The Company was incorporated in 1995 by Tulsi Tanti. Tulsi Tanti was
in the textile business and was introduced to wind energy through a
project that he had commissioned for his textile factory. The first
the Memorandum were the family members and friends of Tulsi Tanti.
The Company entered into a technical collaboration agreement in 1995
German company, Sudwind GmbH Windkrafttanlagen to source the latest
technology for the production of WTGs in India. Sudwind GmbH
Windkrafttanlagen was subsequently taken over by Sudwind
GmbH (Sudwind). The parties entered into a fresh agreement dated
30, 1996, under which Sudwind proposed to share technical knowhow
0.27 MW, 0.30 MW, 0.35 MW, 0.60 MW and 0.75 MW WTGs in consideration
royalty to be paid on the basis of each WTG sold over the course of
five years from the
date of this agreement.
The Company obtained the official non-exclusive, non-transferable
license for the
manufacturing, marketing, dealing and servicing of APX-60 type blades
from the trustee
of Aerpac B.V upon its liquidation, for consideration of Euro
200,000 vide an agreement
that was entered into between the trustee of Aerpac B.V and the
Company dated June
4, 2001. This license is valid for an indefinite period. The Company
entered into an
agreement dated April 10, 2001 with Enron Wind Rotor Production B.V
acquisition of the moulds and the production line and technical
support and assistance
for the production of the rotor blade type APX 60-P in India for
total consideration of
Euro 500,000. Enron has granted these rights for the manufacturing,
dealing with the products for an indefinite period.
The Company introduced the concept of total solutions wherein, in
addition to the
supplies of equipments, the client is offered project execution work
acquisition, site development, erection and commissioning, foundation
and other civil
work and O&M services. These services are offered in conjunction
with the Associate
SWSL, a subsidiary of the Company, was incorporated in 1998 with the
providing O&M for wind power projects set up by the Company. The
Company has also set
up technological development centres in Germany and The Netherlands
owned subsidiaries. SEG, incorporated in 2001 and earlier known as AX
Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH became a wholly owned subsidiary of the
Company in 2002.
AERT, a wholly owned subsidiary of AERH, which in turn is a wholly
of the Company, was incorporated in 2001 to engage in the development
for rotor blades, a key component of WTGs.
Further, Suzlon Energy A/S, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Company
incorporated in August, 2004 to supervise the international
marketing activities of the
Company. It is proposed that the entire non-India marketing
activities of the Company
shall be coordinated through Suzlon Energy A/S. SWECO, now a wholly
subsidiary of the Suzlon Energy A/S, was incorporated in 2001 to
market, the WTGs
manufactured by the Company in U.S.A. Further, Suzlon Energy A/S has
wholly owned subsidiary, Suzlon Energy Australia Pty Limited, which
was incorporated in
2004 to access the wind energy market in Australia. Suzlon Energy
B.V. earlier known
as AE-Rotor B.V., The Netherlands, a wholly owned subsidiary of AERH,
which is a
wholly owned subsidiary of the Company, was incorporated in 2001 to
market the rotor
blades manufactured by the Company.
Cannon Ball Wind Energy Park-I, LLC (“Cannon Ball”) was incorporated
as a limited
liability company in July, 2002 for the purpose of setting up a wind
power project in North
Dakota, USA. Cannon Ball is a wholly owned subsidiary of SWECO which
is a subsidiary
of Suzlon Energy A/S. Further, a representative office of the Company
was also set up in
China in 2003 to explore the Chinese market.
-Suzlon Energy Ltd signs up MSPL's 3.75 MW Wind Power Project
-Suzlon Energy Ltd opens Representative Office in Beijing
-Suzlon Energy Ltd wins Composite Centre International Export
Excellence Award at the International Exposition India Composites,
-Suzlon Energy secures maiden contracts in China & South Korea
-DEG, Germany signs agreement with Suzlon Energy Ltd to finance US $
-Suzlon Energy Ltd takes a major vertical integration step by setting
up Suzlon Control System - MBU operations at Daman, India
-Suzlon Energy Ltd - Signed a turbine supply agreement with Edison
-Suzlon Energy Ltd - Signed with Edison Mission Group
-Suzlon gets Rs 620 cr Australian firm project order
- Suzlon Energy Limited has has appointed Mr. Andre Horbach as a
global Chief Executive Officer of the Suzlon group.
- Suzlon Energy has issued zero-coupon foreign currency convertible
bonds worth 0 million to fund its organic growth initiatives.
-Suzlon Energy Ltd signed a major new order with ONGC, India's
leading Oil & Gas Exploration & Production (E&P) Company, for 51 MW
of wing turbine capacity.
-Suzlon Energy Ltd wins the Best PE/VC Backed Company Award from
Venture Intelligence Apex
- Suzlon Energy Ltd has appointed Mr. Sumant Sinha as Chief Operating
Officer (COO) with effect from August 01, 2008.
- The Company has splits its face value from Rs10/- to Rs2/-.
-Suzlon Energy Ltd enters Kerala with its first Wind Power Project
commission of S52-600 kW turbine at Agali
-Suzlon Energy Ltd is first S88-2.1 MW wind turbine is commissioned
by Deco Light Ceramics Ltd, in Gujarat, India
-Suzlon Energy Ltd Signs up with ONGC Limited - for 51 MW wind
-Suzlon Energy Ltd signs up with Ayen Enerji Co. Inc. - for 31.5 MW
of wind turbine capacity
- Suzlon Energy Ltd has informed BSE that Suzlon Energy Australia Pty
Ltd., a step-down wholly owned subsidiary of Suzlon Energy Ltd has
entered into an agreement with AGL Energy Ltd for supply of 54 units
of Suzlon's S88-2.1 MW wind turbine generators translating to 113.4
MW capacity in Australia in 2009.
