BSE LiveFeb 28, 16:00
Bid Price (Qty.)
Offer Price (Qty.)
Bid Price (Qty.)
Offer Price (Qty.)
Report on the Financial Statements
We have audited the accompanying financial statements of MAKERS LABORATORIES LIMITED (“the Company”), which comprise the Balance Sheet as at 31st March, 2017, the Statement of Profit and Loss and Cash Flow Statement for the year then ended and a summary of significant accounting policies and other explanatory information.
Management’s Responsibility for the Financial Statements:
The management and Board of Directors of the Company are responsible for the matters stated in Section 134(5) of the Companies Act, 2013 (‘the act’) with respect to the preparation of these financial statements that give a true and fair view of the financial position, financial performance and cash flows of the Company in accordance with the accounting principles generally accepted in India, including the Accounting Standards specified under Section 133 of the Act, read with rule 7 of Companies (Accounts) Rules, 2014. This responsibility includes maintenance of adequate accounting records in accordance with the provisions of the Act for safeguarding the assets of the Company and for preventing and detecting frauds and other irregularities; selection and application of appropriate accounting policies; making judgments and estimates that are reasonable and prudent; design, implementation and maintenance of adequate internal financial controls, that are operating effectively for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the accounting records, relevant to the preparation and presentation of the financial statements that give a true and fair view and are free from material misstatement, whether due to fraud or error.
Our responsibility is to express an opinion on these financial statements based on our audit.
We have taken into account the provisions of the Act, the accounting and auditing standards and matters which are required to be included in the audit report under the provisions of the Act and the Rules made there under.
We conducted our audit in accordance with the Standards on Auditing specified under Section 143(10) of the Act. Those Standards require that we comply with ethical requirements and plan and perform the audit to obtain reasonable assurance about whether the financial statements are free from material misstatement.
An audit involves performing procedures to obtain audit evidence about the amounts and disclosures in the financial statements. The procedures selected depend on the auditor’s judgment, including the assessment of the risks of material misstatement of the financial statements, whether due to fraud or error. In making those risk assessments, the auditor considers internal financial control relevant to the Company’s preparation of the financial statements that give a true and fair view, in order to design audit procedures that are appropriate in the circumstances. An audit also includes evaluating the appropriateness of accounting policies used and the reasonableness of the accounting estimates made by the Company’s management and Board of Directors, as well as evaluating the overall presentation of the financial statements.
We believe that the audit evidence we have obtained is sufficient and appropriate to provide a basis for our audit opinion.
In our opinion and to the best of our information and according to the explanations given to us, the aforesaid financial statements give the information required by the Act in the manner so required and give a true and fair view in conformity with the accounting principles generally accepted in India:
a) In the case of the Balance Sheet, of the state of affairs of the Company as at 31st March, 2017;
b) In the case of the Statement of Profit and Loss, of the Profit for the year ended on that date; and
c) In the case of the Cash Flow Statement, of the cash flows for the year ended on that date.
Report on Other Legal and Regulatory Matters:
1. As required by Section 143 (3) of the Act, we report that:
a) We have sought and obtained all the information and explanations, which to the best of our knowledge and belief were necessary for the purposes of our audit;
b) In our opinion, proper books of account as required by law have been kept by the Company so far as appears from our examination of those books;
c) The Balance Sheet, the Statement of Profit and Loss, and the Cash Flow Statement dealt with by this Report are in agreement with the books of account;
d) In our opinion, the Balance Sheet, the Statement of Profit and Loss and the Cash Flow Statement comply with the Accounting Standards specified under Section 133 of the Act, read with Rule 7 of the Companies (Accounts) Rules, 2014;
e) On the basis of the written representations received from the Directors as on 31st March, 2017 and taken on record by the Board of Directors, none of the Directors is disqualified as on 31st March, 2017 from being appointed as a Director in terms of Section 164 (2) of the Act;
f) With respect to the adequacy of the internal financial controls over financial reporting of the Company and the operating effectiveness of such controls, refer to our separate Report in “Annexure A”. Our report expresses an unmodified opinion on the adequacy and operating effectiveness of the Company’s internal financial controls over financial reporting;
g) With respect to the other matters to be included in the Auditor’s report in accordance with Rule 11 of the Companies (audit and Auditors) Rules, 2014, in our opinion and to the best of our information and according to the explanation given to us:
i. The Company does not have any pending litigations which would impact its financial position.
ii. The Company did not have any long-term contracts including derivative contracts that require provision under any law or accounting standards for which there were any material foreseeable losses.
iii. There were no amounts which are required to be transferred to the Investor Education and Protection Fund by the Company during the year.
iv. The Company has provided requisite disclosures in its financial statements as to holdings as well as dealings in Specified Bank Notes during the period from 8th November, 2016 to 30th December, 2016 and these are in accordance with the books of accounts maintained by the Company. Refer Note 15 to the financial statements.
