Short rollover to March series could lead to further selling pressure and long unwinding in coming trading sessions.
Based on the recent move in bond yields, we expect the 10-year benchmark bond yield to trend towards 7.80 percent in the near term from a technical perspective, says Dhawal Dalal of Edelweiss.
The trading range for the spot USD-INR is expected to be 64.50-65, says Pramit Brahmbhatt of Veracity.
As many as 54 percent of the respondents said that there is more pain left in the markets before we could see a sustained recovery on D-Street while the rest 46 percent feel that most of the negatives are priced in and the only direction the market is likely to follow is upwards.
A list of important headlines from across news agencies that could help in your trade today.
Indian ADRs ended lower on Tuesday. Tata Motors was down 0.66 percent and HDFC Bank fell 1.24 percent.
The index formed a bearish candle for the third consecutive day in a row and now a close above 10,500 could negate the negative pattern formed on the charts.
MSCI's broadest index of Asia-Pacific shares outside Japan lost 0.15 percent. Japan's Nikkei shed 0.2 percent.Australian stocks were down 0.05 percent and South Korea's KOSPI fell 0.4 percent.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 254.63 points, or 1.01 percent, to 24,964.75, the S&P 500 lost 15.96 points, or 0.58 percent, to 2,716.26 and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 5.16 points, or 0.07 percent, to 7,234.31.
The multinational retail giant nets around 12 percent of global sales volume from online now.
According to Desai, since the main hurdle for MSMEs is managing the working capital, there should be a comprehensive revival plan for them in help them come out of such scenarios.
Promoters pledged shares worth Rs 1.98 lakh crore, about 1.47 percent of the total BSE-500 Index's market capitalisation in December 2017.
The home currency hit an intraday low of 64.86 against the dollar, before closing at 64.79, 0.90 percent lower than its previous closing price.
“The Nifty50 made an attempt to consolidate as it moved in a narrow range of around 80 points before signing off the day with a small bearish candle. However, bears are still in a commanding position as index mildly closed below 100 day moving average for the second day in a row,” Mazhar Mohammad, Chief Strategist – Technical Research & Trading Advisory, Chartviewindia.in told Moneycontrol.
Jain believes that it will not have a long term overhang. He doesn't think this is s systemic fraud that will have a cascading impact.
The 30-share BSE Sensex was down 71.07 points at 33,703.59 and the 50-share NSE Nifty declined 18 points to 10,360.40.
Backed by aggressive marketing and promotion strategy, the heritage fabric has taken the next big step to make itself a household name.
Recent media reports suggest that Tata Steel has emerged highest bidder for acquiring Bhushan Steel, offering Rs 35000 crore and 12 percent stake to lenders and about Rs 1200 crore to the operational creditors
Benchmark indices slipped more than 1.5 percent in three consecutive sessions, and lost around 7 percent in three weeks from all-time record closing highs on January 29, 2018.
Promoters pledged shares worth Rs 1.98 lakh crore in the quarter gone by but the percentage of their pledged holding was reduced to 7.8% from 8.3% recorded in the September quarter.
BSE StAR MF is the largest MF distribution platform in India. In 2017, the platform processed 1.3 crore transactions worth over Rs 1 lakh crore.
Watch the interview of Kunal Shah of Nirmal Bang with Manisha Gupta on CNBC-TV18. He spoke about the current trend in commodities market.
Watch CNBC-TV18's Manisha Gupta give an update agri meeting today.
The Midcap earnings were far better but headline growth was skewed by a few names. It’s surprising that this market has held up relatively well at clearly stretched valuations.
The valuation does look stretched in specific stocks which could see some more pain, but overall the markets is not in a bubble zone and long-term investors have nothing to worry about, says Porinju in an interview with CNBC-TV18.