DLF files 5 patents for inventions
DLF Ltd., India‘s largest real estate company, has filed five patents for inventions pertaining to safety and security against any possible safety threat/ hazards to the buildings/ premises and its residents. DLF is the true and first inventor of these inventions.
DLF Ltd., India’s largest real estate company, has filed five patents for inventions pertaining to safety and security against any possible safety threat/ hazards to the buildings/ premises and its residents. DLF is the true and first inventor of these inventions.
DLF has filed 5 patents related to the inventions in the field of:
• Firestop cable barrier: The invention is designed to restore the fire-resistance ratings of wall and / or floor assemblies by impending spread of fire, which is done by sealing openings with fire resistant materials and covering cables and joints by fire resistant material.
• Containment of inflammable and combustible liquid: The invention relates generally to tanks for inflammable and combustible liquids, and more particularly concerns system for making such tanks fire resistant in above ground installations environments.
• Methods and systems for storage of batteries: The batteries, used in residential and commercial places for providing power back-up support, contain lead and sulfuric acid, hence there is a risk associated with storage of batteries. The invention relates to the methodology of and system for, in particular indoor storage of batteries with equipped with appropriate devices.
• Methods and systems for storing Oil: Primarily, in industrial and commercial usage, lubricating oil and greases are important resources, most of which deteriorates with time. However, good storage practice enhances shelf life and performance of lubricants and greases. The invention, in particular, deals with methods and systems of indoor storage of lubricants and grease, equipped with heat quenching and smoke detecting devices.
• A method of diverting chilled water of HVAC system in case of fire: The large buildings have extensive air-conditioning system wherein several thousand liters of chilled water is available. The invention provides a method to utilize the chilled water in HVAC to fight fire, which is in addition to the existing water storage system of the building.
This is the first time in India, that any real estate company has invested its time, money and resources for inventions and development of such unique technology critical for safety and security of building, its premises and residents.
“These inventions are in tune with DLF’s commitment of providing safe, secure and comfortable premises to its residents/ tenants. In the changing times, the most important feature of modern real estate development is to enable the buildings to be self-sufficient and reliant to avert any threat arising out of accidents i.e. Fire. We are tirelessly working towards creating a world-class infrastructure in Cybercity, Gurgaon, giving it a unique status amongst global CBDs.” commented Mr Ramesh Sanka, Managing Director, DLF Commercial Development Ltd., on filing of patents.
In fact, DLF has the distinction of being the only private developer in the country, to undertake various initiatives to improve the infrastructure in and around its real estate developments, including establishment of privately owned fire stations in DLF IT Park Chennai, Cybercity and DLF City Ph-V in Gurgaon equipped with world-class hydraulic platforms of 90M height. Also, construction of 16-lane road and rapid metro service in Cybercity to facilitate commuting to-n-fro Cybercity.