BY REGISTERING FOR THE HACKATHON, PARTICIPATING OR ATTEMPTING TO PARTICIPATE IN THE HACKATHON AND/OR USING THE HACKATHON SITE (“http://www.moneycontrol.com/hackathon/”), YOU (“you”) ARE AGREEING TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND WILL DEEMED TO HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND E-EIGHTEEN.COM LIMITED (“E-18”) WITH RESPECT TO THE HACKATHON. E-18 shall have the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time, which modification shall be effective immediately upon posting. Accordingly, we suggest that you check this page periodically. To make your periodic review more convenient, we will post a date at the bottom of this page.
A. Awards Objective
The Budget Hackabot Challenge Hackathon is open to everyone who is resident Indian and of at least 18 years of age and is eligible and has the mental capacity to form a binding contract; and is not legally barred from participating from any of the contest. All Participants will be required to present an acceptable form of ID with a photo at the Hackathon. You have a right to work in India. The participants have to participate in a team only. Individual entries are not permitted. A team will comprise of a minimum 2 team members and can be of maximum upto 5 members.
Employees or close family members of employees of E-18, or any person directly or indirectly involved in the running of the Hackathons or their direct family members are not eligible to enter the Hackathons.
To be registered as a participant, You must:
- Fully complete and submit the registration form on or before midday 10th December 2017
- Registration is only possible through the online registration form available at http://www.moneycontrol.com/hackathon/ ;
- Comply with the eligibility criteria set out in this terms and conditions.
- Due to space limitations, E18 may decide to close registrations for the Hackathon prior to the Registration Deadline.
- You are responsible for ensuring that you are able to connect to and lodge your registration form before the deadline, and for all costs you incur in relation to the registration.
- E-18 accepts no responsibility for registrations that are late, not received, incomplete or contain incorrect or inaccurate details; or
- if the http://www.moneycontrol.com/hackathon/ is not available to any applicant or participant for any reason.
- E-18 may, at its absolute discretion allow late registrations.
- The Hackathon is hosted and organized by E-18 at WeWork BKC on 16th December at 9:00 am until 17th December at 9:00 pm;
- You may submit only one entry for the hackathon;
- You shall have time to work and finalize Your entry for the competition from 9:00 am on 16th December to 4:00 pm on 17th December 2017.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own laptop. E-18 will provide internet access also for such laptops. E-18 will make the necessary datasets available to the Participants.
- On the registration page, you will be given 3 problem statements to select from. On the day of the hackathon, you can work on a solution for the problem statements.
- Eligible entries for selection must be a working prototype for the selected challenge. While the teams are not expected to provide the final solution, the solution should be functional and demonstrate a creative solution to the problem. However, the final decision shall rest with the judge panel appointed by E18.
- Your entry must:
- be original, solely developed as part of the Hackathon and not developed in the course of employment for a third party;
- be developed by the Participant/s who submit the entry, except in compliance with clause;
- be in accordance with these Terms and in response to the Project Brief;
- shall not, infringe any third party rights or contain confidential information that you do not have the right to include;
- not contain any third-party software, other than open source software;
- not have already been submitted in connection with any other application process, competition or request for funding, or otherwise disclosed to any other third parties;
- not contain any inappropriate, offensive or malicious code or material;
- You are only allowed to submit one entry per team;
- You must not disclose Your entry, or the idea on which the entry is based, until after the winners are announced;
- The judging panel may choose not to consider an entry which does not meet the requirements of this clause; and
- Any materials submitted as part of an entry will become the property of E-18 and the E-18 will not have any obligation to return these materials to You. You shall not protest to this.
- By participating in Hackathons, You will be disclosing and demonstrating your entry to other entrants of the Hackathon and the Judging Panel. You must ensure that you are comfortable sharing any information and ideas in this way.
- Entries must be presented in English or if in another language, must be accompanied by a simultaneous English translation.
E. SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES AND JUDGING OF ENTRIES.
- Each team of entrants will have 10 minutes to present their entry to the Judging Panel at the end of the hackathon.
- 2 shortlisted participants will be selected at the end of the Hackathon. The Judging Panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- 2 winning entries will be shortlisted at the end of the hackathon. The shorltlisted entries may be announced at the event or within a couple of days of the event. These shortlisted winners agree to work with the E 18 team over the next 45 days to refine the product. The final product selected for launch on the MC platform will be the winner. The winner will get INR 4 lakhs. The other runner-up shortlisted team will get INR2 lakhs.
- E-18 reserve the right to make any necessary changes or substitutions to the Judging Panel prior to the Hackathon.
- In the event that the winners are not present when the results are announced, they will be contacted by E-18 within 5 working days of judging.
