Rohit Pulp & Paper Mills Ltd has informed BSE that the Board of Directors of the Company at its meeting held on June 27, 2008, inter alia, has transacted the following business:
1. The Board has approved the alteration in Objects Clause of the Memorandum of Association of the Company subject to the consent of shareholders by introducing realty and infrastructure as the main objects of the Company.
2. The Board has also approved the adoption of new set of Articles of Association confirming to amended sections of the Companies Act, 1956 and Table A subject to the shareholders.
3. The Board has taken on record the certificate from Merchant Bankers dated June 13, 2008 that the acquirers (Marathon Realty Pvt Ltd, together with persons acting in concert) have completed the formalities relating to the open offer as stipulated under SEBI (Substantial Acquisition of Shares and Takeovers) Regulation and subsequent amendments thereof.
4. The Board has taken on record that consequent to the completion of formalities as stipulated under SEBI (Substantial Acquisition of Shares and Takeovers) Regulation and subsequent amendments thereof the management of the Company''s with the Acquires.
5. The Board has approved the shifting of the Registered Office of the Company from Rohit Chambers, Janmabhoomi Marg, Fort, Mumbai - 400 001 to Marathon Nextgen, Ganpatrao Kadam Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai 400 013 with immediate effect.
6. The Board has accepted the resignation of the following Directors:
i. Mr. J M Patel
ii. Mr. R J Patel
iii. Mr. B H Patel
iv. Mr. Pravinchandra V Gandhi and
v. Mr. Iqbal M Khan