National manufacturing policy aims to provide 100 mn new jobs

The national manufacturing policy aims to provide 100 million jobs, out of which 25 percent new jobs will be hi-tech and the remaining 75 percent will be medium tech, Department of Heavy Industry Secretary Girish Shankar said here.
  • Language
  • App
  • Subscriptions
  • Specials
  • Sign-In
  • Register
GeStepAhead GrowMyMoney master your money IThe Winning Leap SME Special
Moneycontrol

Home » News » Economy

Dec 02, 2016, 09.21 AM | Source: PTI

National manufacturing policy aims to provide 100 mn new jobs

"The national manufacturing policy aims to provide 100 million jobs, out of which 25 percent new jobs will be hi-tech and the remaining 75 percent will be medium tech," Department of Heavy Industry Secretary Girish Shankar said here.

Like this story, share it with millions of investors on M3

National manufacturing policy aims to provide 100 mn new jobs

"The national manufacturing policy aims to provide 100 million jobs, out of which 25 percent new jobs will be hi-tech and the remaining 75 percent will be medium tech," Department of Heavy Industry Secretary Girish Shankar said here.

Post Your Comments

Share Cancel

| 1 Comments
National manufacturing policy aims to provide 100 mn new jobs
The national manufacturing policy aims to provide 100 million jobs, out of which 25 percent new positions will be hi-tech and the remaining 75 percent will be medium tech, a senior government official said here.

"The national manufacturing policy aims to provide 100 million jobs, out of which 25 percent new jobs will be hi-tech and the remaining 75 percent will be medium tech," Department of Heavy Industry Secretary Girish Shankar said here.

"Currently 80percent of the present jobs are low tech and in the capital goods sector alone, we have the challenge of training an additional 5 million into medium and hi-tech skill sets," said the official.

After inaugurating the 10th edition of WIN INDIA trade fair for manufacturing, logistics, warehousing, factory automation and heavy engineering here, Shankar said, for this we have set up the capital goods skill development council which provides the framework and skill standards for these jobs.

"Under the new capital goods scheme, we are going to set up 5 mega skill training centres in different regions of the country which will provide the necessary knowledge content.

"The council enlists and certifies training institutions which are being proposed on an entrepreneurship model, and in some cases DHI will also provide grants to create training capacities. This should create the framework to substantially share the load to train 5 million workers in the next 5 years," Shankar said.

The trade fair also saw participation from 10 countries like Germany, China, Italy, India, Netherlands, South Korea, Spain, Taiwan, UAE and USA.

Buy, Hold, Sell ? Hear it first on M3
National manufacturing policy aims to provide 100 mn new jobs

See all

Get started using your favorite social network

or

Login using moneycontrol ID

Username
Password

Need help logging in? Reset password.

Don´t have an account? Sign Up

Get started using your favorite social network

or

Simply sign up using this short form

* mandatory

UserName*

Username should be atleast 4 character

Password*

Password should be 8 or more characters,
atleast 1 number, 1 symbol & 1 upper case letter

Alert

Your Password should contain
  • 8 or more characters
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 symbol
  • At least 1 upper case letter
Confirm Password*
Email
Already have an account? Login