Real-time Stock quotes, portfolio, LIVE TV and more.
Aug 31, 2012, 09.48 AM IST
Equity funds delivered good performance as markets finally manage to show some positive vibes towards the end of the week. However the debt funds were seen declining.
The sector funds were seen advancing as none of the funds in any category was seen losing.
The markets were seen gaining some confidence amid dull session. The Sensex closed at 17541.64 up 50.83 points or 0.29% and the Nifty shuts shop at 5315.05 up 27.25 points or 0.52%.
Among debt funds, Gilt Long Term funds delivered laggard performance recording very few gainers while all other categories manage to maintain positive returns.
Here is the day's performance and the gainers and losers across categories.
Equity funds: Top gainers
* Sundaram Equity Multiplier Fund (G) up 1.15%
* HSBC Midcap Equity Fund (G) up 0.96%
* Sundaram Select Midcap - Regular Plan (G) up 0.93%
Equity funds: Top losers
* Templeton India Equity Income Fund (G) down 0.62%
* Religare Equity Fund (G) down 0.16%
* Reliance Vision Fund - Retail Plan (G) down 0.14%
Tax saving funds: Top gainers
* Canara Robeco Equity Tax Saver (G) up 0.69%
* JP Morgan India Tax Advantage Fund (G) up 0.67%
* IDFC Tax Advantage (ELSS) Fund (G) up 0.67%
Tax saving funds: Top losers
* JM Tax Gain Fund (G) down 0.12%
* Reliance Tax Saver (ELSS) Fund (G) down 0.08%
Sector funds: Top gainers
* Reliance Media & Entertainment Fund (G) up 1.61%
* Sundaram Media & Entertainment Opportunities - Retail (G) up 1.27%
* Birla Sun Life New Millennium (G) up 0.86%
Sector funds: Top losers
* No Losers
Balanced funds: Top gainers
* Sundaram Balanced Fund - Regular Plan (G) up 0.60%
* Canara Robeco Balance (G) up 0.56%
* DSP BlackRock Balanced Fund (G) up 0.54%
Balanced funds: Top losers
* JM Balanced Fund (G) down 0.01%
Debt funds: Top gainers
* Tata Income Fund (G) up 0.05%
* Birla Sun Life Gilt Plus (Liquid Plan)(G) up 0.03%
Debt funds: Top losers
* DSP BlackRock Bond Fund - Retail Plan (G) down 0.01%
* Templeton India Govt. Sec. - Long Term Plan (G) down 0.02%
May 22 2013, 10:28
- in Technicals
May 22 2013, 10:44
- in Economy