- The Company was incorporated on 27th, June, at Mumbai, and
the Certificate of Commencement of Business on 5th July. Rolta
Limited (ROLTA) has been promoted by Shri K.K. Singh a technocrat
businessman who has over two decades of experience in business. The
Company is engaged in Distribution of CAD/CAM systems, manufacture
engineering workstations and net work servers, and export of
- The company's activities include software exports to USA, Europe
Australia, hardware maintenance and software support to large
base of intergraph systems in India and data processing centre
specialising in inter branch reconciliation operations of banks.
- The existing group of companies viz. Rolta Computer & Industries
Ltd., Rolta Leasing & Holdings Ltd., Rolta Investments Ltd. and
Consultancy Services Pvt. Ltd. were amalgamated with Rolta India
Limited on 26th October.
- The Company entered into an agreement with Intergraph Corporation,
USA, for the supply of technology for the manufacture of engineering
work stations and net work servers.
- The Company undertook a project to manufacture engineering
workstations and net work servers at TTC industrial area in New
- The Company set up a network of sales/marketing and support
at 23 different locations in India. A full-fledged marketing office
was also opened in Washington D.C., USA.
- The Company also launched a local vendor development programme to
work with the local suppliers to help improve quality, productivity,
tooling methods and product flexibility as necessary.
- The Rolta Group companies, namely, Rolta Investments Pvt. Ltd.,
Leasings and Holdings Ltd., Rolta Computers and Industries, Pvt.
and Rolta Consultancy Services Pvt. Ltd., were merged with the
with effect from 1st August.
- The Company issued for every one equity share of each of the
erstwhile four companies, 2 equity shares to RIPL, 2 equity share to
RLHL, 30 equity shares to RCIL and 1 equity shares to RCSPL.
Accordingly 1,55,37,662 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each were
allotted as fully paid-up without payment in cash to the
of RIPL, RLHL, RCIL and RCSPL.
- Two new entry-level workstations, namely Rolta Station 386/486,
added to the existing range of products.
- The Company issued 15,00,000-14% secured fully convertible
of Rs 100 each for cash of which 4,50,000 debentures were reserved
preferential allotment as follows:
- (i) 1,50,000 debentures to Mutual Funds;
- (ii) 75,000 debentures to employees of the Company, and
- (iii) 2,25,000 debentures to NRIs with repatriation rights. The
remaining 10,50,000 debentures were offered for public subscription.
Additional 2,25,000 debentures allotted to retain oversubscription
(11,550 debentures to NRIs, 425 debentures to employees and 2,13,025
debentures to public).
- As per the term of issue, part-A of Rs 60 of each debenture was
converted into six equity shares of Rs 10 each at par on the date of
allotment of debentures, i.e., 22nd October.
- Part-B of Rs 40 of each debenture will be converted into equity
shares at a price to be deermined by CCI on the expiry of 30 months
from the date of allotment of debentures. Accordingly 27,74,950 No.
equity shares allotted on conversion of debentures at a premium of
30 per share.
- During August, the Company offered out of their holding for sale
57,50,000 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each for cash at par as
- (i) 2,87,500 shares to employees/workers of the Company;
- (ii) 7,50,000 shares to NRIs on repatriation basis; and
- (iii) 47,12,500 shares to public. All the shares were taken up
entirely in each category.
- Two new systems for business applications in the form of Rolta
station 386B/486B were introduced. The Company also launched two
workstations, namely Rolta station 7400 and 6400. A modern and upto
date Data conversion centre was established at Andheri, Mumbai. A
direct satellite communication link was also established between the
Mumbai facility and U.S. subsidiary's facility at Alabama.
- The Company incorporated in USA a wholly owned subsidiary in the
of `Rolta International Inc' with a capital outlay of US million
providing engineering software and services to its overseas
- During October the Company issued 77,66,336 No. of equity shares
Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 20 per share on rights basis in the
proportion of 3:10. All were taken up.
