Ambanis, Daburs, Cong MP have black money abroad: Kejriwal
Arvind Kejriwal has come out with a fresh set of allegations against well known people like the Ambanis and Naresh Goyal of Jet Airways.
India Against Corruption activist-turned-politician Arvind Kejriwal on Friday targeted several top Indian business groups and a Congress MP, alleging that they had stashed black money worth several hundred crores in the HSBC Bank in Geneva, Switzerland. He claimed that a senior Congress leader gave him the details about the black money. "The black money from Swiss banks can come but the government doesn't wish to bring it back," Kejriwal said.
Targeting the Ambani brothers, Kejriwal claimed that Reliance ADAG Chairman Anil Ambani and Reliance Industries Limited Chairman Mukesh Ambani had Rs 100 crore each in banks in Switzerland. "Anil Ambani has Rs 100 crore in HSBC Bank in Geneva. Mukesh Ambani also has Rs 100 crore in HSBC Bank in Geneva," Kejriwal said, claiming he has got a few names from the list of Swiss account holders from sources.
However, the HSBC Bank had in a statement in January 2012 apologised to Mukesh Ambani for putting his name on a list of alleged Swiss bank account holders.
Kejriwal also targeted Congress MP Annu Tandon, alleging she had Rs 125 crore in Swiss accounts. He alleged that a total of Rs 6,000 crore was stashed abroad.
The activist-turned-politician also alleged that three family members of Dabur group and Naresh Goyal of Jet Airways have crores stashed in Swiss banks.
He also said that the process of opening an account in the Geneva branch of HSBC Bank was easier than opening an account in the SBI account. "Documents show how easy it is to operate the Swiss accounts sitting here in India. Documents show how money gets deposited and transferred through hawala. Opening an account is just a matter of a phone call, " Kejriwal said.
Kejriwal claimed that only 100 people of those in the list of 700 people having Swiss bank accounts have been raided. "Why did the government not raid the Ambanis and the Daburs? Small fish were raided by ED, I-T Department, but the big guys were let off," Kejriwal said.
A quick snapshot:
- Opening an account in SBI is more difficult that opening an account in a Swiss bank
- 3 family members of Dabur group have Rs 20 crore in Swiss banks
- The information was received by the Indian government in July 2011
- The total amount of black money of 700 Indians in Swiss banks is Rs 6000 crore
- CD with government has Swiss account details of 700 Indians
- Naresh Goyal of Jet Airways has Rs 80 crore Swiss accounts
- Former ED OFficial Sandeep Tandon has Rs 125 crore in HSBC Bank, Geneva
- Arvind Kejriwal targets Anil Ambani, Mukesh Ambani, Anu Tandon
- Mukesh Ambani has Rs 100 crore in HSBC Bank, Geneva
- Anil Ambani has Rs 100 crore in HSBC Bank, Geneva