- The Company was Incorporated on 16th June, 1961 at Delhi. The
Company Manufacture drugs, medicines, cosmetics and chemical
products. The company also markets a wide range of products including
a number of life saving antibiotics.
- The shareholders of the Company offered for sale to the public
during October simultaneously with the public issue of shares 63,535
equity shares of Rs 10 each of the Company at par.
- The Company had set up a joint venture company with local
participation in Nigeria. The equipments to be supplied against the
Companmy's contribution to the equity capital were ordered. These
were shipped during 1978 and were received and installed in Nigeria.
Production commenced in early 1980.
- Ranbaxy Investments Ltd., Medicare Investments Ltd., and Cheminvest
Ltd., became subsidiaries of the Company.
- Approval of the Malaysian Government was received for a joint
venture project. The project commenced production in July 1987.
- In October the Company made a rights issue of 1,00,000 equity
shares of Rs 10 each linked to 15,00,000-15% secured redeemable
non-convertible debentures of Rs 100 each, both at par on the
- (i) 9,09,000 equity shares tied to 13,63,500-15% debentures to the
existing equity shareholders and holders of the convertible parts of
13.5% secured debentures in the ratio 27 debentures and 18 equity
shares for every 50 equity shares or 10 convertible parts of the
13.5% debentures held,
- (ii) 71,000 equity shares tied to 1,06,500 debentures as
preferential allotment to equitable basis to employees, and
- (iii) 20,000 equity shares tied to 30,000 debentures to business
associates. The issue was oversubscribed and the Company allotted a
further 2,50,000 equity shares tied to 3,75,000 bedentures to retain
- Ranbaxy Drugs Ltd., became a subsidiary of the Company. Montari
Agro Chem Investment Ltd., Montari Chemicare Investments Ltd., Chahel
Investment & Trading Co., Ranpharm Investment Ltd., Raicure Investment
Ltd., & Vidyut Inv. are subsidiaries of the Company.
- 9.8% Pref. shares redeemed. 39,510 equity shares issued in
conversion of 13.5% debentures.
- An antibiotic plant at Toansa, Dist. Hoshiarpur (Punjab) and the
Nalidixic Acid plant as SAS Nagar (Punjab) were commissioned.
- 7,000-11% Pref. shares redeemed. 45,680 equity shares issued in
conversion of 13.5% debentures. (Final conversion).
- A new broad spectrum oral fluoroquinolone of loxacin under the
brand name Zanocin was launched in the market in April 1990.
- The Company offered 16,64,775-12.5% secured fully convertible
debentures of Rs 100 each for cash at par aggregating to Rs
16,64,77,500. Of these, 15,85,500 debentures were offered to the
shareholders on rights basis in the proportion 30 debentures: 100
equity shares (all were taken up). The balance 79,275 debentures
were offered to the employees (including Indian working Directors)
(all were taken up). Additional 2,49,716 debentures were allotted to
oversubscription (2,37,825 debentures to the shareholders and 11,891
debentures to the employees).
- Each debenture was converted into 2 equity shares of Rs 10 each at
a premium of Rs 40 per share on 31.3.1989. Accordingly, 38,28,982
equity shares of Rs 10 each were issued. Subject to necessary
approvals being obtained, the Company proposed to issue
13,67,097-12.5% secured redeemable partly convertible debentures of
Rs 300 each on rights basis to the existing equity shareholders in
the ratio of 9 debentures for every 100 equity shares held.
Simultaneously, the Company proposed to offer, 68,355 debentures to
the employees/workers of the Company.
- As per the proposed terms of issue, part-A of Rs 200 of each
debenture will be converted into four equity shares of Rs 10 each at
a premium of Rs 40 per share at the end of 6 months from the date of
allotment. The non-convertible part-B of each debenture will be
redeemed at part at the end of 7th year from the date of allotment.
- A new plant was set up at Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar for the
production was commissioned. A bulk facility to produce newer
fluoroquinolones was also being set up at Dewas.
