Brokerage Recos - Technical
Dec 09, 2012, 02.47 PM | Source: Moneycontrol.com
Chart check: Sensex to consolidate, target of 20000 intact
The Sensex has been trading in a channel pattern and also broken out off a broad range with a gap between 18,590 and 18,616, which will be a very crucial support going forward.
Sensex- Daily view:
Sensex- Weekly view:
- The Sensex has been trading in a channel pattern and also broken out off a broad range with a gap between 18,590 and 18,616, which will be a very crucial support going forward.
- The momentum indicator has given a positive crossover and is trading above the zero line.
- The key support would be around 19,000 and 18,590, and resistance would be around 19,450 and 20,000.
- In the short term, the index is consolidating in a range between 19,450 and 19,200, and is expected to take support around 19,200 and head up till 20,000.
Sensex- Monthly view:
- The Sensex has been forming higher tops and higher bottoms on the weekly charts with support around the 20-weekly moving average, ie 18,300.
- The leg on the upside as wave C or 3 has already started and is expected to move up till 21,205.
- On the weekly charts, the momentum indicator has given a negative crossover, trading above the zero line.
- As the index has broken out of a narrow range between 18,000 and 16,000, it is expected to continue the positive momentum and the strategy should be to buy on declines.
- The key support would be around 18,254 and resistance would be around 20,000.
Disclaimer: The views and investment tips expressed by investment experts/broking houses/rating agencies on moneycontrol.com are their own, and not that of the website or its management. Moneycontrol.com advises users to check with certified experts before taking any investment decisions.
- According to the Elliott Wave theory the index has completed wave Z and a new move on the upside has started as wave 3 or X, which can move up till 20,000/21,205.
- The Sensex has formed a double top around the all-time high, ie 21207, which is a crucial resistance going forward.
- The Sensex has broken out of the consolidation range forming higher tops and higher bottoms which indicates that the new move on the upside has already started and has a very high probability of crossing the all-time high.
- The Sensex has taken support around the 20-monthly moving average, ie 17,592 levels, and is expected to form a positive close again on the quarterly chart.
To read the full report click here
Bear rampage continues, Sensex & Nifty wobbly; Auto index up
Tata Motors, Axis Bank, NTPC, ITC and Bharti Airte
Sensex may sink to 15000 if 21300-22500 support zone breaks: ASA
Vivek Patil, who saw the ongoing market crash last
Sensex trims losses, Nifty above 6900; L&T, ICICI crack
Tata Motors topped the buying list on Sensex, up 4
Sensex, Nifty continue to struggle; infra, metals, oil slump
Tata Motors, Axis Bank, HDFC, NTPC and TCS are top
Sensex falls, Nifty below 6950; Midcap cracks, TeamLease up 16%
TeamLease Services listed at Rs 860 on the Nationa
Sensex 22K risk on; 3 factors key for bottom: Ambit Cap
With the Sensex breaking below 23,000, Saurabh Muk