‘Either or survivor’ clause in bank FDs a myth; surviving joint-holder has a Herculean task on hand
Many banks and even financial planners advise their customers investing in fixed deposits of banks to opt for the ‘either or survivor’ clause. The problem arises when one of the joint-holder(s) dies during the tenure of the deposit, and the surviving joint-holder(s) approach the bank to liquidate the FD.
How some mutual fund houses abuse the 10-day cooling period in transmission of MF units
Despite clear guidelines, fund houses delay the redemption of MF investments post completion of the transmission process, presumably to enjoy the liquidity over an extended period of time.
Transmission of money lying in mutual funds to legal heirs is not easy, despite AMFI’s best practices guidelines
Where there is a Will, it is easier for legal heirs to claim money lying with mutual funds that was left behind. But in the absence of a Will and Nominee, complications arise and paperwork mounts
Gift deed or Will: What’s the best way to pass on your assets to a loved one?
For the bequest of their wealth (assets/ properties) to their chosen heirs, asset owners can opt for either a will or a gift deed.
Why having a nominee is not relevant for a jointly held demat account
The need to have registered nominee(s) is relevant only when all owners (sole or joint) are deceased
Are stakeholder committees well-equipped to address shareholder issues?
As committees play hard with the rule book, often, shareholders are forced to produce too many documents for regular transactions
How registrar and share transfer agents slap the rulebook on hapless retail shareholders
Even probates granted by high courts are unnecessarily put to further scrutiny by RTAs, thus delaying transfer shares to legal beneficiaries
Legal heirs responsible for paying deceased's tax dues
The legal heirs are liable only up to the extent of the assets that they inherit from the deceased
- Budget 2023: Adani episode will not dent India’s image, says Finance Secy Watch more
- LIVE: UP CM Yogi Adityanath Interview | UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath Speaks To Rahul Joshi Watch more
- LIVE | FM Nirmala Sitharaman Post-Budget Exclusive Interview on Moneycontrol | Budget 2023 Watch more
- “Can’t interpret treaty for us” India’s jab at World Bank | Indus Waters Treaty renegotiation Watch more
- L&T CFO R Shankar Raman on earnings, Union Budget and road ahead | Earnings Express Watch more