- A new Office Automation division was started to market full range
Intel based Computer system with suitable application packages for
business and commercial applications.
- A prestigious global order was received for AM/FML utilities
Management/CAD conversion project in Saudi Arabia.
- During the year, the Company introduced technical desk top series
power stations with Intel Pentium processor. The Company introduced
integrated modular transaction based on true on-line banking
called `Robust', working under the latest operating system from
Microsoft viz. Windows NT. A distribution agreement was entered
with QMS, USA, for introduction of heavy duty laser printer raning
10 PPM to 38 PPM print speeds and handling a range of paper sizes
B5 to A3.
- The Company had negotiated a strategic tie up with Dell Computer
Corporation for distribution and support of its products in India
including High & Dual QUAD Pentium Processor Servers, Webservers,
Opliplex range of desk tops etc.
- The Company undertook to set up a joint venture in Saudi Arabia to
cater to the vast markets in the Middle East.
- The Company issued 84,56,350 No. of equity shares at a premium of
private placement basis with FIIS and others aggregating Rs 26.40
- The Company also issued and allotted 25,00,000 zero interest
fully convertible debentures of Rs 15 each on private placement
These were converted into 25,00,000 No. of equity shares of Rs 10
at a premium of Rs 5 per share within 18 months from the date of
allotment of debentures i.e. 1.7.94. Accordingly 25,00,000 shares
- The Company entered into a collaboration agreement with M/s.
Intergraph Corporation, USA, for ongoing transfer of technology
giving the benefit of Research and Development Investment of
and also covers all new products launched by Intergraph.
- The Company focussed its attention on 3D plant modelling and
conversion services for plant design photogrammetry, as-built
visualization, etc. The Company undertook to augment the
State-of-the-art production facilities in Mumbai for executing
- 50,00,000 No. of equity shares allotted or exercise of warrants.
- The company has set up a wholly owned subsidiary, Rolta
Inc. with headquarters in the USA and a subsidiary in Saudi Arabia.
- Rolta India had signed a strategic tie up with one of the Fortune
list of most admired companies, DELL Computer Corporation.
- The company is an ISO 9001 certified company.
- Rolta, is the number one company dedicated to CAD/CAM/GIS
Graphics. It is also a leading global supplier of AM/FM and CAD/CAM
services. It was ranked amongst the top 20 computer system vendors
India by the well known Computer's Today Magazine.
- RIL has formed a subsidiary in Amsterdam to exploit European
- RIL has a collaboration with Inter graph Corp Inc, a company which
has 90 per cent share in the global business of CAD/CAM.
- The company has entered into mapping and data conversion in a big
for the export markets.
- Rolta India has also taken up an expansion project to provide
plant modelling and conversion of P&ID into intelligent database for
plant maintenance worldwide.
- Rolta has set up three subsidiaries outside India -- Rolta
International Incorporated in the US, Rolta Europe in the
and Rolta Saudi Arabia.
- The company has also set up a 10-member team initially to provide
- Rolta, on its part, has set up engineering and software centres in
Mumbai to support projects.
- The company has collaborated with ALLTE, a US-based telecom
to convert telephone exchange records into Unix/Oracle database.
- Rolta India will launch its Internet services, RoltaNet in August.
- Rolta India and Parametric Technology Corporation (PTC) have
into a strategic alliance to promote advanced solutions in
design automation (MDA) in the country.
- Reclassification of the present authorised capital of the company
converting the preference capital of Rs. 10,00,00,000/- into equity
- The company Issue equity shares on preferential basis by way of
ADR/GDR/Private placement to FIs/FIIs/ Bodies Corporate/other
- The Company is set to roll out its `Rolta-Pass 4-in-1' Internet
package at Rs 996 for 400 hours that can be shared by four
from different locations.
- IBM India Ltd has entered in a strategic alliance with Rolta India
Ltd. to pursue the e-business market in India, to provide customised
e-business solutions to domestic customers.
