Real-time Stock quotes, portfolio, LIVE TV and more.
Jul 13, 2012, 10.42 AM IST
Following the steep fall of Indian Benchmark owing to disappointing Infosys earnings, all the equity and balanced funds closed in a negative terrain. Meanwhile debt funds delivered good performance amid uncertain market condition.
In the sector space, the rumors of unlikely rate cut by the RBI and disappointing Infosys result dented the performance of Banking & Finance and Technology categories. Meanwhile the defensive sectors like Pharma & Healthcare and FMCG stood strong in yesterday's trading session and managed to end in a positive terrain.
The BSE benchmark slipped 256.59 points or 1.47% to close at 17,232.55 while the NSE dropped 71.05 points or 1.34% to 5,235.25.
On the debt front, both Long term and Short term funds closed with positive returns registering very few decline.
Here is the day's performance and the gainers and losers across categories.
Equity funds: Top gainers
* Sundaram Equity Multiplier Fund (G) up 0.43%
* SBI Magnum Emerging Businesses Fund (G) up 0.33%
* Axis Mid Cap Fund (G) up 0.28%
Equity funds: Top losers
* Sundaram S.M.I.L.E Fund - Regular Plan (G) down 0.0%
* ICICI Prudential Services Industries Fund (G) down 2.09%
* UTI Services Industries Fund (G) down 2.06%
Tax saving funds: Top gainers
* SBI TAX Advantage Fund - Series II (G) up 0.80%
* SBI TAX Advantage Fund - Series I (G) up 0.19%
Tax saving funds: Top losers
* JM Tax Gain Fund (G) down 1.48%
* LIC NOMURA Tax Plan (G) down 1.44%
* Union KBC Tax Saver Scheme (G) down 1.33%
Sector funds: Top gainers
* SBI Magnum Pharma Fund (G) up 0.51%
* Sundaram Media & Entertainment Opportunities - Retail (G) up 0.26%
* Reliance Media & Entertainment Fund (G) up 0.10%
Sector funds: Top losers
* ICICI Prudential Technology Fund (G) down 4.71%
* Franklin Infotech Fund (G) down 4.63%
* Birla Sun Life New Millennium (G) down 4.43%
Balanced funds: Top gainers
* No Gainers
Balanced funds: Top losers
* JM Balanced Fund (G) down 1.15%
* Reliance Regular Savings Fund - Balanced Option (G) down 1.08%
* ICICI Prudential Balanced Fund (G) down 0.98%
Debt funds: Top gainers
* Birla Sun Life Short Term Fund (G) up 0.17%
* Motilal Oswal MOSt 10 Year Gilt Fund (G) up 0.27%
Debt funds: Top losers
* UTI G-Sec Investment Plan (G) down 0.01%
Tags: Mutual Fund, , Short term funds , Long term , equity funds, debt funds, , Bankinf funds, , Technology funds, sector funds
May 18 2013, 17:26
- in MARKET OUTLOOK
May 17 2013, 12:39
- in MARKET OUTLOOK