- On 1st June, the scheme of arrangement for spinning-off the
pharmaceutical plant at Okhla, New Delhi of the Company to Pharmax
Corporation Ltd. was approved by the Honourable high court of Punjab
- Tata Hotels Ltd., is a subsidiary of the Company with a holding of
7,500 equity shares of Rs 10 each out of 7,600 equity shares issued.
Since 1990, Tata Hotels Ltd. ceased to be a subsidiary of the
- The Company proposed to undertake backward integration into
fermentation based products such as Penicillin and Cephalosporin-C.
These were to be implemented at Paonta Sahib in Himachal Pradesh, a
new complex being developed for bulk drugs.
- 2,250 Pref. shares redeemed on 3.9.91. 60,75,988 bonus equity
shares issued in prop. 2:3.
- The Company offered 13,67,097-12.5% partly convertible debentures
of Rs 300 each on Rights basis in the proportion of 9 debentures: 100
equity shares held. All were taken up. Additional 2,05,065
debentures were allotted to retain oversubscription.
- 68,355 debentures of Rs 300 each were also issued to the employees'
on an equitable basis. (All were taken up). Additional 10,253
debentures were allotted to retain oversubscription.
- Part A of Rs 200 of the face value of each debenture was to be
compulsorily converted into 4 equity shares of Rs 10 each at a
premium of Rs 40 per share at the end of six months from the date of
allotment of debentures.
- Part B of Rs 100 of the face value of each debenture was to be
redeemed at par at the end of 7 years from the date of allotment of
- RLL has three successful overseas joint ventures in Nigeria,
Malaysia and Thailand. A joint venture recently incorporated in India
with Eli Lilly -- a leading original research company in
- During September the Company offered 24,51,719-12% fully
convertible debentures of Rs 300 each on Rights basis in the
proportion 15 debs: 200 equity shares held (all were taken up) (18611
debs. were kept in abeyance).
- Another 1,22,586-12% debentures were offered to the employees as an
equitable basis (all were taken up).
- Part A of Rs 125 of each debenture was to be converted into one
equity share of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 15 per share on the
date of allotment. Accordingly 25,55,694 equity shares were allotted
- Part B of Rs 175 of each debenture was to be converted into one
equity share of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 165 per share on the
expiry of 12 months from the date of allotment. Accordingly
25,55,694 equity shares were allotted on 6.12.1994.
- The Company also offered 40,86,197-15% Non-Convertible debentures
with warrants attached to it on Rights basis in the proportion 25
NCDS with warrants 8,200 equity shares held (all were taken up).
- Another 2,04,310-15% NCDS were also offered to the employees on an
equitable basis (all were taken up). These would be redeemed in
three instalments of Rs 66, Rs 67 and Rs 67 each at the end of 6th,
7th & 8th year respectively from the date of allotment debentures.
- Each NCP carries a warrant entitling the holder to apply for one
equity share of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 115 per share at one or
more instalment as may be decided by the Board during the period
between 36th months and 60th months from the date of allotment of
at half yearly intervals.
- The Company also offered 85,000-12% Full Convertible debentures
with warrants of Rs 300 each for cash at par to Specified Entities of
the Management Group. Part A of debenture would be converted into one
equity share of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 115 per share on the
of allotment. Part B of Rs 175 of each debenture was to be converted
into one equity share of Rs 10 at a premium of Rs 165 per share. On
December 6th 1994, 26,40,694 equity shares of Rs 10 ech were allotted
as per the terms of fully convertible debentures issued in December
1993, Part B of Rs 175 each.
- Each debenture has a warrant attached to the entitling the holder
to apply for 25 equity shares of Rs 10 each for cash at a premium of
Rs 165 per share in one or more instalment as decided by the Board,
during the period between expiry of 12th month and 60th months from
of allotment of debentures.
