Company History - Avery India
The Company was incorporated on 26th February, 1947 as a private
limited Company to take over the trading in India of W & T Avery
India Ltd., Who were established in India in 1911. The company
commenced business from 1st January, 1949 and is a wholly owned
subsidiary of Avery Ltd., Soho Foundry, Birmingham, England.
The Company manufactures all kinds of weights and measures of scales,
balances, machines and appliances.
Avery Limited is the holding company of the Avery Group of Companies
in U.K. and elsewhere.
The Company started manufacturing on a limited scale in 1951 from
premises in Hide road, Calcutta.
The Company was converted into a public limited company on 1st March,
During 1986, the Government of India approved the Company's
collaboration with Marconi instruments Ltd., U.K., for manufacture of
automatic test equipments and steps were taken towards its
Schenck Avery Limited was set up as a subsidiary of the Company in
collaboration with Carl Schenck AG to make Wheel Balancing machines,
Dynamic Balancing machines and Vibration measuring and control
machines. It recorded profits from 1988-89 - its second year
ofoperations. During 1992-93, the paid up capital of this company was
increased from Rs.149.51 lakhs to Rs.249.50 lakhs, of which Avery
India and Carl Schenck now hold 50% each.
-Avery India Ltd has appointed Mr. Andrew Caffyn as a Director on the
Board of the Company in the Board Meeting held on April 30, 2008.
- Avery India Ltd has appointed Mr. Andrew Caffyn as Chairman of the
Company in place of Mr. Carl Cramer in the Board Meeting held on
September 30, 2008.