Real-time Stock quotes, portfolio, LIVE TV and more.
May 08, 2012, 01.10 PM IST
Asian Paints, country's largest paint company by market cap is expected to report a growth of 20% year-on-year in its consolidated profit after tax of Rs 223 crore for the fourth quarter of FY12, according to CNBC-TV18 poll.
Net sales are likely to go up by 22% to Rs 2,389 crore from Rs 1,966 crore during the same period.
EBITDA is seen going up by 19% to Rs 345 crore from Rs 289 crore year-on-year. However, operating profit margin is seen falling at 14.5% for the January-March quarter of 2012 versus 14.7% in a year ago period.
Expectations from Q4FY12 Results
Asian Paints will benefit from a favourable base effect as PAT had declined in Q4FY11
- Asian Paints is likely to see a volume led growth this quarter
- Moderate - volume growth estimated at 12% (versus 12% in Q3FY12 --- 14% in 9MFY12)
- Price hikes of 10% will catalyze revenue growth
- Gross Margins expected to remain under pressure in FY12 due to high crude and titanium di-oxide prices
- For Q4FY12 OPMs likely to decline by 25 bps YoY to 14.5%
- High input costs are likely to impact margins negatively - Titanium dioxide (~25% of RM cost) prices up 50% YoY
International business Sluggish performance
- Remains a concern
- May show a mixed trend with South Asia doing well while the Middle East still remains under pressure
On reduction of customs duty
- Budget announced reduction of basic customs duty on titanium dioxide from 10% to 7.5%
- Positive for Asian Paints - as it is reeling under severe input cost pressure
On hike in excise duty
- Announced 2% price hike since April 1 - to pass on the impact of the excise hike
- May announce another 2% in April to neutralize the 2% excise duty hike and pass on cost pressure to consumers
(Margins may decline by 105 bps QoQ due to recent price hikes that company announced)
Tags: Asian Paints
May 18 2013, 17:26
- in MARKET OUTLOOK
May 17 2013, 12:39
- in MARKET OUTLOOK