Feb 09, 2013, 12.58 AM | Source: Moneycontrol.com
How to save that extra buck? That’s the question on everyone’s mind. Kripananda Chidambaram of Fintotal Insights and Resources suggest "11 awesome tips to save money you never knew!"
Kripananda Chidambaram (more)
Director, Fintotal.com | Capital Expertise: Insurance ,Tax ,NRI ,Mutual Funds
The author is a director at Fintotal Insights and Resources.
1. Walk down to the station if it's just 15 minutes. If not, then bus. This can, surprisingly, save you loads of money in long term.
2. Throw away your credit card. The interest charged is more than 30 percent.
3. Buy Non-Perishable Items in bulk with friends.
4. Shop a lot! But only during sale. And look out for discount coupons and codes.
5. Have 3 months contingency fund in your account. Don't touch unless emergency.
6. Educate yourself on Personal Finance basics. It's easy and can have tremendous positive effect in your life.
7. Skip CCD. Hang out at your nearest chaiwala or a dhabha.
8. Have a fixed automatic amount transferred to a mutual fund at the start of every month.
9. Eat lite before going to Fine Dine. Good for your body and wallet.
10. Take less than 5 minutes to write down to your expense every day.
11. Buy Generic Medicines. It costs 10x less than branded medicines.
Invest direct, but the financial planning way
While the direct route helps you to save on the co
How important is financial compatibility with your spouse?
Many couples do not have any idea of money matters
Do you really want to buy that iPhone?
Dream gadgets are the in thing for many youngsters
Travel cards: Why they are good for you while travelling abroad
Travel cards are one of the better means to carry
Do you know your investmentsâ worst enemy?
If you are a fan of product approach and believe i
This New Year change the way you invest
For a change, do not make resolutions. Instead dec