshi, IAS as Director and Chairman of the
- Company decided to set up a Consumer Product Division and launch
Collagen Peptide as its first product in the health and nutrition
- The Company is launching a product by the name Nutrigold which can
be used as foliar spray for Improving yield.
- Appointed Mr. V. Somasundaran, IAS, Additional Chief Secretary,
Industries Department, Government of Kerala as Chairman.
-The Board recommended a Bonus issue of shares in the ratio of 1:3.
-Mrs. Radha Unni has been appointed as an Independent Director of the
-Mr. Sajiv K. Menon has been appointed as Managing Director of the