1986 - VXL Instruments started as a partnership firm in 1976, was
incorporated as a Private Limited Company on 28th
per the a Public Limited Company on 24th June, 1993 and
revised Certificate of Incorporation obtained from the
of Companies, Karnataka on 2nd November, 1993.
- The initial products manufctured were micro-processor
acquisition and control systems. In 1983, VXL
introduced VM-15A, a computer terminal based on ISO
market response to which led the Company to switch to
- The Company was promoted initially by a team of 3
Mr. A.V. Kasargod, Mr. M.V. Nagaraj and Mr. J.R. Mundkur
to be joined by Mr. Kumar Shyam and Mr. M.V. Shetty, who
as partners in 1981 and 1982 respectively.
1994 - During the year the company issued bonus shares in the ratio
for every 5 shares held.
- The Company came out with its maiden Public Issue of
No. of Equity Shares of Rs.10/- each for cash at a
Rs.60/- per share aggregating Rs.819 lakhs in February.
- The scheme of amalgamation of Electronic Weighing and
Controls Private Limited with the Company was approved by
the Hon'ble High Court of Karnataka, Bangalore by its
dated 22nd April, 1994.
1995 - The Company intends to set up a 100% export unit under the
scheme at Veerasandra, about a km from the present
combined production capacity is proposed to be raised to
Terminals and 90,000 Monitors by 1995 and 120,000
90,000 Monitors by 1996.
- The Company's subsidiaries are XLnet Software Systems
VXL Instruments Limited U.K.
- The Company has tied up with Stallion Technologies of
for the distribution of the latter's products in India.
- The company has introduced in-house training programmes,
continuing basis to train its managers on the skills
manage in an increasingly competitive an complex
1996 - The Company has introduced a LAN station, in monochrome and
colour versions, to fulfil the need for a cost effective
solution for the growing networking market in India.
1997 - The Company received an award from the Export Promotion
for `Outstanding Export'.
- The Company received ISO 9000 certification for its
factory, from the Under writers' Laboratory, US.
- VXL Instruments has launched Winlinx, a thin network
1998 - The Company is working on developing a family of Winlinx
NT terminals to cater to a host of possible
1999 - The Company has started a Business Applications Software
in January. This Division will specialise in Web based
solutions for Supply Chain Management.
- The Company holds 108,000 Equity Shares of GBP 1 each,
paid-up, amounting to Rs. 5,169,261/- in the share
capital of its
- Xlnet Software Systems Ltd, a 100 per cent subsidiary of
has posted a profit for the first time, in the last
- The company has developed new products like Xica - a
server, and Xica 70 - a PDC server.
2000 - On 28th March, there was a fire accident in company's 100 per
cent export factory at Bangalore.
- VXL Instruments has launched Saral Kot, a solution for
restaurants with features such as kitchen order
screen-based or printed report generation and
that is field upgradeable.
- The Company has informed that, MoU signed between compay
Computer Technology Austrialia (OCTA) regarding joint
- VXL and OCTA shall incorporate a new JV company in
- VXL Instruments Ltd, has entered into a joint venture
agreement with the Australian
Optima Computer Technology.
-VXL Instruments Ltd has informed the Board of Directors appointed
the following Directors:1. Mr Dipak Rao -- appointed as a Director
and Chairman of the Company. 2. Mr J R Mundkar rejoins the Board as
Director. Mrs Laxmi J Mundkar ceased to be Director of the Company.
-Launches Itona TC, a thin client device for corporate networks
-VXL Instruments Ltd has informed that Mr. M.V. Nagaraj is appointed
as Managing Director w. e. f. July 30, 2004 subject to requisite
-Company has informed that the given below are the details of the
email id designated exclusively for grievance redressal division /