Real-time Stock quotes, portfolio, LIVE TV and more.
Mar 22, 2012, 01.16 PM IST
12 IPOs has already called off in 2012, says Jagannadham Thunuguntla, Strategist & Head of Research, SMC Global Securities Limited.
112 IPOs has already called off in 2012, says Jagannadham Thunuguntla, Strategist & Head of Research, SMC Global Securities Limited.
1. The year 2012 has already seen call-off of 12 IPOs. The probable amount that these 12 IPOs were planning to raise was to an aggregate of Rs 5,461 Crores.
2. The list of the 12 companies who have called-off their IPOs during 2012 include: Micromax, Embassy Property, Joyalukkas, Lokmat Media, VRL Logistics, Aravali Infrapower, etc
3. This is in addition to the call-off of 29 companies during 2011 calendar year. The probable amount that these 29 companies were planning to raise was to an aggregate of Rs 32,400 Crores.
4. So, starting 1st January 2011 till date, about 41 IPOs were called off. The total amount they were expected to raise was about Rs 37,859 Crores.
5. All these 41 companies had valid SEBI approval in hand for their IPOs. Even then, they couldn’t open their IPOs within the validity period of one year from the date of SEBI approval.
6. This surely will impact the Indian corporates ability in fund raising to finance their expansion projects resulting in slow down in capacity building and job creation.
7. Further, the government's disinvestment program which was supposed to bring public issues of several blue-chip PSUs couldn’t take off. The recent lukewarm response to ONGC auction can also impact the confidence of the public issue market.
8. The secondary market and global liquidity hold key for the future of IPO market.
Disclaimer: The views and investment tips expressed by investment experts/broking houses/rating agencies on moneycontrol.com are their own, and not that of the website or its management. Moneycontrol.com advises users to check with certified experts before taking any investment decisions.
To see full list of the companies click on the attachment..
To read the full report click here
May 22 2013, 13:11
- in MARKET OUTLOOK
May 22 2013, 10:44
- in Economy