1961 - Vadilal Icecream Pvt. Ltd. was Incorporated on 12th June, to
carry on the business of manufacture of ice cream candy.
1982 - The Company was incorporated in the name of Vadilal Oxygen
Ltd., on 28th April to carry on the business of purification
refilling of oxygen gas and selling the same. The Company's
objects in Processing of frozen fruits and vegetables and
manufacture of ice cream.
1985 - The Company was amalgamated with Vadilal Oxygen Pvt. Ltd.
effective 1st July.
- The company issued 3,00,000 - 14% secured redeemable
debentures of Rs.130 each as follows.
- (i) 30,000 Debentures to UTI,
- (ii) 15,000 debentures to Employees.
- Balance 2,25,000 Debentures along with 1,15,550 debentures not
taken up under preferential quota was issued to the public.
Additional 45,125 debentures were allotted to retain over
- Part A of Rs.100 of each debenture was to be converted into 4
equity shares of Rs.10 each at a premium of Rs.15 per share
the date of allotment of debentures. Accordingly 13,80,500
shares were allotted.
- Part B of Rs.30 of each debenture was to be redeemed on three
full instalments of Rs.10 each at the end of 7th, 8th and 9th
year respectively from the date of allotment of debentures.
1989 - Name of the Company was subsequently changed to Vadilal
Industries Pvt. Ltd. and it became a Public Ltd., company
4th August. It was promoted by Ramchandra R. Gandhi and
Laxmanbhai R. Gandhi.
1991 - The processed foods and frozen vegetable division commenced
activities in May.
- The products such as canned/frozen tropical fruit juices and
canned/frozen vegetables are mainly exported. The
division comprises HPS groundnuts, soyabean extraction,
seeds, non-basmati rice etc.
1993 - The ice-cream division had introduced 300 flavours in 600
different packs. The company entered into a marketing
arrangement with a leading Company in U.P. to manufacture and
sell the products under the brand name and as per the quality
stipulated. Similar arrangements are to be entered into with
Companies in Tamil Nadu, Punjab, M.P., W.Bengal.
- In future, it was proposed to include extruded products,
desserts, low priced varieties like milk, lollies, mini milk
fingers, fruit based ice creams etc.
- The Company proposed to manufacture concentrated fruit
pulps aseptically packed with an annual capacity of 16,200
Also frozen dessert an item containing vegetable fat and in
cholesterol was to be manufactured in novelty shapes and bulk
packs in various flavours.
- 2,46,500 No. of equity shares of Rs.10 each, issued,
and paid up. 15,53,000 bonus equity shares issued in prop.
3107:493 shares held on 25th November 1989. 13,80,500 shares
allotted in part conversion of 14% second redeemable partly
1994 - Exports of agricultural commodities such as HPS, soyabean
and hulled sesame seeds and also vegetable and fruit pulps
by 61% to Rs.18.46 crores when compared on an annualised
and the overeall working was reported to be satisfactory.
- The company launched low fat calory ice-cream `Vadilal Lite'
different flavours manufactured at Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- The Company undertook to install new machineries for IQF
(for manufacturing frozen vegetables and fruits) at
Dist. Valsad, Gujarat.
- The Company launched mango pulp, mixed fruit and pineapple
tomato ketchup sauce, sweet corn soup (cream style) and baked
- The Company installed wind farm unit with total capacity of
MW consisting of 4 Wind Turbine Generators (WTG) of 320 KW
and 400 KVA transformer at village Lamba, Dist. Jamnagar,
- During July, the company issued 15,00,000 No. of equity shares
Rs.10 each at a prem. of Rs.42.50 per share to promoter group
- On 23rd July, the company allotted 20,00,000 No. of equity
of Rs.10 each at a premium of Rs.37.50 per share to promoters
private placement basis.
1995 - The Company was on the look out for a foreign collaboration.
- Additional WTGs of 320 KW each was installed at village
Dist. Jamnagar, Gujarat.
- The company received necessary permission for developing
commercial building project name `Mahalay' off C.G. Road,
Navrangpura, Ahmedabad at a cost of Rs.9 crores.
1996 - The company has installed IQF facilities at Dharampur plant at
total cost of Rs.6 crores by using fluidised bed-belt type
continuous freezing technology imported from U.K. with a
of process 2 MT of fruits and vegetables per hour.
- The Company has launched Manga/Pulp/Ral, frozen green peas
-Vadilal launches branded frozen foods in US.
-The Company recommended dividend of Re 1/- per share (i.e. @ 10%).
-The Company recommended dividend of Re 1.20 per Share (i.e. @ 12%)
on Equity Shares of Rs 10/ each.
-The Company has created an E-mail ID - firstname.lastname@example.org
exclusively for the purpose of registering complaints with the
Company by the Investors and for taking necessary follow-up action.
-The Company has recommended a dividend of Rs 1.20 per share (i.e. @
-The Company recommended dividend of Re. 1.50 per Share (i.e. @
-Vadilal takes 'Badabite' of ice cream market.
-Vadilal at top with 50% share in Rajasthan.
-Vadilal's ready-to-eat snacks lure Indian consumers.
-Vadilal - only branded player in 'Aamras'.
-The Company forayed into the country’s flavored milk market
with its new ‘Power Sip’ under the Vadilal Quick Treat
-The Company recommended a Dividend of Rs. 1.50 per Share (i.e.