Real-time Stock quotes, portfolio, LIVE TV and more.
Aug 18, 2012, 11.08 AM IST
Equity funds delivered positive returns amid flat market performance. The debt funds too were seen in green after witnessing downtrend in few sessions.
The sectoral indices acted as a booster which helped markets to close with moderate gains. The funds belonging to defensive sectors and Technology registered no decline. Meanwhile Banking & Finance was the most losing category.
The Sensex rose just 33.87 points to close at 17,691.08. Meanwhile, the 50-share NSE Nifty went up 3.35 points to close at 5,366.30.
The debt funds closed in a positive terrain after witnessing downtrend in few sessions. All the funds in Long and Short term category including Gilt funds showed better performance with very few decline registered.
Here is the day's performance and the gainers and losers across categories.
Equity funds: Top gainers
* Tata Growth Fund (G) up 1.08%
* Tata Ethical Fund (G) up 0.83%
* HSBC Small Cap Fund (G) up 0.81%
Equity funds: Top losers
* Escorts Infrastructure Fund (G) down 1.96%
* Goldman Sachs Infrastructure Exchange Traded Scheme down 1.24%
* IDFC Infrastructure Fund (G) down 1.19%
Tax saving funds: Top gainers
* Reliance Equity Linked Saving Fund - Series I (G) up 0.39%
* ICICI Prudential R.I.G.H.T. Fund (G) up 0.38%
* SBI TAX Advantage Fund - Series I (G) up 0.37%
Tax saving funds: Top losers
* Taurus Tax Shield (G) down 0.24%
* Reliance Tax Saver (ELSS) Fund (G) down 0.15%
* Sundaram Tax Saver (OE) (G) down 0.12%
Sector funds: Top gainers
* ICICI Prudential FMCG Fund (G) up 1.06%
* Franklin Infotech Fund (G) up 0.97%
* DSP BlackRock Technology.Com - Regular Plan (G) up 0.86%
Sector funds: Top losers
* Sundaram Media & Entertainment Opportunities - Retail (G) down 0.89%
* UTI Energy Fund (G) down 0.87%
* Reliance Media & Entertainment Fund (G) down 0.70%
Balanced funds: Top gainers
* ICICI Prudential Equity & Derivatives Fund - Volatility Advantage Plan (G) up 0.39%
* SBI Magnum Balanced Fund (G) up 0.34%
* Tata Balanced Fund (G) up 0.24%
Balanced funds: Top losers
* LIC NOMURA MF Balanced Fund - C (G) down 0.38%
* Escorts Balanced Fund (G) down 0.29%
* HDFC Prudence Fund (G) down 0.07%
Debt funds: Top gainers
* SBI Dynamic Bond Fund (G) up 0.17%
* SBI Magnum Gilt - Long Term Plan (G) up 0.27%
Debt funds: Top losers
* Tata Gilt Mid Term Fund (G) down 0.03%
Jun 19 2013, 23:15
- in MARKET OUTLOOK
Jun 19 2013, 12:44
- in MARKET OUTLOOK