Moneycontrol
you are here: HomeNewsTechnology
Feb 07, 2013 10:10 AM IST | Source: Tech2.com

Samsung phone battery catches fire, injures man

South Korean fire officials say a man suffered burns after the battery from a Samsung smartphone caught fire in his trouser pocket...

South Korean fire officials say a man suffered burns after the battery from a Samsung smartphone caught fire in his trouser pocket.Officials at Bupyeong Fire Station in Incheon city said Wednesday the lithium-ion battery was not in the phone when it caught fire. Such batteries are quick to charge but prone to overheating.The man suffered second-degree burns and a one inch wound on his thigh from Saturday's incident.Revenge of the battery

Click here for full story
Sections
Follow us on
Available On