Real-time Stock quotes, portfolio, LIVE TV and more.
Aug 04, 2012, 11.45 AM IST
All the Equity funds including Balanced funds couldn't withhold market pressure and were seen in red due to volatile market condition. Meanwhile all debt funds barring Gilt long term delivered good performance.
In the sectoral space, Technology and defensive sectors Pharma & Healthcare and FMCG exhibited good performance. Banking & Finance category lost the most with no advances.
The markets posted marginal losses with BSE down by 26.43 points at 17,197.93 while index fell 12.05 points to 5,215.70. Mithil Pradhan, Sr Vice President - Technicals & Derivatives, Violet Arch Capital Advisors believes that upsides are really restricted at this point of time because the weakly and monthly charts both are overbought from a momentum perspective.
Among debt funds, Gilt Long Term category continued to be under pressure while others debt funds category viz Long term and Short term delivered decent performance.
Here is the day's performance and the gainers and losers across categories.
Equity funds: Top gainers
* Reliance Small Cap Fund (G) up 0.63%
* IDFC Sterling Equity Fund (G) up 0.57%
* SBI Magnum Global Fund (G) up 0.49%
Equity funds: Top losers
* JM Core 11 Fund (G) down 0.93%
* Taurus Infrastructure Fund (G) down 0.88%
* Reliance Infrastructure Fund - Retail Plan (G) down 0.77%
Tax saving funds: Top gainers
* Reliance Equity Linked Saving Fund - Series I (G) up 0.46%
* SBI TAX Advantage Fund - Series II (G) up 0.40%
* Edelweiss ELSS Fund (G) up 0.32%
Tax saving funds: Top losers
* DWS Tax Saving Fund (G) down 0.59%
* UTI Long Term Advantage Fund (G) down 0.52%
* HDFC Tax Saver (G) down 0.45%
Sector funds: Top gainers
* Reliance Pharma Fund (G) up 1.07%
* ICICI Prudential Technology Fund (G) up 0.91%
* Franklin Infotech Fund (G) up 0.72%
Sector funds: Top losers
* Taurus Banking & Financial Services Fund (G) down 0.91%
* UTI Banking Sector Fund (G) down 0.75%
* Reliance Banking Fund (G) down 0.71%
Balanced funds: Top gainers
* Reliance Regular Savings Fund - Balanced Option (G) up 0.10%
* Edelweiss Absolute Return Fund (G) up 0.08%
* Principal Retail Equity Saving Fund (G) up 0.03%
Balanced funds: Top losers
* Escorts Balanced Fund (G) down 0.64%
* HDFC Prudence Fund (G) down 0.46%
* Sundaram Balanced Fund - Regular Plan (G) down 0.43%
Debt funds: Top gainers
* Principal Debt Opportunities Fund - Corporate Bond Plan (G) up 0.22%
* UTI G-Sec Fund - Short Term Plan (G) up 0.04%
Debt funds: Top losers
* Axis Dynamic Bond Fund (G) down 0.02%
* IDFC G-Sec. Fund - Investment Plan - Regular Plan A (G) down 0.01%
Jun 18 2013, 10:41
- in FII View
Jun 18 2013, 10:41
- in Stocks Views