Real-time Stock quotes, portfolio, LIVE TV and more.
Rail Budget 2010: Freight lowered, AC tickets get cheaper
Published on Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 12:55 Updated at Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 18:27 | Source : Moneycontrol.com
Indian Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee presented the Railway Budget in Parliament today. Banerjee has chalked out a ambitious plan with an aim to raise Rs 10,000-20,000 crore in FY11 and promised to introduce a 10-year a plan "Vision 2020".
A point to note, however, is that the second Railway Budget is being announced amidst accusations that promises made last year have not yet been achieved.
- To come out with 10-year plan 'Vision 2020'
- Limited funds available constraint for line addition
- See 890 million tonne freight loading during FY10
- To beat FY10 freight target by 8 million tonne
- FY10 revised estimate on gross earning at Rs 88,200 crore
- Rs 6,490 crore net revenue revised estimate for FY10
- Non-core business revenue seen at Rs 1,000 crore
- Impact of 6th Pay Commission at Rs 55,000 crore
- Plan to raise Rs 10,000-20,000 crore in FY11
- FY11 freight loading aim at 944 million tonne
- FY11 gross traffic receipts at Rs 94,800 crore
- FY11 plan outlay seen at Rs 41,426 crore
- FY11 working spend seen at Rs 87,100 crore
- See FY11 dividend liability at Rs 6,600 crore
- FY11 operating ratio seen at 93.2%
- FY11 new line allocation cost at Rs 4,400 crore
- FY11 gross budgetary support seen at Rs 15,800 crore
- To borrow Rs 9,120 crore this fiscal
NEXT PAGE: What's in Rail Budget for business and India Inc