1976 - The Company was incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 on
19th April, as a Private Limited Company as Shasun Chemicals
(Madras) Pvt. Ltd., and was converted into a Public Limited
Company on 21st March 1992.
1993 - The name of the Company was changed to Shasun Chemicals and
Ltd., on 25th October, in terms of resolution passed under
Section 21 of the Companies Act. Fresh Certificate of
Incorporation was obtained on 26th November.
1994 - The Company recently received the prestigious `Trishul' award
from CHEMEXCIL for exports during 1990-91.
- The Company's maiden public issue of 15,10,000 equity shares
(out of which 1,00,000 shares were reserved for This
Credit and Investment Corporation of India Limited and 40,000
shares for employees).
1995 - The Company is embarking on a major expansion during the
year for increasing the capacity of Ibuprofen & Ranitidine
for the manufacture of two new drugs.
- The Company has signed a technical collaboration and
agreement with Nagase & Co., Japan, for the manufacture of S-
Ibuprofen, a high value drug.
- The company has commissioned wind mills for generation of
The total installed capacity is 1 MW which will effect
substantial savings in energy costs.
- The company has set up a subsidiary - Shasun, Inc., at
USA, in June, for marketing its products.
1996 - The Company has been awarded the Certificate of Merit for
outstanding export performance for 1993-94 by CHEMEXCIL.
- The Company has obtained the prestigious ISO 9002
from Bureau Veritas Quality International, Switzerland, on
1997 - The Company has signed a technology transfer agreement with
Chirotech, U.K. for the manufacture of 5-Naproxen, an
antinflammatory drug. Chirotech is the technology marketing
of Chiroscience, a company engaged in Research & Development
- Shasun USA Inc. has established itself as a full fledged
marketing arm of the Company for the North American
- The Company allotted 14.5% - 5,00,000 Redeemable Preference
Shares of Rs. 100 each to Industrial Development Bank of India
private placement basis, to augment long term working capital
- The company has a technical collaboration with Nagase of
Japan which will give an access to S. Ketoprofen, SPBA and
D-Naproxen by a new chiral auxilliary.
1998 - Shasun Chemicals is a Madras-based company engaged in the
manufacture of Ibuprofen, Ranitidine and intermediaries.
1999 - The company has signed technology transfer agreement with
Tech of UK for the manufacture of S-Naproxen, an inflammatory
drug through the bio-technology route.
- The company had entered into a technological tie-up with
Genpharm for process know-how, for the production of
- The company has entered into an agreement with a Canadian
formulation company for supplying Ranitidine.
- The company is set to increase the capacity of its Cuddalore
plant from 22 tonnes to 45 tonnes per month.
- The agreement, which is officially termed a `joint venture'
company officials, is the first of its kind Austin has with
company around the world.
- The Company has an agreement with Austin Chemical Company of
the US under which Austin would liasie with drug MNCs and get
Shasun contracts for development of molecules.
2000 - The Company manufacturer of bulk drugs and their
is all set to enter the formulations segment with its
tie-up with the US-based Eastman Chemical Company.
- The Company signing the letter of intent under which
Chemical Company, USA licence its technology for
hydorxyprpylecellulose phthalate, pharmaceutical
excipient to the
- The Company has been given the Visveswarayya Industrial
the All India Manufacturers Organisation.
- The Company has bagged the merit trophy for quality
excellence from the
Indian Drug Manufacturers Association.
-Board approves for hiving of its manufacturing unit , manufacturing
ibuprofen into a separate joint venture company with a foreign drug
-Forms an alliance with Eastman Chemical Co. Ltd of US to license the
latters technology for the manufacture of acyrlic emulsion.
-Fire accidents in one of the packing sections of Cuddalore factory.
-Obtaines US FDA approval for its three bulk active pharmaceutical
-Enters into alliance with Suven Pharmaceuticals Ltd and Innovasynth
Technologies Ltd for drug discovery.
-Enters into a pact with Eli Lilly and Co. for manufacture of API
-Brings down the average effective cost of its term loans to 5% from
the level of 10% in last year.
-Board approves for the issue and allotment of 9,40,000 shares on a
-US-based Genome Technologies enters into a bioinformatics deal with
the company on the heels of cost advantage offered by India.
-GMO Emerging Market Fund acquires 9,10,000 shares amounting to 9.96%
of total paid up capital of the company.
-Dr. Ashish Mukherjee has been appointed as the Chief Scientific
-Chennai-based bulk drug maker Shasun Chemicals on June 15 announced
its strategic alliance with Eastman Chemicals of the US for the
development and manufacture of performance chemicals
-Shasun Chemicals signs mfg & supply agreement with Codexis, USA
-Shasun Chemicals enters into an agreement with Alpharma.
-Company has splits its Face value of Shares from Rs 10 to Rs 2
- Shasun Chemicals signs technology licensing Agreement with
- Shasun Chemicals technology has announced that it has entered into
a non-exclusive licensing agreement with Merck & Co., Inc.
- Shasun Chemicals Board recommends dividend of 50% (Rs 1 per share)
on the equity share of Rs 2/- each.
- Shasun Chemicals and Drugs Ltd appointed Mr. Dinesh Bhutda as
Company Secretary w.e.f. April 01, 2009 as decided in the Board
Meeting held on January 22, 2009.
- The Company has entered into the rapidly growing filed of
Nanotechno by entering into collaboration with Nanoparticle Biochem
-Company has changed its name from Shasun Chemicals & Drugs Ltd. to
Shasun Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
--Registered Office of the Company has been shifted to 'Batra Centre'
28, Sardar Patel Road, 3rd and 4th floor, Guindy, Chennai 600032,
- Shasun Chemicals and Drugs Ltd Appointed M/s. B. S. R. & Co.
Chartered Accountant as statutory auditors of the Company
- Shasun Pharmaceuticals Ltd turnover crosses Rs. 1000 crores as it
celebrates its 35 years of service to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Sun Pharma won the patent battle against Novo-Nordisk in the US
Supreme Court over its generic drug ‘Prandin&rsquo.
-Shasun Pharmaceuticals rallies over 12% on Sundaram Mutual Fund