1942 - The Company was Incorporated at Mumbai. The Company
Industrial and engineering moulded products, storage
handling crates, multilayer sheets, multilayer films,
films, expanded polyethylene foam, PVC pipes and
moulded furniture, sataranj mats, disposable EPS
1943 - 2,000 Right Pref. shares issued (prem. Rs 20 per share; prop.
1:1) to Pref. shareholders.
1945 - Issued 3,000 No. of Equity shares.
1947 - 296 Bonus Equity shares issued in prop. 1:20. 622 Bonus
shares then issued to Equity Pref. shareholders in prop.
1960 - 3,110 Rights Equity shares issued at par in prop. 1:2.
1972 - In May, 1972, 1,865 Bonus Equity shares issued in prop. 1:5
Dec. 1972, 11,271 Right Equity shares issued at par in
1978 - 13,426 Bonus Equity shares issued in prop. 3:5 in May 1978.
1980 - 14,321 Bonus Equity shares issued in prop. 2:5.
1985 - A new factory was established at NOIDA (Delhi) with a capacity
manufacture 1500 tonnes of industrial products/components
cater to the North Indian Markets. All the machines
installed in January 1988.
- The Company issued 15% non-convertible debentures for Rs
lakhs to UTI on private placement basis to meet working
- 40,099 Bonus Equity shares issued in prop. 4:5, during
1987 - The working of the packaging and multilayer film division,
however, was affected by hike in raw material costs
prevailing excess capacity in the industry.
- With a view to upgradation of technology and
new products, the Company entered into a collaboration
with Bdr. Schur International, Denmark.
- The PVC pipes and fittings division introduced cable
bore well pipes during the year.
- The Company converted its existing 4,620 - 6 1/2%
shares of Rs 100 each into 4,620 - 13 1/2% unsecured
non-convertible debentures of Rs 100 each at par on 15th
These debentures are redeemable at the end of 7 years
date of allotment.
- As on 1st July, plant and machinery, moulds and dies
revalued and the net surplus of Rs 18,42,17,354 arising
out of it
was credited to revaluation reserves.
- The Company issued non-convertible debentures (C-Series)
Rs. 150 lakhs as Rights to augment long term working
- Pref. shares redeemed on 15th October by allotting
in lieu. Equity shares subdivided. 9,02,220 bonus
issued in prop. 1:1.
1988 - The Company embarked upon setting up of the following
(i) expansion of the injection moulding capacity and
moulded furniture at Noida; (ii) expansion of PVC pipe
fittings capacity at Jalgaon; (iii) debottlenecking of
sheet capacity at Jalgaon (iv) injection moulding unit
Pondicherry and (v) multilayer sheet and products unit
- During September-October, the Company offered
secured partly convertible debentures (D-Series) of Rs
as follows: (i) 4,51,110 debentures on rights basis in
proportion 1 deb: 4 equity shares held (only 4,40,937
taken up) and (ii) 22,556 debentures to the employees
Employees' Stock option scheme (all were taken up)
10,173 debenture being the unsubscribed portion of the
shareholders quota were allotted to the employees.
- Rs 70 of the face value of each debenture was converted
equity share of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 60 per
the expiry of six months from the date of allotment of
- The non-convertible portion of Rs 100 of the face value
debenture would be redeemed at par at the end of 7 years
date of allotment of the debentures.
1989 - Steps were taken to put up a new multilayer sheet unit at
New range of products were introduced catering to the
high tech plastic products required by various
customers engaged in the manufacture of electronic,
air-conditioning and office equipments.
- The Packaging and multilayer films division entered into
technical collaboration agreement with M/s. Schur
a/s of Denmark, a manufacturer of packaging film.
- The PVC pipes and fittings division entered into a
with M/s. Uponor, Finland for manufacture of Ultra Rib
longer diameters. These pipes are to replace the
drainage and sewerage system pipes.
- The setting up of new projects include (i) Expansion of
fittings range at Jalgaon (ii) Manufacture of speciality
products at Malanpur industrial area near Gwalior and
Speciality products in co-extruded and multilayer film
- The Company is a co-promoter of Supreme Petrochem, Ltd.,
has taken up a project to manufacture 80,000 tonnes of
monomer and 40,000 tonnes of polystrene per annum.