2. As required by the Companies (Auditor’s Report) Order, 2016 (“the Order”), as amended, issued by the Central Government of India in terms of sub-section (11) of section 143 of the Act, we give in the “Annexure B” statement on the matters specified in paragraphs 3 and 4 of the Order.
(Referred to in paragraph 2 under the heading of ‘Report on Other Legal and Regulatory Requirements’ of our report of even date)
1) (a) The Company has maintained proper records showing full particulars, including quantitative details and situation of fixed assets;
(b) The Fixed Assets have been physically verified by the management in a phased manner, designed to cover all the items over a period of three years, which in our opinion, is reasonable having regard to the size of the Company and nature of its business. Pursuant to the program, a portion of the fixed asset has been physically verified by the management during the year and no material discrepancies between the books records and the physical fixed assets have been noticed;
(c) The title deeds of immovable properties are held in the name of the Company.
2) As explained to us, the inventories were physically verified during the year by the management at reasonable intervals and no material discrepancies were noticed on physical verification.
3) The Company has not granted any loans, secured or unsecured to Companies, Firms, Limited Liability Partnerships or other parties covered in the Register maintained under section 189 of the Act. Accordingly, the provisions of clause 3 (iii) (a) to (c) of the Order are not applicable to the Company and hence not commented upon.
4) In our opinion and according to the information and explanations given to us, the Company has complied with the provisions of section 185 and 186 of the Companies Act, 2013 in respect of loans, investments, guarantees and security.
5) The Company has not accepted any deposits from the public and hence the directives issued by the Reserve Bank of India and the provisions of Sections 73 to 76 or any other relevant provisions of the Act and the Companies (Acceptance of Deposit) Rules, 2015 with regard to the deposits accepted from the public are not applicable.
6) According to the records produced and information given to us, the cost records and accounts as prescribed by the Central Govt. under sub-section (1) of section 148 of the act have been made and maintained by the Company but no examination of such records and accounts have been carried out by us.
7) (a) According to information and explanations given to us and on the basis of our examination of the books of account and records, the Company has been generally regular in depositing undisputed statutory dues including Provident Fund, Employees State Insurance, Income-Tax, Sales tax, Service Tax, Duty of Customs, Duty of Excise, Value added Tax, Cess and any other statutory dues with the appropriate authorities. According to the information and explanations given to us, no undisputed amounts payable in respect of the above were in arrears as at 31st March, 2017 for a period of more than six months from the date on when they become payable;
b) According to the information and explanation given to us, there are no dues of income tax, sales tax, service tax, duty of customs, duty of excise, value added tax outstanding on account of any dispute.
8) In our opinion and according to the information and explanations given to us, the Company has not defaulted in the repayment of dues to banks. The Company has not taken any loan either from financial institutions or from the government and has not issued any debentures.
9) Based upon the audit procedures performed and the information and explanations given by the management, the Company has not raised moneys by way of initial public offer or further public offer including debt instruments and term loans. Accordingly, the provisions of clause 3 (ix) of the Order are not applicable to the Company and hence not commented upon.
10) Based upon the audit procedures performed and the information and explanations given by the management, we report that no fraud by the Company or on the Company by its officers or employees has been noticed or reported during the year.
11) Based upon the audit procedures performed and the information and explanations given by the management, the managerial remuneration has been paid or provided in accordance with the requisite approvals mandated by the provisions of section 197 read with Schedule V to the Companies Act, 2013.
12) The Company is not a Nidhi Company and hence reporting under clause (xii) of the CARO 2016 Order is not applicable.
13) Based upon the audit procedures performed and the information and explanations given by the management, all transactions with the related parties are in compliance with section 177 and 188 of Companies Act, 2013 and the details have been disclosed in the Financial Statements as required by the applicable accounting standards.
14) Based upon the audit procedures performed and the information and explanations given by the management, the Company has not made any preferential allotment or private placement of shares or fully or partly convertible debentures during the year under review. Accordingly, the provisions of clause 3 (xiv) of the Order are not applicable to the Company and hence not commented upon.
15) Based upon the audit procedures performed and the information and explanations given by the management, the Company has not entered into any non-cash transactions with Directors or persons connected with him. Accordingly, the provisions of clause 3 (xv) of the Order are not applicable to the Company and hence not commented upon.
16) In our opinion, the Company is not required to be registered under section 45 IA of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934 and accordingly, the provisions of clause 3 (xvi) of the Order are not applicable to the Company.
For AGARWAL & MANGAL
Firm Reg. No. 100061W
B. P. MANGAL
Place : Mumbai Partner
Dated: 11th May, 2017 Membership No. 32973