1987 - Bajaj Auto Finance was incorporated on 25th March, as a Private
Limited Company to take up Hire Purchase Finance and Lease Finance
activity. It became a deemed public company by virtue of Section
43(A) of the Act with effect from 20th October 1987 and
the word private was deleted by the Registrar of Companies,
- The company is primarily engaged in the Hire Purchase Financing of
Two, Three Wheelers, Leasing of equipments and vehicles and Bill
Discounting. The company is also engaged in Real Estate Operations
as Project Management Consultant. The Company was promoted by Bajaj
Auto Ltd and Bajaj and Auto Holdings Ltd.
1992 - The Company is proposed to enter into other areas of
financing, such as Bills Discounting.
- The Company is proposed to increase the financing activities of
the Company by introduction of various schemes of financing cars,
trucks and leasing of equipment.
- It is proposed to increase the share capital of the Company by
public issue of upto 50,00,000 equity shares of Rs.10/- each at a
premium, to be determined in consultation with the concerned
- During the year under review, Company has opened a brach office at
Hyderabad for promoting Company's financing schemes.
1993 - The Company has, for the first time, issued commercial Papers
(CPs) to the extent of Rs.80 million. The issue of Commercial Papers
has been rated as P1+ (pronounced P one plus) by The Credit Rating and
Information Services of India Limited (CRISIL). This rating is the
best rating for CPs.
- During the year under review, Company has opened its branch offices
at New Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore and Mumbai for promoting Company's
- The proposal of issue of 67,00,000 equity shares of Rs.10/- each at
a premium of upto Rs.70/- per equity share was approved by the
- It is proposed to issue shares to the public at an appropriate time
and at a suitable premium after taking into account the Capital Market
1994 - The Company offered 64,88,200 No. of equity shares of Rs 10
each at a premium of Rs 80 per share of which 23,13,200 shares were
offered to promoters and their associates and the balance 41,75,000
shares were offered to the Indian Public. All were accepted.
- During the year under review, Company has opened its branch office
at Nagpur for promoting Company's financing schemes.
- The Company is entering into financing of other automobiles mainly
through the branch network.
1995 - During the year, Company has allotted, pursuant to a Public
Issue, 4,15,000 No. of Equity Shares of Rs.10 each for cash at a
premium of Rs. 80 per Equity Share. After allotment of shares
,Company's paid up share capital is Rs. 164,884,500 as at 31.3.95.
- After allotment of shares against Public Issue on 28th May, 1994,
Company has ceased to be a subsidiary Company of Bajaj Auto Limited.
- The Company has opened its branch offices at Vijaywada, Nasik,
Vishakhapattanam, Calcutta, Goa, Madurai and Pune for promoting
Company's financing schemes.
1996 - The Company has obtained a credit rating of FAA+ from CRISIL
for its Fixed Deposit Schemes.
- During the year, Company has opened its branch offices at Baroda
and Trivandrum for promoting Company's financing schemes. The
Company has a network of 15 branches.
1997 - Bajaj Auto Finance plans to double its borrowing capacity from
Rs 100 crore to Rs 200 crore.
- The Credit Rating and Information Services of India Ltd (Crisil)
has assigned P1+ ratings to the debt programmes of Wipro and Bajaj
Auto Finance Ltd.
- Crisil has also reaffirmed the FAAA rating assigned to the fixed
deposits (FD) programme of Bajaj Auto Finance and the FA+ rating
assigned to the FD programme of Vysya Bank Housing
1998 - Bajaj Auto Finance Ltd (BAFL), has entered into a tie-up with
Godrej GE Appliances, Korean consumer durables conglomerate LG and
air-conditioning major Blue Star to finance their consumer durables.
- Bajaj Auto Finance Ltd has come out with a scheme a low downpayment
plan to aggressively push sales of its parent company. The low
downpayment scheme is being launched by BAFL,
along with its earlier 9 per cent interest finance scheme.
1999 - Bajaj Auto Finance has gone in for demateralisation of its
share and joined the National Securities Depository Ltd.
- BAFL's tie-up with BPL to finance all its consumer durables except
refrigerators is aimed at synergising its existing business and
adding value for its customers.
- BAFL has regional tie ups with Daewoo's in Punjab, Voltas in Andhra
Pradesh, Sharp in Maharashtra and Carrier Aircon in Gujarat, some of
which could be upgraded to national tie ups.
2000 - The Credit Rating Information Services of India Ltd (Crisil)
on March 6 reaffirmed the EAAA rating for the fixed deposit programme
of Bajaj Auto Finance Ltd (BAFL). The company's Rs 10-crore
commercial paper programme has been assigned P1+ rating.
2002-Bajaj Auto Finance Ltd has informed that the Board has decided
to reappoint Mr Dipak Poddar as Managing Director of the Company, for
a further period of five years.
-Approves to voluntarily delist the Equity Shares from Pune Stock
Exchange Ltd & The Stock Exchange Ahmedabad, in accordance with the
provisions of SEBI (Delisting Securities)- Guidelines 2003
--Ties up with Bajaj Auto Finance for finance scheme on Intel Pentium
-Bajaj Finance Ltd Issues Rights in the Ratio of 6:10
- Bajaj Auto has increased the stakes in the extremely competitive
125 cc bike segment by offering its vehicles at extremely low
- Bajaj Auto Finance Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors of
the Company at its meeting held on October 22, 2008, have appointed
Shri. D J Balaji Rao as an additional Director of the Company.
-Bajaj Auto Finance Ltd. - Board recommends Dividend of Rs. 2/- per
-Bajaj Auto Finance Ltd. - Board recommends Dividend of Rs. 6/- per
-Company has changed its name from Bajaj Auto Finance Ltd to BAJAJ
-Bajaj Auto Finance Ltd. - Board recommended Dividend of Rs. 10 per
Bajaj Finance Ltd - Board recommended Dividend of Rs. 12/-
-Bajaj Finance Ltd Issues Rights in the Ratio of 3:19
-Bajaj Finance acquires Bajaj Financial Solutions for worth Rs 17cr.
-Bajaj Finance subsidiary gets license to commence housing finance
business from National Housing Bank (NHB)
-Bajaj Finserv introduces the smarter way to pay, Enables EMI
payments on retail fashion, travel and small appliances
-Bajaj Finance Ltd has approved Issue of one fully paid bonus equity
share of the face value of Rs. 2 each for one equity share of the
face value of Rs. 2 each
- Bajaj Finance enters into SSA with MobiKwik