1990 - The loading on the machines at Andheri and Noida units was
due to unrest in Northern India. An injection moulding
was installed at Pondicherry to cater to its customers
Southern India. The Company launched moulded furniture
variety of crates.
- Another unit of 1000 tpa. capacity was to be put up at
The demand in PVC pipes declined due to steep rise in the
of PVC resin. Various new types of pipes for different
applications were launched.
1991 - The following projects were proposed to undertaken: (i)
of the installed capacity of flexible packaging
Taloja and Noida (ii) installation of injection moulding
with the capacities of 2,200 tonnes and 1200 tonnes at
and Noida respectively (iii) increasing injection
capacity at Pondicherry and Calcutta (iv) installation
bubble film manufacturing capacity at Gwalior (v)
foam polystyrene products at Gwalior (vi) increasing
of thermoformed polyestyrene products at Daman (vii)
of the capacity of PVC pipes and fittings at Jalgaon
expansion of capacity at the technology centre.
- The Company proposed to set up a new industrial
manufacturing unit at Salt Lake area, near Calcutta.
- In February, the Company offered 11,39,053 - 14%
redeemable partly convertible debentures of Rs 200 each
Rights basis in the proportion 1 debenture: 2 equity
- Another 56,953 - 14% partly convertible debentures of Rs
each were issued to employees under the Employees' Stock
- Pursuant to the terms of the debenture issue, a portion
of Rs 100
of the face value of each debenture was converted into
share of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 90 per share on
of 12 months from the date of allotment of debentures.
- The remaining of Rs 100 of the face value of each
would be redeemed at the end of 7 years from the date
allotment of debentures.
- 11,96,006 shares issued on part conversion of debs. at a
of Rs 90 per share (11,79,153 shares on 1.4.1992 and
shares on 27.4.1992).
1992 - The PVC pipes division introduced a new range of plumbing
and fittings which was well received in the market. The
has become a regular supplier of crates to Coco Cola.
- 34,74,112 shares issued as bonus shares in prop 1:1.
1993 - A.K. Structural Foam Ltd., was merged with the Company as per
formalities of amalgamation, the Company offered to the
shareholders of AKSF Ltd. shares on rights basis in the
one SIL share for 35 AKSF Shares and also partially and
same terms and conditions.
- The Company allotted 8,78,110 No. of equity shares of Rs
at a premium of Rs 190 per share and 17,41,254 - 15%
partially Convertible Debenture (`H' series) of Rs 450
cash at par on Rights basis to employees.
1994 - The profit margins were however affected due to fire in the
Andheri godown adjacent to manufacturing facility and
due to hike
in raw material costs in the furniture division.
- The injection moulded products group entered into a
M/s. Manducher of France for upgradation of auto
business. This would lead to introduction of a large
- From the Hosur plant, cross linked polyethylene foam
were launched. In PVC pipes, the Company launched
pipes. Also pipes with DIN/BIS/ASTM specification
introduced to cater to the export market.
- The Company launched new varieties of fabricated
complete the piping system.
- 13,393 No. of equity shares issued 26,786 shares issued
conversion of A and H series debentures. Preference
issued during 1996.
1995 - The has tied up with Schoeller International of West Germany
its technology of new generation bottle crates. In
the Company launched one piece moulded two seater sofa
1998 - The company intends to introduce 15 more new models to the
existing 55 models of furniture.
- During the year several new products viz. Hygience
were launched in the food service products division.
- Premier Lighting Industires Ltd. has become the subsidiary
of the company.
- Pondy II Plant to manufacture furniture was commissioned
- The company acquired the assets of M/s Camphor & Allied
Limited at Nandesari manufacturing Protective Packaging
- The business of Andheri Moulding shop has been shifted to
other units of the company. Taloja capacity has been
- Entire Flexible Packaging Division is relocated at
Manufacturing facilities of Packaging Films at Noida,
Taloja have been shifted to Khopoli.
- Multilayer Sheet Division at Daman has been closed and the
production capacity of Multilayer Sheet Division is
Manufacture Food Serviceware products i.e. FSW products.
- The existing facilities of Noida and Talegoan to
furniture have been relocated at Pondy II.
- Taloja premises have been partly converted into a Private
bonded warehouse. It is partly also used for stocking
raw material to
give the benefit of logistics in distributing imported as
well as local
raw material to various manufacturing units.
