The company carries on erection and commissioning of Static & rotary
plant and equipment including heavy tower for fertiliser, chemicals,
petro chemicals, cement, ferrous and non-ferrous metal industries.
Supply of spares, chilled iron rolls for rerolling mills, accessories
and components for the mining, iron and steel, aluminium, copper and
other industries and design and manufacture of various equipment for
the ferrous and non-ferrous metal preming industries which include a
range of extrusion and forging presses rolling mills, process lines
and other ancillary equipment.
The company was incorporated on 12th October, 18 72 as a private Ltd.
co. and was converted into a public Limited company on 20th November
1874.w.e.f. 1st April, 1875, the company acquired the assets,
liabilities and business of the Indian branches as going concerns of
the U.K. registered companies, viz, Davy Ashmore (India) Ltd, Davy
Loewy Robertson Engineering co. Ltd. John M. Moorwood Ltd. and
Brighside Foundry & Engineering co., Ltd. (all of which were wholly
owned subsidiaries of Davy International Ltd. London at a price of
Rs. 42 lakhs which was satisfied by the allotment of 420000 equity
shares of Rs. 10/- each at par.
Effective from 31st March, 1987 the name of the company was changed
from Davy Ashmore India Ltd. & Tata Davy Ltd.