Real-time Stock quotes, portfolio, LIVE TV and more.
Aug 10, 2012, 10.05 AM IST
Equity funds remained cautious led by dismal markets performance. The debt funds are likely to be under pressure as the supply concerns may continue to weigh on sentiment.
In the sectoral space, Banking & Finance continued to be the most losing category. Technology category ended mixed but negative returns. The defensive sector also showed mixed performance where FMCG funds closed higher while Pharma & Healthcare funds slumped.
The markets closed lower on Thursday on account of depressing June IIP data coupled with dismal corporate results. The Sensex shut shop at 17560.87 down 39.69 points or 0.23%, and the Nifty closed at 5322.95, down 15.05 points or 0.28%.
On the debt front, the Gilt funds witnessed to be under pressure which showed tumbling performance. The other Long and Short term funds managed to register positive returns with very few decline. According to Dhawal Dalal, DSP BlackRock, in the debt market, the bonds are expected to be rangebound with a declining bias in the near-term. Also the supply concerns may continue to weigh on sentiment which will eventually affect the debt funds.
Here is the day's performance and the gainers and losers across categories.
Equity funds: Top gainers
* Templeton India Equity Income Fund (G) up 1.07%
* Templeton India Growth Fund (G) up 0.63%
* Religare AGILE Fund (G) up 0.58%
Equity funds: Top losers
* Tata Service Industries Fund (G) down 1.19%
* HDFC Infrastructure Fund (G) down 1.19%
* ING Core Equity Fund (G) down 1.02%
Tax saving funds: Top gainers
* Religare AGILE Tax Fund (G) up 0.52%
* Edelweiss ELSS Fund (G) up 0.16%
* Axis Long Term Equity Fund (G) up 0.14%
Tax saving funds: Top losers
* Escorts Tax Plan (G) down 1.05%
* HDFC Long Term Advantage Fund (G) down 0.77%
* JM Tax Gain Fund (G) down 0.69%
Sector funds: Top gainers
* ICICI Prudential FMCG Fund (G) up 1.56%
* Sundaram Media & Entertainment Opportunities - Retail (G) up 0.55%
* ICICI Prudential Banking & Financial Services Fund - Retail Plan (G) up 0.22%
Sector funds: Top losers
* UTI Banking Sector Fund (G) down 0.98%
* Sahara Banking and Financial Services Fund (G) down 0.94%
* Tata Life Sciences & Technology Fund (G) down 0.93%
Balanced funds: Top gainers
* LIC NOMURA MF Balanced Fund - C (G) up 0.02%
Balanced funds: Top losers
* HDFC Prudence Fund (G) down 0.76%
* HDFC Balanced Fund (G) down 0.61%
* ING Balanced Portfolio (G) down 0.6%
Debt funds: Top gainers
* UTI Dynamic Bond Fund (G) up 0.22%
* ING Gilt Fund - PF Dynamic Plan (G) up 0.22%
Debt funds: Top losers
* IDBI Dynamic Bond Fund (G) down 0.01%
* Birla Sun Life G-Sec. Fund - Long Term (G) down 0.01%
May 23 2013, 10:43
- in MARKET OUTLOOK
May 23 2013, 09:33
- in Technicals