Jan 14, 2017 12:38 PM IST IST | Source: Moneycontrol.com

ArcelorMittal's Rs 50K cr project shot down by green ministry

The environment ministry has dropped a Rs 50,000 crore mining project proposal from ArcelorMittal.

The environment ministry, led by Anil Dave, has dropped a Rs 50,000 crore mining project proposal from ArcelorMittal.

A report by the Economic Times says that this move has hit ArcelorMittal's big mining plans for iron and manganese in the dense Saranda forest area of Jharkhand ahead of its lease expiry this month.

The company had moved Delhi High Court earlier this month to get an early decision on its mining project proposal across 200 acres of forest land, the report says.

Sections
Follow us on
Available On