Opportunity to invest in Gold this Akshaya Tritiya 2012
By Mehta Equities
The day of Akshay Tritiya is a special occasion to acquire gold. To make this day truly auspicious, you should invest in Gold ETFs. Gold has a proven track record of generating safe returns. Historically it has shown stability even in times of severe crises. Keeping a part of your investments in gold for the longer term, will enable you to have a stable portfolio.
Why Gold on Akshaya Tritiya?
Buying gold is a popular activity on Akshaya Tritiya, as it is the ultimate symbol of wealth and prosperity. Gold and gold jewellery bought and worn on this day signifies never diminishing good fortune.
- Gold a safe investment avenue for higher and secured returns against all other asset classes.
- The world's safest avenue as a hedge against inflation.
- Gold prices have increased by 32% since last Akshaya Tritiya on May 6, 2011.
- Gold should be an integral part of any asset allocation today forming 10% to 15% of the overall portfolio.
- Buying paper gold is a more tax-efficient and cheaper alternative to purchasing physical gold.
Why Gold ETF?
- Gold ETFs are a cheaper proposition, as there is no entry or exit load on it. But there is a brokerage.
- No premium or making charges on Gold
- No worries of theft and so saves money on locker charges
- Easy to buy and sell at real-time prices, available on the exchange
- Lquid option to invest in
- Paper gold is a tax-efficient product as one doesn't need to pay value-added tax or wealth tax on it,
Hence we advice investor buying gold on Akshaya Tritiya, do evaluate all the available options before opting for the most suitable one and add the yellow metal to your portfolio to make it truly diversified.
On the auspicious occasion of Akshaya Tritiya on Tuesday, April 24, 2012, the Exchange has decided to conduct Extended Live Trading session in Gold Exchange Traded Funds (ETF) securities in the Equity Segment from 4.30 pm to 8.00 pm.
Further, we are happy to inform you that on this auspicious occasion, the Exchange has decided to waive the transaction charges for all trades done in Gold ETF securities on Tuesday, April 24, 2012.