Real-time Stock quotes, portfolio, LIVE TV and more.
Apr 27, 2012, 05.48 PM IST
Country's largest car manufacturer Maruti Suzuki is expected to report a tremendous growth of 2.5 times quarter-on-quarter in its profit after tax of Rs 530 crore for the fourth quarter of FY12, mainly due to normalized operations (after end of strike Manesar plant in last year) and success of new Swift, according to CNBC-TV18.
Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) are likely to be doubled at Rs 900 crore from Rs 416 crore during the same period. Operating profit margin is seen improving at 7.4% versus 5.3%.
Revenues are expected to go up by 52% to Rs 12,012 crore in the January-March quarter of 2012 from Rs 7,882 crore in the October-December quarter.
On year-on-year basis, revenues are seen going up by 19%, but profit after tax is likely to fall sharply by 20%. Operating profit margin is expected to be at 7.4% versus 10% during the same period.
What to watch out for:
- Good numbers expected, company to report sharp 52% sequential growth in sales, mainly due to normalized operations and success of new Swift.
- Margin is expected to improve sharply by 200 basis points due to stronger volumes, price increases of around 1.8%, favourable currency movement (Rupee appreciated versus Japanese Yen in Q4) and improved realisations.
- Realizations to increase around 1% QoQ (12% YoY), due to blended price hike of around 1.75% in Jan 2012.
- Volumes saw big jump QoQ by 48% due to resumption of full operations at Manesar and new Swift
- The hike would be partially diluted by increased margins given to dealers.
- The full benefit of currency will be visible only in 1QFY13 as part of the currency exposure (compensation to vendors for their imports) comes with a lag of a quarter.
Q4 volumes YoY
- Total volume up 4.7% (up 48% QoQ ) at 3.59 lakh units versus 3.43 lakh
- Domestic volume up 2.8% at 3.21 lakh units versus 3.12 lakh
- Export volume up 23.4% at 38182 versus 30951 units
- Volume down 10.9% at 11.32 lakh units versus 12.71 lakh
- Domestic volume down 11.2% at 10.06 lakh versus 11.32 lakh
- Export volume down 8.4% at 1.26 lakh versus 1.38 lakh
Tags: Maruti Suzuki Q4
Action in Maruti Suzuki India
Jun 18 2013, 22:39
- in MARKET OUTLOOK
Jun 18 2013, 22:39
- in Business