Real-time Stock quotes, portfolio, LIVE TV and more.
Jan 30, 2012, 10.11 AM IST
Balrampur Chini, one of the largest sugar manufacturing companies, is expected to report a profit after tax of Rs 18 crore in the third quarter of FY12 as against loss of Rs 39.4 crore in the previous quarter.
Sales are seen going up at Rs 590 crore versus Rs 507 crore quarter-on-quarter. Operating profit margin is likely to be at 12.3% versus 3.8% QoQ and 13.61% YoY.
On year-on-year basis, sales are expected to go up by 11.1% while PAT is likely to go down 23%.
* Sugar division profitability to continue being under pressure due to cane costs (Q2 saw Balrampur posting a loss of Rs 3 crore in the sugar division)
* Domestic realizations expected to be slightly higher on a QoQ basis
* Expect realizations at Rs 29/kg Vs Rs 28.2/kg in Q2 & sales of 1.6 lakh tonnes
* Exports to offset some of the pressure, particularly due to the rupee
* Cogeneration performance to be much better on a QoQ basis due to availability of bagasse (Q2 was loss making)
* Distillery realizations expected to be largely stable QoQ
Tags: Balrampur Chini
May 20 2013, 09:03
- in Technicals
May 17 2013, 12:39
- in MARKET OUTLOOK