- Suzlon Energy Ltd has informed that the Company has appointed Mr.
Robin Banerjee as its new Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and who has
joined the Company with immediate effect.
- Suzlon Energy Ltd has informed about the signing of an agreement by
Suzlon with Technomash Bulgarian Industrial Group to deliver 12.6 MW
of capacity through six numbers of Suzlon S88-2.1 MW wind turbines.
- Suzlon Energy Ltd has signned a repeat order for 57 MW with Ayen
Enerji of Turkey. The order will be supplied with 27 units of Suzlon
S88-2.1 MW turbine, to be installed at the Seferihisar and Mordogan
projects in east Turkey.
-Suzlon bags Golden Peacock National Training Award 2008
- Suzlon Energy has secured a seventh order from Rajasthan State
Mines and Minerals for 31.5 MW of capacity.
- Suzlon Energy has signed the repeat orders with ITC Limited, a
leading and highly diversified conglomerate, to set up, operate and
maintain two new wind power projects in the states of Karnataka and
- Suzlon Energy bagged an order from ITC for supplying 27 MW of wind
power turbines to projects in Karnataka and Maharashtra for an
- Suzlon Energy stated that it has received its first ever order from
a subsidiary of Larsen and Toubro (L&T).
- Coimbatore: Suzlon Energy Ltd has received an order from L&T
Infrastructure Development Projects Limited to set up, operate and
maintain 8.7 MW wind project in Tamil Nadu.
- Suzlon Energy Limited (SEL) has bagged a repeat order from the
Malpani Group in order to set up as well as operate and maintain two
new wind power projects totaling 19.8 MW capacity, in Karnataka and
- Suzlon Energy bagged orders worth Rs 118.8 crore from Malpani
Group.This is in order to setup, operate and maintain 2 new wind
power projects in Karnataka and Maharashtra
- Suzlon Energy Ltd stated that it has bagged a 202 MW (megawatt)
order worth Rs 1,149-crore from Techno Electric Group, a
Kolkata-based engineering firm, for developing 500 MW of new
- Suzlon Energy Ltd has own 74.8 MW order in Germany.
-Suzlon Energy Ltd Issues Rights in the Ratio of 2:15
- India's Suzlon Energy Ltd said that it had bagged an order worth
.28 billion from India unit of Caparo Energy Ltd. Suzlon Energy
which is the third-largest wind turbine manufacturer in the world
plans to complete the 1000MW wind energy project by 2013.
- The shares of Suzlon Energy on Wednesday rose, after the company
won order from Gujarat
- REpower bagged 47 MW wind projects from France based GDF SUEZ
- REpower inked deal with Swedish Vattenfall for 36 wind turbines
- REpower and Alerion CleanPower signed contract for 44 megawatt wind
farm project in Italy
- REpower and EDF EN Canada Inc. conclude contract for 150-megawatt
wind farm in Canada
- Suzlon - REpower signed contract for 12MW turn-key wind project in
- Suzlon Energy Ltd through its subsidiary, acquired stake in REpower
Systems AG, Germany (REpower), a German stock corporation
- Suzlon Group signs MoU with Gujarat Government to develop 1,000 MW
of wind power
- Suzlon - Suzlon receives 50.4 MW order from National Aluminium
- Suzlon Energy Ltd has informed BSE regarding a Press Release dated
January 21, 2011 titled Suzlon secures 218 MW order in Brazil
- Suzlon-subsidiary SEFORGE won Rs. 200 cr wind sector orders.
- Suzlon Energy launched new range of wind turbine machines
- Suzlon Energy signed South African wind turbine deal
- Suzlon Energy signed contract with ACED to set wind turbines
- Suzlon Group entered Romanian wind energy market with 25 MW order
win, new subsidiary.
- Suzlon - Suzlon Group signed 332 MW offshore contract with RWE
- Suzlon - Suzlon Group signed contract for 131 MW Australian wind
- Suzlon - Suzlon Group signed EoI for 2,500 MW of wind power with
the Government of Karnataka
- Suzlon - Suzlon wins 120 MW order in western USA
- Suzlon Energy entered into contract with Continuum Wind Energy
- Suzlon Energy's subsidiary bags order of 22MW in Portugal
- Wind turbine major Suzlon Energy said its subsidiary REpower
Systems has entered into a contract with Austrian operator Windkraft
Simonfield AG for delivery of eight 3.2M114 wind turbines.
- Suzlon Energy’s arm SEFORGE inks Rs 367 crore deal with a
- Wind turbines major Suzlon Energy said that one of its subsidiary
SEFORGE Limited has won an important supply agreement of worth Rs 600
crore with global bearings manufacturing.
- Wind energy major, Suzlon Energy said its subsidiary has secured
two new orders totalling 16.4 MW for supplying wind turbines for a
new wind farm at Wear Point, Pembrokeshire and Avonmouth, South West
- Suzlon Group inks 50 MW order with Orange Renewable Power
- Suzlon Energy Ltd. - Suzlon Group wins two new UK orders
- Suzlon crosses 1,000 MW in Kutch; developing Indias largest wind