Mutual Funds gain as markets closed higher
Equity Mutual Funds advanced for the fifth consecutive day as Nifty managed to close above the psychological 5900 level - the first time since July 25 -- amid volatility on Wednesday
Equity Mutual Funds ended positive as Nifty managed to close above the psychological 5900 level - the first time since July 25 - amid volatility on Wednesday, continuing its upward journey for the fifth consecutive session. Broader based funds belonging to Small & Mid cap space emerged as the star performer while all other equity domain advanced registering few decline.
Among sectoral funds, Banking & Finance and Pharma & Healthcare emerged as the star performer while FMCG and Technology funds plunged.
Banks and metals helped the market recover from day's low in last hour of trade today. The Sensex rose 0.35 points to close at 19997.45 after hitting an intraday low of 19777.63 while the Nifty gained 16.40 points to 5913.15.
In the fixed income space, debt funds maintained steady outlook and closed with positive returns with few decline. Bond markets have turned more volatile in the last few days. All eyes will be on CPI inflation data which is expected to be flat. IIP data is expected to be close to 0.5 percent. WPI inflation data, due on Monday, is expected to be around 5.8 percent.
Here is the day’s performance and the gainers and losers across categories.
Equity diversified: Top gainers
* HDFC Infrastructure Fund (G) up 2.44%
* Sundaram S.M.I.L.E Fund - Regular Plan (G) up 2.31
* UTI Mid Cap Fund (G) up 2.16
Equity diversified: Top losers
* Franklin Asian Equity Fund (G) down 1.33%
* Templeton India Equity Income Fund (G) down 0.60%
* IDFC Infrastructure Fund (G) down 0.47%
Tax saving funds: Top gainers
* HDFC Tax Saver (G) up 1.28%
* SBI TAX Advantage Fund - Series I (G) up 1.20%
Tax saving funds: Top losers
* Religare Invesco AGILE Tax Fund (G) down 0.37%
Sector funds: Top gainers
* ICICI Prudential Banking & Financial Services Fund - Retail (G) up 2.09%
* Sundaram Financial Services Opportunities - Retail Plan (G) up 2.07%
* Baroda Pioneer Banking and Financial Services Fund (G) up 2.06%
Sector funds: Top losers
* ICICI Prudential FMCG Fund (G) down 0.68%
* DSP BlackRock Technology.Com - Regular Plan (G) down 0.58%
Balanced funds: Top gainers
* JM Balanced Fund (G) up 0.86%
* Principal Balanced Fund (G) up 0.86%
Balanced funds: Top losers
* No Losers
Debt funds: Top gainers
* DWS Premier Bond Fund - Premium Plus Plan (G) up 0.19%
* IDFC G-Sec. Fund - Short Term Plan - Regular Plan A (G) up 0.30%
Debt funds: Top losers
* IDFC Super Saver Income - Investment Plan A - Regular (G) down 0.01%
* Reliance Gilt Securities Fund - Retail Plan (G) down 0.01%
For more Mutual Fund News click here