The Narendra Modi government will celebrate its second anniversary on Thursday, May 26. Ahead of that, Network18 in association with LocalCircles has conducted one of the most exhaustive opinion polls.
This is an online poll with only registered voters and the total votes were from over 3.75 lakh people.
46 percent of those polled live in tier 1 cities, 26 percent in tier 2 cites and 27 percent from tier 3 and rural areas.
Among those polled, 76 percent were male and 24 percent were female.
Here are the key highlights of the poll:
- 46 percent believe that the government has met, 18 percent say that the government has exceeded expectations while 36 percent believe that the performance has been below expectations.
- 43 percent say unemployment has "not reduced" in the last 2 years but 35 percent say that it has reduced.
- An overwhelming 61 percent believe corruption has reduced after Modi government took charge.
- 60 percent believe that doing business in India has become easier over the last 2 years.
- The government has also gotten a pat on the back for its efforts to bring in the goods and services tax (GST). 61 percent say that the centre has done enough to make the landmark legislation a reality.
- The government also scores well on infrastructure development. 72 percent say there is infrastructure growth in the last 2 years.
- Among the government's pet projects, the direct benefit transfers tops the list as its biggest success so far, 22 percent say Jan Dhan Yojana has been most effective, while the rest believe Swachh Bharat and Make in India have been most effective.
- An overwhelming 90 percent believe India's image and influence across the globe has improved.
- 68 percent believe that the Modi government will deliver on all the elections promises over the next 3 years.
Watch video for more.