- The company has converted 59,945 MT of various types of
products against 46,513 tons in 1996-97 showing a growth
of nearly 28%
in volume terms.
- The profit margin was affected due to loss on account of
Exchange borrowings, compensation on VRS for closure of
Taloja units, loss of production due to shifting of
machines from one
plant to another plant and inventory losses due to
continuous fall in
raw material prices throughout the year.
- Margins were also affected due to lock out at Nandesari
unit during the month
of April/May 1998 for 33 days and due to fire at Pondy II
unit on 27th May 1998.
This fire resulted in loss of production for 4 days.
- Commissioning of Pondy Unit II for manufacture of
relocating Noida and Talegaon furniture facilities at
Pondy have given
economies of scale and faster service to our customers.
- The industrial components business has suffered a set back
to slowing down of automobile sector.
- The complete closure of Multi layer Sheet business and
capacity to Thermoformed Food Serviceware products has
- There was a fire at Pondicherry Unit II on 27th May.
1999 - The Company is the largest supplier of bottle crates to
soft drink and beverages manufacturers.
- The Company has successfully launched PVC plumbing
systems in the
country during the year under review.
- Shri S.R. Taparia and Shri N.N. Khandwala, Directors of
retire by rotation and being eligible offer themselves
- Consequent to acquisition of shareholding from
Kalle Pentaplast GmbH, M/s. Supreme Vinyl Films Ltd.
Supreme Pentaplast Ltd.) has become subsidiary of the
Company w.e.f. 7.9.1997.
-Board approves merger of its Group Companies M/s Supreme Oriented
Films Limited (SOFL) and M/s Supreme Vinyl Films Ltd (SVFL) into
Supreme Industies Ltd. (parent company) w.e.f. April 01, 2001
-High Court approves scheme of amalgamation of M/s Supreme Oriented
Films Limited (SOFL) and M/s Supreme Vinyl Films Ltd (SVFL) with
-Siltap Chemicals Limited merged with Supreme Industries Limited
- Board has recommended payment of dividend @ 90% i.e. Rs 9/- per
- Supreme Industries signs MoU with the Government of Maharashtra
-Supreme Industries has given the Bonus in the Ratio of 1:1
- Board has recommended final dividend @ 50% .
- Board has recommended Final Dividend @ 45%.
- Khushkhera plant Won Award for incoming Quality Improvement from
Maruti During Vendor Conference for 2008-09.
- Pondy Unit won Best Delivery Performance Award 2008, from Whirlpool
of India Ltd.
- Export Award to fittings for pipes & hoses (of Plastics) from The
Plastic Export Promotion Council, mumbai for the year 2008 - 2009.
- Board has recommended Dividend 120% i.e. Rs 12/- .
- Export Award to fittings for pipes & hoses (of Plastics) from The
Plastic Export Promotion Council, mumbai for the year 2009 - 2010.
- Export Award for Tarapulin from The Plastic Export Promotion
Council, mumbai for the year 2009 - 2010.
- Best Kaizen Award for Sept 2010 From Whirlpool Cluster for Pondy
- Khushkhera unit Won 1st Award for 7th ACMA Northern Region Quality
Circle Competition, at PHD House, New Delhi on 9th July 2010.
- Khushkhera plant Obtained Vendor Performance Award for 2009-10, for
Manufacturing Excellence from Maruti Suzuki I. Ltd.
-Company has splits its Face value of Shares from Rs 10 to Rs 2
- Board has recommended Final Dividend @ 150%.
- Export Award for Tarapulin from The Plastic Export Promotion
Council, mumbai for the year 2010 - 2011 .
- Talegaon plant has been honored with a Trophy towards 'Excellence
in Quality' for the year 2010-11.
- Board has recommended Final Dividend @ 225%.
- Shri Rajendra J. Saboo has been appointed as Sr. General Manager
(Corporate Affairs) & Company Secretary of the Company.
- Khushkhera unit bagged The ACMA Award for Excellence in Quality and
Productivity in Silver category.
-Supreme Industries has announced a final dividend of 275 per cent,
i.e. Rs 5.50 per share for shareholders.
-Supreme Industries has been awarded to fittings for pipes & hoses
from the The Plastic Export Promotion Council.
-Supreme Industries Ltd has been appointed Smt. Rashna Hoshang Khan
as an Additional Director of the Company.