- It is each entrant’s responsibility to make sure that the contact details given in the online registration form are correct. Members of the winning team agree to provide (or allow to be taken) a group photograph for marketing/promotional purposes of E-18 and to make themselves reasonably available to E-18 for the purposes of promotion and publicity of the Hackathon for a period of twelve (12) months following the end of the Hackathon, in which the winning entry is entered and at no cost to E-18 other than any expenses genuinely and necessarily incurred in attending such promotion and publicity pre-agreed with E-18.
F. Intellectual Property Rights and Indemnity
- When you submit an entry to the Hackathon, you confirm that you are the sole author and owner of all intellectual property rights in the submission, and that your submission is your original work.
- By participating in the Hackathon, all material intellectual property rights on submissions, ideas, works and results disclosed or generated during the Hackathon are transferred by the participant to E-18 and its affiliates. By participating in the Hackathon you grant E-18 and its affiliates an irrevocable, permanent, nonexclusive, royalty-free license to use, sell, distribute to the public, publicly display, and also perform your submission on an commercial, educational, promotional basis, starting on the date of the commencement of the Hackathon. You also grant E-18 the right to license your submission to others without payment compensation or royalty or the requirement of your prior permission.
G. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- E-18 and its affiliates, and their respective members, directors, officers, managers, employees, shareholders, agents and licensors are not liable for incidental, indirect, consequential, special, punitive, or exemplary damages of any kind, including, without limitation, lost revenues or profits, loss of business or loss of data, in any way related to Hackathon or claims resulting from any person’s participation (or attempted participation) in the Hackathon and/or Site. To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, E-18 are not responsible for technical problems or technical malfunction or other occurrences which may affect the operation of Hackathon or the site, including but not limited to: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; failure of any e-mail or website transmissions to be sent to or received; inaccessibility of any third party service being used in connection with the Site or the Hackathon (including but not limited to any third party websites or Internet service providers); traffic congestions on the Internet or the Site; and/or inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account, app or other item used or desired to be used in connection with the Hackathon or this Site). To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, all Participants and any other individuals using this Site and/or attempting to participate in the Hackathon hereby release E-18 from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to their participation or attempted participation in the Hackathon and/or this Site.
H. Instructions & Behaviour
You acknowledge the domestic authority of E-18 in its premises and will comply with instructions given by E-18, its legal representatives or officials. House rules, safety instructions and information concerning the liability will be made available to participants prior to the event.
- You may be disqualified for any committed unlawful act. Reasons for disqualification may include, but are not limited to, fraud, any other form of dishonesty, misappropriation or infringement of the intellectual property of others, misuse of E-18 intellectual property, and/or any failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- You acknowledge that your participation in the Hackathon may be intensive. You agree to behave in a professional, respectful, non-disruptive and appropriate manner, including taking all reasonable care and responsibility for your own health and safety and that of others at all times while participating, including when travelling to and from the event.
- You agree that you are responsible for making appropriate travel arrangements when leaving the Hackathon.
- You agree that you are responsible for your wellbeing, including ensuring that you get sufficient rest and nutrition during the Hackathon.
I. AWARD OF PRIZE.
- The 1st Prize for Hackathon is INR. 4,00,000 and 2nd Prize for Hackathon is INR. 2,00,000 subject to applicable deduction of tax.
- Prize money shall be distributed to each of the winning entry by cheque. In order for payment to be made, entrants must re-confirm to E-18 details of where each entrant would wish funds to be allocated should they win.
- The winners of Hackathon shall be liable for their own tax obligations.
J. Award Winners - Conditions to Access WeWork Office Space
- 1st place & 2nd place winning teams [5 members max per team] can use WeWork office space allotted to them in WeWork BKC or WeWork Marol during the 45 day period that they are working with the Money Control team in the post hackathon phase
- Post the announcement of the national budget, the winning teams can work out of a private office in any WeWork location in India for a maximum duration of 6 months
- The commencement of the 6 month duration has to begin before March 31st 2018
- The winning teams will have to use the office space 6 months at a stretch and not in a piecemeal manner
- Each team will be provided a private office space with standard WeWork facilities
- Each team will have to select a location provided by WeWork. Once selected, private office space will be provided in the selected location. Location cannot be changed once selected
- Each team will have to provide the names and identification of all team members (upto 5 members) at the time of registration. Once registered, they will not be allowed to switch their slot with another individual.
- IDs and other documentation will need to be provided for the issuance of access cards for each member. Access cards will need to be returned at the end of the 6-month period. Lost access cards will be charged at Rs. 2000 each.
K. Privacy Statement
- E-18 appreciates your interest in the Hackathon. We have posted this privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”) to inform you of our practices for handling data collected online by E-18 from Hackathon registrants. This Privacy Statement states E-18 privacy practices solely with respect to information collected by it online as part of the Hackathon registration process, and it does not apply to information collected via other mechanisms. By registering for the Hackathon or otherwise submitting information through the Site, you are indicating your assent to the Privacy Statement described here. This Privacy Statement is incorporated into and subject to the terms of the Hackathon Terms and Conditions. Any capitalized terms that are used in this Privacy Statement but not otherwise defined in this Privacy Statement shall have the meanings given to them in the Terms and Conditions.