- On 5th December, 32,81,154 equity shares were issued to
shareholders of erstwhile Crosslands Research Laboratories Ltd. on
its amalgamation with the Company.
- It went public in Oct.'93 to part-finance manufacturing facilities
of bulk fluoroquinolones at Dewas, MP; and dosage forms at Paonta
Sahib, Himachal Pradesh. For easier access to the European markets
- The Expansion and Modernisation plant for manufacture of Ranitidine
and Amoxycillin and a pilot plant for R&D at Toansa were commissioned.
A new plant for manufacture of pharmaceutical dosage forms at Paonta
Sahib was completed.
- The company allotted one hundred thousand warrants without any face
value to entities of the management group on 28th July. Each of such
warrants entitles the holder to subscribe to fifty equity shares of
Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 390 per share within a period of 18
from the date of allotment.
- The Company offered 51,61,290 GDSs representing 51,61,290 equity
share of Rs 10 each at a price of US .375 equivalent to 604.89 (at
the rate of US .00 = 31.22) per GDS on 29th June.
- A Global Alliance Agreement was signed with Eli Lilly and the
Company, for marketing of pharmaceutical products in U.S.A. and other
countries. For the purpose of Indian joint venture, a company under
the name Ranbaxy Lilly company was incorporated.
- A join venture in U.S.A. for marketing of products from the Indian
joint venture as also select Lilly and Ranbaxy products was proposed.
For the purpose, a company under the name Lilly Ranbaxy
Pharmaceuticals LLC was incorporated in the state of Indiana, U.S.A.
- RLL bought a drug firm in Ireland in Jan.'96. In 1996, it acquired
six leading brands from Gufic. Croslands Research Laboratories, a
leading manufacturer of dermatological pharmaceutical formulations
has been merged with RLL. In Oct.'98 sold off the Glat (Global
and Technologies) division of Croslands to French pharma major
- The name of Ranmax Laboratories (Nigeria) Ltd., was changed to
Ranbaxy (Nigeria) Ltd.
- 1,50,000 equity shares of Rs 10 each (prem. Rs 630 per share)
allotted on 12th June, to Ranbaxy Employees Welfare Society on
exercise of rights attached with warrants allotted to the society.
2,23,958 equity shares of Rs 10 each (prem. Rs 115 per share)
1.8.1997 on exercise of right attached with warrants allotted along
with NCDs of Rs 200 each on rights basis. 6,56,423 equity shares of
Rs 10 each (prem. Rs 115 per share) allotted on 1st February 1998 on
exercise of right attached with warrants allotted along with NCDs of
200 each on rights basis
- The Company has licence arrangements with M/s. Upjohn
International, Kalamazoo, U.S.A., M/s. Laboratoire Choay, Paris,
France and M/s. KRKA, Ljubljana, Yugoslavia for security process and
technical know-how for manufacturing and marketing some of their
products in India.
- Croslands Research Laboratories Limited is being merged with
Ranbaxy Laboratories Limited.
- The company recently issued one-for-one bonus shares raising the
equity capital to Rs.7.42 crore. Foreign institutional investors
(FIIs) hold over 15 per cent of the company's equity. The two
promoters hold around 50 per cent, the employees two per cent and the
domestic institutions about three per cent.
- The company already has a tie-up with the US-based Eli Lilly, which
has helped it to take on the drug multinationals.
- According to Gufic's managing director Jayesh Choksi, Ranbaxy
Laboratories has acquired all the major pharmaceutical formulation
brands of the Rs.125-crore, Mumbai-headquartered Gufic Labs.
- The annual Ranbaxy research awards were presented to five
scientists for their outstanding contributions in medical,
pharmaceutical and clinical sciences by Sir Gustav Nossal,
immunologist from Australia.
- Dr Sandip Kumar Basu, Director of the National Institute of
Immunology (NII), New Delhi, received the prize in the same category
for his work on receptor-medicated intracellular delivery of drugs to
macrophages, which are specialised cells important for the restoration
of damaged cells, and for demonstrating the superior efficacy of
these drugs over conventional chemotherapy.
