SBI to divest 5% stake in SBI Life to non-promoter entity

SBI informed BSE that its executive committee of the central board (ECCB) at its meeting held today has approved the divestment of stake.
  • Language
  • App
  • Subscriptions
  • Specials
  • Sign-In
  • Register
GeStepAhead GrowMyMoney IThe Winning Leap SME Special
Moneycontrol

Home » News » Business

Oct 15, 2016, 09.49 AM | Source: PTI

SBI to divest 5% stake in SBI Life to non-promoter entity

SBI informed BSE that its executive committee of the central board (ECCB) at its meeting held today has approved the divestment of stake.

Like this story, share it with millions of investors on M3

SBI to divest 5% stake in SBI Life to non-promoter entity

SBI informed BSE that its executive committee of the central board (ECCB) at its meeting held today has approved the divestment of stake.

Post Your Comments

Share Cancel

SBI to divest 5% stake in SBI Life to non-promoter entity
India's largest bank SBI today said it will offload up to 5 percent stake in its life insurance joint venture - SBI Life Insurance - to a non-promoter entity.

SBI Life Insurance is a joint venture between State Bank of India and BNP Paribas Cardif. SBI owns 74 percent of the total capital and BNP Paribas Cardif the remaining 26 percent. SBI Life has an authorised capital of Rs 2,000 crore and a paid-up capital of Rs 1,000 crore.

SBI informed BSE that its executive committee of the central board (ECCB) at its meeting held today has approved the divestment of stake.

"Pursuant to the applicable provisions of the LODR regulations, we advise that the executive committee of the central board (ECCB) at its meeting held on October 14, 2016 has approved to dilute up to 5 percent stake of SBI in SBI Life to a non-promoter entity," the BSE filing said.

As per SBI Life's 2015-16 annual report, the company collected a total gross written premium (GWP) of Rs 15,825 crore, comprising Rs 7,107 crore new business premium and Rs 8,719 crore renewal premium.

It retained a private market share of 17.3 percent and a total market share of 5.1 percent for 2015-16.

BNP Paribas Cardif is the life, property and casualty insurance arm of BNP Paribas.

SBI's shares closed at Rs 251.9 apiece on BSE, up 0.88 percent from yesterday.

Buy, Hold, Sell ? Hear it first on M3
SBI to divest 5% stake in SBI Life to non-promoter entity

See all

Get started using your favorite social network

or

Login using moneycontrol ID

Username
Password

Need help logging in? Reset password.

Don´t have an account? Sign Up

Get started using your favorite social network

or

Simply sign up using this short form

* mandatory

UserName*

Username should be atleast 4 character

Password*

Password should be 8 or more characters,
atleast 1 number, 1 symbol & 1 upper case letter

Alert

Your Password should contain
  • 8 or more characters
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 symbol
  • At least 1 upper case letter
Confirm Password*
Email
Already have an account? Login