Moneycontrol
Aug 11, 2017 09:26 PM IST | Source: PTI

40% India Inc employees rate top managements' skills as poor: Survey

Nearly 40 percent of India Inc employees while rating the top management, said the leadership skills of those at the helm, are poor.

40% India Inc employees rate top managements' skills as poor: Survey

Nearly 40 percent of India Inc employees while rating the top management, said the leadership skills of those at the helm, are poor, according to a survey.

According to the recent survey by JobBuzz, a TimesJobs platform, nearly 25 percent of India Inc employees rated the management's leadership skills as 'excellent', 35 percent as 'satisfactory', while 40 percent said the top management's leadership skills are 'poor'.

The survey was conducted among 900 employees of various companies.

It was also found that about 40 percent of the respondents have the necessary resources to meet the targeted output, while the remaining 60 percent did not.

About 20 percent of the companies use the available resources effectively and the 80 percent do not have enough resources, the survey showed.

It also found that only 5 percent India Inc employees were content with their level of interaction with the top management, while the remaining 95 percent were dissatisfied with the interaction level they get to encounter with the higher rung.

It further said that only 10 percent problems of the employees are excellently handled at the top management level. Rest 90 percent of problems are mishandled by top management, out of these only 10 percent are addressed by the top management to the best of their ability, while the remaining 90 percent are not even looked at.

About 35 percent top management were rated effective in public relations, while nearly 65 percent were stated to have poor PR skills, it added.

Considering the work culture factor, only 25 percent (respondents' companies) have well organised flexible working culture, it said.

In 45 percent workplaces, the flexible work culture is poorly managed, and in 30 percent work places, there exists no flexible work culture.
Sections
Follow us on
Available On