Company History - Ashok Alco-Chem
Ashok Alco-Chem Limited (AACL) was incorporated as public limited
company on 18th November, 1992 under the Companies Act, 1956 in
Maharashtra. Certificate of Commencement of Business was issued by
Registrar of Companies, Maharashtra on 1st February, 1993,
AACL was promoted by the Kadakia Family of Ashok Group and Ashok
Organic Industries Limited, the closely held public limited company,
in the field of manufacturing and marketing of industrial alcohol,
acetic acid and other down-stream products for more than two
AOIL set up acetic acid unit at Mahad in September, 1992 and
stabilised the produciton at Distillery at Walchandnagar after
acquiiring it in March, 1992. AACL acquired these units from AOIL on
1st April, 1993 at a consideration based on Net Asset Value of the
units as per audited books of account of AOIL as on 31st march 1993.
Distillery has capacity to manufacture 65 lac litres per annum of
industrial alcohol. Acetic Acid Plant has a capacity of 8000 metric
Capacity of Distillery is proposed to be increased to 100 lac litres
per annum by way of modernisation. Bio-gas cum Effluent Treatment
Plant is proposed to be set up at the Distillery which will generate
methane gas which will substitute fuel requirement of the
2000 - The Company has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU)
with MFC, a stated owned entity, to procure land next to its
distillery on a 10-year land contract basis.
--Registered Office of the Company has been shifted from 404, Sharda
Chambers, Sir Vithaldas Thackersey Marg, 33, New Marine Lines, Mumbai
- 400020 to Room No. 104, Venkatesh Chambers, 1st Floor, Ghanshyam
Talwatkar Marg, Fort, Mumbai - 400001.
-Mr. Sridhar Chari has been appointed as a Additional Director and
Whole Time Director of the company.