-Rolta is ranked amongst Forbes Global's 200 best companies in 2002
retains its position as in premier league.
-Rolta India Ltd launches its operation in UK, through a wholly owned
Rolta UK Ltd.
-Rolta Ltd offers Rolta Tel plus - an easy to use scheme whereby
users can make
international calls from their regular telephone instrument.
-Rolta India informs that it is in first 250 list of the Deloitte
Touche Tomatsu Asia-pacific
Technology Fast 500.
-Rolta launches new dial-up internet packages with a range of
features and options.
-Rolta India Ltd signs the memorandum of Understanding with
Department of Science
and Technology to jointly showcase the contribution made by the
Indian mapping community.
-Rolta India Ltd has featured amongst the 200 best companies, making
it for third time in a row.
-Stone & Webster Engineering Projects Private Limited, (Stone &
Webster), and Rolta have entered into a memorandum of understanding
for a strategic business alliance pursuant to which Stone & Webster
and Rolta Limited are to form a joint venture company in India.
- Delists shares from three Stock Exchanges:
a) The Stock Exchange, Ahmedabad
b) Bangalore Stock Exchange Ltd
c) The Delhi Stock Exchange Association Ltd
-Shaw Group Inc's affiliate Stone & Webster Inc (Stone & Webster) and
Rolta sets up Joint Venture Company in India
-Rolta India receives BS ISO/IEC 27001:2005 certification
-The Mumbai-based Rolta, a leading IT services provider, has inked a
purchase agreement to buy Orion Technology, a Canadian software and
integration company. Orion specialises in enterprise web-geographical
information system solutions.
-Rolta India Ltd on January 23, 2008 has announced the acquisition of
Broech Corporation, doing business as TUSC, an IT Consulting Company
specializing in ERP applications as well as Database and Business
Intelligence solutions based on Oracle technologies.
-Rolta India Ltd has appointed Ms. Preetha Pulusani as whole time
Director designated as Joint Managing Director of the Company from
March 01, 2008.
-Rolta India Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors of the
Company at its meeting held on April 17, 2008, inter alia, has
appointed Mr. V K Chopra as an Independent Director on the Board of
-Mumbai: Rolta India has bought the US-based business intelligence
vendor WhittmanHart Consulting.
-The Company has issued Bonus Shares in the Ratio of 1:1.
-Rolta inaugurates its new Development and Delivery Centre in
SEEPZ-SEZ in Mumbai
-Rolta Unveils Service-Oriented Solutions that Empower Customers to
Realize Rapid ROI
-Rolta launches cutting edge Earth Science Solutions for world-wide
-ROLTA was ranked at the #1 position in Human Relations (HR), and at
the 3rd position in the 2009 DAT AQUEST survey of Best Employers in
the IT sector.
-Rolta partners with Infoterra France for Pixel Factory Image
-Rolta wins a prestigious Nuclear Reactor System Engineering Design
-Rolta acquires OneGIS, Inc. of Atlanta, GA, USA
-Rolta Offers Cutting-Edge Geoimaging Technologies to Serve Global
-Rolta acquires PCI Geomatics licenses
-Rolta partners CBSE to educate students on Geospatial Technologies
-Rolta Awarded Nationwide Orthophoto/Mapping Project for Oman
-ROLTA Wins FICCI Award for Excellence in Science, Technology and
-Rolta India buys ACLS Systems
-Qatar's Ashghal Teams with Rolta to Implement Unique System for
capital Project Management
-ROLTA receives HFI Level - 5 Certification for Capability Maturity
Practices in Software Usability
-Rolta India enter MoU with GeoEye to gain access high resolution
-Rolta India extends relationship with Oracle with Rolta OneView
-Rolta Establishes Gold Tier Partnership with Esri
-Rolta Makes Strategic Acquisition of AdvizeX, USA
-Rolta Establishes Global OEM Partnership with SAP