UTI Wealth Builder II: Key benefits, features & negatives

UTI Wealth Builder II fund is a combination of gold and equity in which 65% is invested in equities and remaining 35% in gold ETFs and debt instruments. It is an open-ended diversified equity fund.
  • Language
  • App
  • Subscriptions
  • Specials
  • Sign-In
  • Register
GeStepAhead GrowMyMoney
moneycontrol.com

Home » News » Mutual Funds » MF Analysis

Dec 12, 2008, 07.56 PM | Source: CNBC-TV18

UTI Wealth Builder II: Key benefits, features & negatives

UTI Wealth Builder II fund is a combination of gold and equity in which 65% is invested in equities and remaining 35% in gold ETFs and debt instruments. It is an open-ended diversified equity fund.

Like this story, share it with millions of investors on M3

UTI Wealth Builder II: Key benefits, features & negatives

UTI Wealth Builder II fund is a combination of gold and equity in which 65% is invested in equities and remaining 35% in gold ETFs and debt instruments. It is an open-ended diversified equity fund.

Post Your Comments

Share Cancel

Here is a verbatim transcript of Avni Raja’s comments on CNBC-TV18. Also watch the accompanying video.

UTI Wealth Builder II fund is a combination of gold and equity in which 65% is invested in equities and remaining 35% in gold ETFs and debt instruments. It is an open-ended diversified equity fund.

The key features and benefits of this fund is that it is a diversified fund. The portfolio includes gold which is a hedge against inflation. Gold also adds stability to portfolio and is also an hedge against equity if proper allocation is done. It has tax benefits on capital appreciation and reduces hassles of buying gold ETFs separately. There is no entry load for direct applications as well.

As far as the negatives are concerned, this is a risk product and involves element of unpredictability. The exit load is applicable if redeemed in less than one year. The debt portion includes securitised debt. Investor does not have a clear idea of gold allocation as well.

Experts feel that investments in different asset classes should be isolated. Therefore, investing in gold and diversified equity is a better option.

For more Mutual Fund Action in Market click here

Buy, Hold, Sell ? Hear it first on M3
UTI Wealth Builder II: Key benefits, features & negatives

See all

Get started using your favorite social network

or

Login using moneycontrol ID

Username
Password

Need help logging in? Reset password.

Don´t have an account? Sign Up

Get started using your favorite social network

or

Simply sign up using this short form

* mandatory

UserName*

Username should be atleast 4 character

Password*

Password should be 8 or more characters,
atleast 1 number, 1 symbol & 1 upper case letter

Alert

Your Password should contain
  • 8 or more characters
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 symbol
  • At least 1 upper case letter
Confirm Password*
Email
Already have an account? Login