PLEASE REVIEW THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT BEFORE USING THE SITE OR SUBMITTING ANY DATA OR INFORMATION. USERS WHO ARE NOT RESIDENT TO INDIA SHOULD NOT USE THE SITE AND/OR SUBMIT THEIR PERSONAL INFORMATION UNLESS THEY AGREE THAT THEIR INFORMATION WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE TERMS OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT AND THE LAWS OF INDIA.
- Modification of Privacy Statement. E-18 shall have the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time, which modification shall be effective immediately upon posting. Accordingly, we suggest that you check this page periodically. To make your periodic review more convenient, we will post a date at the bottom of this page.
A web beacon is a transparent, 1-pixel image in .gif format that helps us collect data about visitors viewing a web page -- for example, to count the number of visitors to a page or to deliver a cookie to visitors' browsers when they view that page. We may use web beacons on the Site from time to time for these and other purposes.
- When you visit the Site or click on internal links within the Site, we may collect information through technologies such as cookies and beacons. By using the Site, you consent to any such collection and use of this information as described in this Privacy Statement.
We use the information we gather to, among other things, help us improve our understanding of how visitors use the site, measure interest in various pages, improve the Site’s content and usability, monitor the level of activity on the Site, and run the Site more efficiently. We may also use such information for other purposes, including as a way to gather broad demographic information, to enhance users' experience on our Site, or to better prepare future content based on the interests of the users of our Site. However, we are not using these technologies to monitor or track you for advertising purposes.
- Use of these Technologies by Authorized Third Party Service Providers
We may be working with third party providers with respect to the Hackathon. Use of these third party providers may help us to provide you with a better, faster and/or safer experience.
Those third party providers may place third-party cookies, web beacons, or similar technologies for storing information on their sites. These third party providers may use these technologies to help us administer certain services regarding the Hackathon and/or to compile anonymous site metrics and analytics.
- Collecting Your Personal Information
In order for you to register for and participate in the Hackathon, we will require you to provide us with information that personally identifies you. This information may include, without limitation, contact data and other information such your name, email address, cell phone number, job title and gender. If you register, communicate with us by e-mail through any links, or otherwise complete online forms or otherwise submit information through the Site, any information provided in such communication may be collected. E-18 may receive such information directly from you and/or through others involved in the administration of the Hackathon (such as from Third Party Providers and/or other Participants).
- Choice Regarding Collection of Personal Information
You may choose not to provide any individually-identifiable information. In such an event, you may not be able to complete a registration for the Hackathon or access or use those portions of our site that require you to have completed registration or otherwise provided such individually-identifiable information.
- How We Use and Share Information Collected
We will use information collected from you to, among other things: enable your registration for and participation in the Hackathon, providing information to you about the Hackathon andE-18’s other activities and/or offerings, and/or to contact you when necessary. These uses further include but are not limited to: tracking your performance in the Hackathon competition; contacting you and others as contemplated under the Terms and Conditions; and monitoring and ensuring your compliance with the Terms and Conditions. We may also use and share your information with third parties as needed for purposes of your participation in the Hackathon (which could include, but is not limited to, communicating with third party providers or other third parties regarding your registration, judging and scoring, and the awarding and provision of prizes)
In the event that some of E-18’s assets and/or information are sold or transferred or used as security, the information collected may be transferred to third parties as part of that transaction.
E-18 may also provide such information or provide access to such information to any of our affiliates, licensors, content providers, contractors (including but not limited to third party providers) and sponsors
E-18 may use your information to reply to you and send information to you.
If E-18 is requested by law enforcement officials or judicial authorities to provide information on individual users, we may, without your consent, provide such information. In any matters involving claims of personal or public safety (as determined by E-18 in its sole discretion) E-18 may provide your personal information to appropriate authorities without your consent or court process. E-18 may also use your information to enforce E-18’s rights, intellectual property or other property, including but not limited to enforcing the Terms and Conditions .
E-18 s does not intend to reveal your personally-identifiable information to third parties except in the ways described in this Privacy Statement.
- Your Ability to Access, Update and Correct Personal Information
If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us or if you wish to check the personal information that we have about you through the site, please email us at email@example.com. We may retain in our files information you have requested to remove in some circumstances, such as to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and/or enforce our Terms and Conditions. In addition, such prior information is never completely removed from our databases due to technical constraints and the fact that we back up our systems. Therefore, you should not expect that all of your information will be completely removed from our databases in response to your requests.
L. GENERAL CONDITIONS
- E-18 reserves the right to cancel or temporarily suspend all or any of the Hackathons with no liability to any entrants or third parties.
- Indian Laws applies to these terms and conditions and the exclusive jurisdiction of Mumbai shall prevail.