1983 - The Company was Incorporated on 8th July, as a private
company and was converted into a public limited company on
January, 1992. The company was promoted by Gendala P.
- The Company's object is to manufacture ordinary portland
- The Company had set up a plant with an installed capacity of
6,000 TPA at Village Kharsalia, Gujarat. The installed
of plant was increased to 15,000 TPA.
1992 - During October, the Company offered 33,00,000 No. of equity
shares of Rs.10 each at par of which 1,35,000 shares were
to employees and the balance to the public. All were taken
1995 - The Company had set up a plant for manufacture of 1000 TPD
capacity cement at district Bhavnagar, under the technical
- The Company had entered into Memorandum of understanding with
Cimmco Birla Ltd. and ABB-ABL Ltd. for supply of plant and
- 15,68,900 shares allotted (prem. Rs.36) to individuals and
corporate bodies on preferential basis.
-Somani Cement Company Ltd has informed regarding the change of
address of the registered and administrative office of the company.
The new office address is as follows : 202/A-B Vyavasae IInd Floor,
Near Verai Mata Temple, Urmi Dinesh Mill Road, Akota, Vadodara - 390
007. Ph. No : 5541897; Fax No : 0265-2331897.
-Somani Cement bags an export order worth Rs 322 million