- Ranbaxy Laboratories recently pipped Nicholas Piramal to take over
the Mumbai based Croslands Research Laboratories sums up his
rationale for merging his 12 year old company with the Rs. 930 crore
- RRL has been busy establishing joint ventures, strategic alliances,
acquisitions in other countries to gain access to potential global
markets. RRL is one of the Indian pharma companies which was able to
seize opportunities during the rigid FERA era of the seventies.
- RRL has acquired Ohm Laboratories New Jersey, US and another
company Rima Pharmaceuticals in the Ireland to serve the UK market
and European Community.
- RRL has resorted to a strategy of combining R&D with marketing
probably to introduce drugs through reengineering route. Three 50:50
joint ventures with Eli Lilly and Company of US are planned, one to
market products in US, another for R&D in India and yet another one
to market Eli Lilly products in India. The objective is to create a
large portfolio of Eli Lilly and Ranbaxy products.
- Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd, Dabur India Ltd and Great Eastern
Shipping Company Ltd have signed agreements with NSDL to get their
securities admitted for dematerialisation at NSDL.
- Equity shares of Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd are accepted for
dematerialisation at NSDL as their registrar and transfer agents,
Karvy Consultancy Services Ltd. have already established electronic
connectivity with NSDL.
- Ranbaxy Laboratories has entered into a 50:50 joint venture with
Specialty Laboratories Inc, of US to set up a clinical reference
laboratory in Mumbai as well as satellite laboratories in Bangalore
- These companies - Delta Drugs Private Ltd, Delta Health Care
Private Ltd, Delta Laboratories Private Ltd, Ranbaxy Managers Welfare
Ltd and Ranbaxy Employees Welfare Ltd hold an 11.85 per cent stake in
the company. In all, Ranbaxy has a share capital of 49.41 million
- The pharma major, Ranbaxy Laboratories, is all set to launch its
first investigational new drug (IND) in the U.S. within the next 18
- Shareholders of Croslands Research Laboratories Ltd (CRL) will
receive three equity shares of Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd (RLL) for
every seven shares held by them. According to company sources, the
High Courts of Punjab, Haryana and Mumbai granted the necessary
approvals for the scheme of amalgamation.
- In 1997-98, it entered into a 50:50 joint venture with the New
Jersey-based Schein Pharmaceuticals Inc, the generics arm of Bayer
AG, Germany, for manufacture of Ranitidine. The company is the first
to launch prescription products under its own label in the United
RLL's chairman and managing director Parvinder Singh has been
selected for Business India's businessman of the year 1998 award.
- It has become India's first pharmaceutical company to launch
prescription products under its own name and label in the U.S., the
world's largest pharmaceutical market with an estimated 1997 sale of
$ 101 billions.
- The company has entered the U.S. ethical prescriptions market
through Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (RPI), a wholly-owned
subsidiary of the Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd. The entry has been made
with Cefaclor capsules and suspensions.
- Ranbaxy Laboratories promoter Parvinder Singh has sold around 20
lakh equity shares of the company at a price of Rs.650 per share.
Over a dozen foreign institutional investors (FIIs) have picked up
these shares in a deal struck by JM Financial and Morgan Stanley.
- The board of directors of pharmaceutical giant Ranbaxy Laboratories
Ltd has recommended a bonus issue of one share for every share held,
subject to the approval of its shareholders.
- Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd and the All-India Organisation of Chemists
and Druggists (AIOCD) have signed a memorandum of understanding for
various trade-related issues, including the discount structure for
decontrolled products of Croslands, a division of Ranbaxy.
- The 0-bn US insurance major Cigna has revised its memorandum of
understanding (MoU) with Ranbaxy Laboratories for general insurance,
including health insurance, and has entered into a fresh tripartite
MoU which includes Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Services
and Parvinder Singh, chairman, Ranbaxy, in his individual capacity.
