1990 - The Company was incorporated on 10th October, under the name
Tata Korf Metals West Bengal Ltd. and obtained certificate
commencement of business on 14th December. It was promoted
- The main objective of the company is to manufacture foundry
- The Company undertook to set up a new mini blast furnace of
215CuM working volume with associated systems for manufacture
90,000 tpa of foundry grade pig iron.
- The Company entered into an arrangement with Tata Korf
Ltd. for technical knowhow and consultancy services for the
project. The agreement guarantees production of hot metal at
tonnes a day.
- Another agreement was entered into with M/s. CESCON Ltd., for
consultancy on captive power plant and M/s. United
India Ltd. for overall civil construction and structural
The plant and machinery comprising gas cleaning plant, blast
preheaters, pig casting machines etc., were procured
1992 - The name of the Company was subsequently changed to Tata
Ltd. with effect from 16th January.
1993 - The Company issued through a prospectus 23,22,000-14% partly
convertible debentures of Rs 125 each of which 1,60,000
debentures were reserved and allotted on a firm basis to
Of the remaining, the following were reserved for allottment:
- (1) 1,61,100 debentures for employees/workers of TISCO,
- (2) 2,16,200 debentures to resident Indian shareholders of
Balance 18,29,700 debentures were issued to the public.
- Part A of Rs 40 of the face value of each debenture was
into 4 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each on allottment of
- Part B of Rs 85 of the face value of each debenture was to be
redeemed at par in three equal instalments of Rs 28, Rs 28 and
29 at the end of 7th, 8th and 9th year respectively from the
of allottment of debentures.
1995 - 8 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each issued, subscribed and
paid-up. During May 1993, the Company issued through
159,99,992 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each along with
convertible debentures. The following equity shares were
reserved for allotment on a firm basis:
- (i) 117,99,992 shares to TISCO.
- (ii) 5,00,000 shares to WBIDC.
- (iii) 5,00,000 shares to directors and associates.
- Of the remaining 15,000 shares were reserved for allotment on
preferential basis to employees. Balance 31,85,000 shares
issued to the public. 92,88,000 No. of equity shares
on conversion of debentures.
1996 - The Company is aware of its social responsibilities in
the Environment in and around its factory. Pollutants emitted
the plant are monitored and controlled within the limits
stipulated by the West Bengal Pollution Control Board.
- The Company agreed and has constructed a metalled link Road
National Highway 6 to the factory at Gokulpur as a goodwill
gesture with a view to improve infrastructural development of
1997 - Tata Metaliks (TML), a Tata group company promoted by Tata
Steel and the West Bengal Industrial Development Corporation,
is scouting for a foreign technology partner for a foray into
the iron castings business.
- Tata Metaliks Ltd (TML) will set up an iron foundry for
manufacturing axles for automobiles.
1998 - Tata Metaliks Limited engaged in manufacturing high-quality
iron, has been awarded ISO-9002 certificate by IRQS, an
accredited by RVC Dutch Council.
- The company, with an installed capacity of 90,000 tonnes per
annum of foundry grade pig iron, is currently operating at a
capacity utilisation of 110 per cent.
- The Company won the first prize in the Indian Institute of
Metals' National Quality Competition in the category of
Plants/Direct Reduction units/Re-rolling mills for the year
1999 - The Company's environmental policy was formulated during the
and its waste water discharge was brought down to zero level.
The Company had set itself the target of achieving the ISO
certification for its environmental management system and
received the certificate from Det Norske Veritas of
- Tisgroup company, completed its re-lining and capacity enhancement
programme and puts back in operation its mini blast furnace after 33
days of shutdown.
-Harsh Jha executive-in-charge bearings division at Kharagpur as
the company's new managing director
- ICRA has upgraded the Rs 19.74 crore debenture issue of Tata
Metalliks Ltd (TML) to ‘LBBB+’ from ‘LBBB’
-Completed the first phase of its capacity enhancement programme from
130000 tpa to 140000 tpa of hot metal stands through technological
upgradation by installing Linear type Pig Casting Machine.
-Board Approves the proposal project of setting up of a 2nd MBF with
a capacity of 100000 tpa adjacent to its plant at Kharagpur with a
estimated cpst of Rs 400 million.
- M/s Patton Limited, Kolkata, acting in concert with its associated
has acquired shares/voting rights of the Company of more than 5% as
on September 23, 2003
- Tata Metaliks Ltd has inked a joint venture pact with Kubota
Corporation and Metal One Corporation, both of Japan, for
establishing a 1.1-lakh tonnes per annum capacity ductile iron pipe
manufacturing plant at Kharagpur in West Bengal at an estimated
investment of Rs 150 crore.
-Tata Metaliks Ltd has appointed Mr. V S N Murty as an Additional
Director on the Board of Directors of the Company at the Board
Meeting of the Company held on March 28, 2008.
- Tata Metaliks has got a prospecting licence for iron ore mining in
Maharashtra. The company will start prospecting work within the next
three months. The iron ore procured from the mine could be utilized
for its proposed steel unit in Karnataka. The company has also got
sanction for 700 acres of land for setting up a steel plant in
- Tata Metaliks Kubota Pipes Ltd, (subsidiary of Tata Metaliks Ltd)
has been inaugurated at Kharagpur on March 07, 2009 by Mr. B
Muthuraman, Managing Director, Tata Steel Ltd.
- Tata Metaliks Ltd - Tata Metaliks enters into Agreement for
Divestment of Redi facilities
- Tata Metaliks Ltd Appointed Dr. Pingali Venugopal as an Additional
Director of the company.
- Tata Metaliks spurts almost 8% after board approval over issue of
preference shares worth Rs 100 crore
-Tata Metaliks Ltd has approved the amalgamation of TML with TSL