Real-time Stock quotes, portfolio, LIVE TV and more.
Aug 23, 2012, 10.38 AM IST
Equity funds closed with negative returns as markets were seen going in a consolidation phase after hitting fresh 5 month highs. Meanwhile all the debt funds continued to delivered decent performance.
Among sectoral space, only Pharma & Healthcare funds were seen gaining while all other sector categories declined.
In technical parlance, a consolidation after decent rally is always a healthy sign and signifies the underlying strength of the uptrend. The Sensex closed at 17846.86, down 38.40 points or 0.21% and the Nifty ended at 5412.85 down 8.15 points or 0.15%.
All the debt funds continued to delivered decent performance with Ultra Short Term Debt taking the lead with no losers. The debt market is keenly awaiting for the Q1 GDP data which might impact the performance of debt funds.
Here is the day's performance and the gainers and losers across categories.
Equity funds: Top gainers
* Escorts Leading Sectors Fund (G) up 0.78%
* Sundaram S.M.I.L.E Fund - Regular Plan (G) up 0.59%
* Edelweiss Select Midcap Fund (G) up 0.39%
Equity funds: Top losers
* Goldman Sachs Infrastructure Exchange Traded Scheme down 1.21%
* ICICI Prudential MidCap Fund (G) down 0.69%
* Tata Ethical Fund (G) down 0.68%
Tax saving funds: Top gainers
* Escorts Tax Plan (G) up 0.84%
* SBI TAX Advantage Fund - Series II (G) up 0.57%
* ICICI Prudential R.I.G.H.T. Fund (G) up 0.23%
Tax saving funds: Top losers
* Tata Infrastructure Tax Saving Fund (G) down 0.61%
* Axis Long Term Equity Fund (G) down 0.38%
* L&T Tax Saver Fund (G) down 0.35%
Sector funds: Top gainers
* Reliance Natural Resources Fund (G) up 0.58%
* ICICI Prudential Technology Fund (G) up 0.37%
* SBI Magnum Pharma Fund (G) up 0.37%
Sector funds: Top losers
* Reliance Media & Entertainment Fund (G) down 0.74%
* Canara Robeco F.O.R.C.E Fund - Retail Plan (G) down 0.44%
* Sahara R.E.A.L. Fund (G) down 0.34%
Balanced funds: Top gainers
* SBI Magnum Balanced Fund (G) up 0.34%
* Escorts Balanced Fund (G) up 0.11%
* Edelweiss Absolute Return Fund (G) up 0.08%
Balanced funds: Top losers
* Reliance Regular Savings Fund - Balanced Option (G) down 0.31%
* Tata Balanced Fund (G) down 0.30%
* UTI Balanced Fund (G) down 0.26%
Debt funds: Top gainers
* SBI Dynamic Bond Fund (G) up 0.12%
* Motilal Oswal MOSt 10 Year Gilt Fund (G) up 0.18%
Debt funds: Top losers
* ICICI Prudential Income Opportunities Fund - Retail Plan (G) down 0.01%
* IDFC G-Sec. Fund - Short Term Plan - Regular Plan A (G) down 0.00%
May 20 2013, 09:03
- in Technicals
May 17 2013, 12:39
- in MARKET OUTLOOK