Dec 22, 2012, 12.47 PM | Source: Moneycontrol.com
Equity Funds decline as markets dropped by over one per cent led by global and local cues. Meanwhile Fixed Income funds delivered stable performance amid lower volumes and tight systemic liquidity.
Led by profit booking and uncertainty over US fiscal cliff deal domestic mutual funds continued to be the net sellers.
The 30-share BSE Sensex fell 211.92 points to close at 19,242, weighed down by selling across sectors. Meanwhile, the 50-share NSE Nifty slipped 68.70 points to end below 5,850 level at 5,847.7. Experts feel that there may be a little bit of correction in the market because of significant rally seen recently, but ruled out major correction.
Meanwhile Fixed Income funds delivered stable performance amid lower volumes and tight systemic liquidity. Both Long and Short term funds advanced with very few decline registered.
Here is the day's performance and the gainers and losers across categories.
Equity funds: Top gainers
* Escorts Opportunities Fund (G) up 0.01%
Equity funds: Top losers
* Goldman Sachs Infrastructure Exchange Traded Scheme down 2.07%
* Reliance Growth Fund - Retail Plan (G) down 1.91%
* Reliance Diversified Power Sector Fund - Retail Plan (G) down 1.91%
Tax saving funds: Top gainers
* No Losers
Tax saving funds: Top losers
* SBI TAX Advantage Fund - Series I (G) down 1.89%
* Religare AGILE Tax Fund (G) down 1.81%
* Sahara Tax Gain (G) down 1.78%
Sector funds: Top gainers
* No Gainers
Sector funds: Top losers
* Sundaram Media & Entertainment Opportunities - Retail (G) down 1.82%
* Sahara Power & Natural Resources Fund (G) down 1.66%
* SBI Magnum Pharma Fund (G) down 1.56%
Balanced funds: Top gainers
* No Gainers
Balanced funds: Top losers
* Principal Retail Equity Saving Fund (G) down 1.59%
* Principal Balanced Fund (G) down 1.28%
* Tata Balanced Fund (G) down 1.24%
Debt funds: Top gainers
* Tata Dynamic Bond Fund - Plan A (G) up 0.06%
* Motilal Oswal MOSt 10 Year Gilt Fund (G) up 0.09%
Debt funds: Top losers
* ICICI Prudential Gilt - Investment Plan - PF Option (G) down 0.08%
The markets cheered on release of inflation data.
HDFC Mutual Fund extends closing date of the New F
Fidelity Mutual Fund has announced that with effec
It was a wild Wednesday! The equity funds cheered
After exhibiting stellar performance, market took
HeidelbergCement India has reported a sales turnov
Medi-Caps has reported a sales turnover of Rs 6.77