Jan 30, 2012, 10.11 AM IST
Balrampur Chini, one of the largest sugar manufacturing companies, is expected to report a profit after tax of Rs 18 crore in the third quarter of FY12 as against loss of Rs 39.4 crore in the previous quarter.
Sales are seen going up at Rs 590 crore versus Rs 507 crore quarter-on-quarter. Operating profit margin is likely to be at 12.3% versus 3.8% QoQ and 13.61% YoY.
On year-on-year basis, sales are expected to go up by 11.1% while PAT is likely to go down 23%.
* Sugar division profitability to continue being under pressure due to cane costs (Q2 saw Balrampur posting a loss of Rs 3 crore in the sugar division)
* Domestic realizations expected to be slightly higher on a QoQ basis
* Expect realizations at Rs 29/kg Vs Rs 28.2/kg in Q2 & sales of 1.6 lakh tonnes
* Exports to offset some of the pressure, particularly due to the rupee
* Cogeneration performance to be much better on a QoQ basis due to availability of bagasse (Q2 was loss making)
* Distillery realizations expected to be largely stable QoQ
Tags: Balrampur Chini
Action in Balrampur Chini Mills
Video of the day
Dec 6 2013, 15:02
- in MARKET OUTLOOK
Dec 4 2013, 11:08
- in FII View
Copyright © e-Eighteen.com Ltd. All rights reserved. Reproduction of news articles, photos, videos or any other content in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of moneycontrol.com is prohibited.