Jan 11, 2013 09:13 PM IST | Source: PTI

Student consumes poison after being denied exam hall ticket

Student consumes poison after being denied exam hall ticket

Student consumes poison after being denied exam hall ticket
Beed (Maha), Jan 11 (PTI) A first year polytechnic student has been admitted to the Beed Civil Hospital after he consumed poison on Friday for being denied his exam hall ticket. Rajeshwar Apparo Gholap, a resident of Karvat Borgaon village of Georai tehsil, studying in Aditya Polytechnic College was denied his exam hall ticket by his college principal. He was taken to the hospital after being found in his hostel room in an unconscious state by his friend. "I asked my exam hall ticket to the principal but she refused to give it to me," Gholap told reporters. Rajeshwar's friend claimed that he was denied his hall ticket though the college administration took Rs 360 as exam form fees and filled up the exam form without his knowledge. No police case has been registered yet. Incidentally, six girl students of the polytechnic's sister institution, Aditya Dental College, had also complained to the district collector that they were harassed by college authorities for three days. PTI COR BA
Sections
Follow us on
Available On