1981 - The company was incorporated on 11th August, as a private
Company under the name of Weston Electroniks Components Pvt.
Limited. and was converted into a Public Limited Company on
May 1984. The name was changed to Weston Components Ltd., and
fresh certificate of incorporation was obtained on 25th June,
- The company was promoted by Prem. T. Vachani and Associates.
- The company's plant is located in a notified backward area in
Dharuhera Industrial Complex, Delhi-Jaipur Road,
- The main object of the company is to manufacture colour TV
Carbon film resistors, audio magnetic tapes and pre-recorded
1985 - All shares taken up by promoters, directors, etc.
1986 - 20,00,000 No. of equity shares then issued at par of which
2,50,000 shares were reserved and allotted on a firm basis to
directors, their friends and relatives. Of the balance of
17,50,000 shares, the following were reserved for allotment on
- (i) 1,75,000 shares to shareholders of Weston Electroniks Ltd.
(only 71,900 shares taken up),
- (ii) 1,00,000 shares to employees (including Indian working
directors)/workers of the Company and associate companies
11,000 share taken up) and
- (iii) 7,00,000 shares to non-resident Indian on repatriation
basis (only 1,99,400 shares taken up). The remaining
shares along with the unsubscribed portion of 6,92,600 shares
from the preferential quota were offered to the public during
April 1987 (all were taken up).
1987 - The Company undertook to expand and diversify into manufacture
pre-recorded cassettes at its existing facailities at Haryana
with an installed capacity of 60 lakhs nos. per annum.
1989 - Forfeiture on 65,900 shares annulied.
1991 - The Company launched calendering machines and audio loaders.