Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd (MCX) (BSE: 534091) is an independent commodity exchange based in India. It was established in 2003 and is based in Mumbai. It is India's largest commodity futures exchange and the turnover of the exchange for the year 2015 was 55.52 trillion rupees (865.55 billion US dollars). MCX offers futures trading in bullion, non-ferrous metals, energy, and a number of agricultural commodities (mentha oil, cardamom, crude palm oil, cotton and others).
In 2015, MCX was sixth among the global commodity bourses in terms of the number of futures contracts traded, the latest yearly data from Futures Industry Association (FIA) showed.
In February 2012, MCX had come out with a public issue of 6,427,378 Equity Shares of Rs. 10 face value in price band of Rs. 860 to Rs. 1032 per equity share to raise around $134 million. It was the first ever IPO by an Indian exchange and made MCX India’s only publicly listed exchange.
From September 28, 2015, MCX is being regulated by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). Earlier MCX was regulated by the Forward Markets Commission (FMC), which got merged with the SEBI on September 28, 2015.
- MCX is India's No. 1 commodity exchange with 88.8% market share in quarter ended June 30, 2016
- In 2015, the futures contracts on Gold, Silver, Copper, Crude Oil offered by MCX ranked among the top 20 global futures contracts in their respective segments (2015 FIA Annual Volume Survey).
- MCX has several strategic alliances with leading exchanges across the globe
- During the quarter ended June 30, 2016, the average daily turnover of MCX was 245.91 billion rupees (3.67 billion US dollars)
- MCX now reaches out to more than 1700 cities and towns in India through more than 585,000 trading terminals (including CTCL) (as on March 31, 2016)
- MCX COMDEX is India's first and only composite commodity futures price index
|Aluminium, Aluminium Mini, Copper, Copper Mini, Lead, Lead Mini, Nickel, Nickel Mini, Zinc, Zinc Mini
||Gold, Gold Mini, Gold Guinea, Gold Petal, Silver, Silver Mini, Silver Micro
|Cardamom, Cotton, Crude Palm Oil, Kapas, Mentha Oil
||Brent Crude Oil, Crude Oil, Crude Oil Mini, Natural Gas
Kotak Mahindra Bank,Blackstone GPV Capital Partners Mauritius VI FII Ltd; Axis Mutual Fund; Jhunjhunwala Rakesh Radheshyam; IDFC Premier Equity Fund; Reliance Mutual Fund; Small Cap World Fund, Inc; National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD); L&T Mutual Fund; IFCI Ltd; ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund; Max Life Insurance Company Ltd; Goldman Sachs India Fund Limited; HDFC Bank Ltd.; Vanaja Sunder Iyer (as on March 31, 2016)
source : Wikipedia