-Nokia and Reliance Communications Ltd have joined hands to market
the Nokia 1255 mobile handset in India at a price of Rs 1,999.
-Reliance Comm forays into video conferencing
-company has changed its name from Reliance Communication Ventures
Ltd. to Reliance Communications Ltd.
- Reliance Communications rolled out a range of mobile handsets
priced at between Rs 777 and Rs 888, shaving by half to one-third the
existing entry level mobility costs in the country.
- Reliance Communications Ltd has informed that the Board of
Directors of the Company at its meeting held on July 17, 2007, has
appointed Shri. A K Purwar, former Chairman of State Bank of India,
as an Additional Director of the Company with effect from July 17,
- RCoM acquires Yipes for 0mn.
-Reliance Communications Ltd has launched Money Transfer through
mobile phones across the country through it's tie-up with ICICI
-Microsoft Corp and Reliance Communications (RCom) announced their
joint foray into Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) or simply put
television on internet instead of the traditional route.
-The US-French telecom equipment supplier Alcatel-Lucent and Reliance
Communications announced on May 12, a joint venture to provide network
services to telecommunications operators.
- Telecom operator Etisalat DB, formerly known as Swan Telecom, will
be outsourcing its telecom infrastructure requirements to the Anil
Ambani Group company Reliance Communications as part of a Rs
10,000-crore deal spread over the next 10 years.
- Reliance Communications announced its partnership with Microsoft
for offering Windows Mobile solutions on its wireless networks where
according to the agreement, Microsoft is said to offer Windows Mobile
solutions to RCom customers, including push email support, chat,
photo-sharing, content back-up and other applications.
- Reliance Communications on Nov 27 introduced one paise per SMS for
both GSM and CDMA customers, triggering a war of tariffs on data
services from voice calls.
- Reliance Communications has entered into a pact with Polycom Inc,
the global leader in tele-presence, video and voice solutions, in
order to introduce world's first wireless, high-resolution video
- Reliance Communications announced an unlimited internet access
plans called -MobileNet Plan, under which, the subscribers of both
post paid as well as pre paid can access unlimited mobile internet at
Rs 99 per month.
- Anil Ambani-controlled Reliance Communications and GTL
Infrastructure have agreed on a Rs 50,000 crore deal to create the
world's largest independent telecom infrastructure company, which
would not be controlled by any telecom operator.
- Reliance Big TV, the direct-to-home (DTH) arm of Reliance
Communications, and Indiagames, a subsidiary of UTV, have signed a
strategic agreement whereby the latter will offer gaming services,
iGames, on Big TV's DTH platform in India
- RCOM - Reliance Communications announces launch of 3G Services
- Reliance Communications signs MoU with China Development Bank
Corporation for 10 year Financing of US$ 1.93 Billion (Rs. 9,000
- Reliance Communications (RCom) acquired Digicable in an all-stock
- Reliance Communications (RCom) has inked an alliance with GetJar.
- Reliance Comm, US firm tied up for application stores
- Reliance Communication launched push e-mail service on SMS
- China Development Bank signed final documentation for fully
underwritten over Rs. 8700 crores (US$ 1.93 Billion) loan facility
for Reliance Communications (RCom).
- RCom launched 'job search on voice' service
- India's leading telecom service provider Reliance Communications
signed a pact with Radio Netherlands Worldwide (RNW), a news and
entertainment channel, for providing live streaming of its content on
its mobile application R World.
- RCom launched 3G services in Rajasthan
- For providing better mobile Internet and data services to more than
125 million customers, Reliance Communication (RCom) (ADA Group
Company) is planning to enhance and introduce next generation mobile
portal, R World.
- Reliance Communications Ltd (RCom) ties up refinancing for
redemption of outstanding FCCBs of USD 1.18 Billion (Rs. 6125 Crs)
- Reliance Communications Ltd signs definitive final Agreements with
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Ltd. (ICBC)
- RCom partnered with Big Flix to provide movies to its 3G
- Telecom giant Reliance Communications (RCom) signed the final
definitive agreements with ICBC, CDB and EXIM for refinancing its
outstanding Foreign Currency Convertible Bonds (FCCBs).
- Reliance Communications has launched partnership with WhatsApp, a
cross platform mobile messaging application, for its prepaid GSM
users and students called WhatsApp Plan and My College Plan
- Reliance Communications (RCOM) entered into a billion dollar
contract with Alcatel-Lucent in a bid to improve network performance
and customer experience to offer Next Generation telecom solutions
across multiple devices and platforms.
-Reliance Communications launches first of its kind customer delight
program in India
-Reliance Communications and Ericsson sign USD 1 billion managed
services contract for wireline and wireless networks for North and
-Reliance Globalcom Upgrades Trans-Atlantic FA-1 South Submarine
Network to 100G with Ciena GeoMesh
-Reliance Globalcom delivers first circuit to Mobily on newly
launched Hawk cable system
-Reliance Communications partners with Twitter in India
-Reliance launches 'Free Facebook Fridays'
-RCOM Launches Disruptive Hi-Speed Unlimited Data Plans
-RCOM Unveils 'TalkLoan' Facility to Ensure Uninterrupted Calling,
Surfing for its Customers
-Reliance Communications Unveils Bouquet of Game-Changing Enterprise
Products & Services
-Reliance Jio Infocomm and Reliance Communications sign Master
Services Agreement for sharing of RComs city Fiber Infrastructure
-R Com expands 3G services to 18 circles