- Ranbaxy Laboratories received the National Award 1998' for
indigenous development of technology. The company has bagged the
award for the third consecutive year.
- Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd has been ranked among the leading
companies in the 1998 edition of `Review 200: Asia's leading
companies', the annual survey conducted by Far Eastern Economic
- On 28th Dec, 1998, the company issued bonus share in ratio of one
new equity share for every one equity share held.
- Pharma Majors Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd and Glaxo Ltd announced an
agreement for co-marketing of an advanced dosage form of the
- According to the co-marketing agreement, Ranbaxy will market the
new dosage form as Sporidex AF, while Glaxo extends its phexin line
with its innovated product.
- Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd and Cipla have entered into a strategic
partnership to jointly market a select basket of drugs.
- Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd has signed an agreement with Glaxo for the
co-marketing of an advanced dosage form of the antibiotic, Cephalexin.
- The Company has filed an investigational new drug application for
its new asthma molecule - Rbx-4638 with the Drugs Controller General
of India (DCGI). Ranbaxy is the first company in the country to file
an INDA for such a novel drug compound.
- Eli Lilly Ranbaxy, a 50:50 joint venture between Ranbaxy
Laboratories and the US-based Eli Lilly & Co., has introduced
HumaPen, a new ergonimically designed, resusable insulin delivery
- Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd (RLL) has entered into an agreement with
Knoll Pharmaceuticals Ltd (KPL) to market the latter's leading brands
in select overseas markets.
- The Company is launching a major supply and sale offensive in the
- The Company is the eleventh largest company in the international
- The Company has proposed a stock option scheme for its employees
and working directors.
- Ranbaxy Pharmaceutical Inc, the US arm of pharmaceutical major
Ranbaxy Labs, has entered into a co-marketing alliance with Purepac
to market its generic cardiac drug Enalapril Maleate in the US
- Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd. has launched its generic Enalapril
Maleate tablets in the US, through its wholly-owned
subsidiary-Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Ranbaxy's late Chairman and Managing Director Parvinder Singh's
eldest son Malvinder Mohan Singh is being moved up the ladder in the
company as a director.
- Ranbaxy Laboratories and Cipla have expanded an existing
partnership by adding one more new drug in their co-marketing
- Drug major Ranbaxy Laboratories is setting up a drug discovery
laboratory in the US.
- The Company has entered into a marketing alliance with Ajanta
Pharma to market some of its natural products in south-each Asia.
- The Company has started a bioinformatics facility on its research
and development premises at Gurgaon.
- The Company is set to launch a specialised Website before the
actual launch of the Indian version of the wonder drug, Viagra.
- Ranbaxy Laboratories has launched a website www.caverta.com with
details of its sildenafil citrate brand.
- Crisil has reaffirmed the P1+ rating assigned to the Rs 130-crore
CP programme of the company and the FAAA rating assigned to its fixed
- Ranbaxy Laboratories has been awarded the US Foods and Drugs
Administration approval for four key anti-infective products,
representing nine formulations.
- Ranbaxy Laboratories is setting up a greenfield manufacturing
facility in Vietnam with an investment o fover million to be
spent over the next five years.
- In Mar.'2000 it launched CLAFRINAST, this novel drug compound
belongs to the VLA (Very Large Antigen)4 class of drug which
represents a totally new mechanism for treatment of asthma. No such
drug has been launched in the international market.
- Ranbaxy Laboratories is set to reap a windfall after existing the
joint venture with the billion US pharma major, Eli Lilly by
selling its 50 per cent stake made at an equity investment of Rs 7.2
crore for more than ten times at Rs 78 crore.
-July 3: The US-based Eli Lilly has bought the 50 per cent stake
owned by Ranbaxy Laboratories in the joint venture Eli Lilly Ranbaxy
- Ranbaxy Laboratories, on August 17th, received the government's
approval to begin selling Cifran-OD, a once-a-day form of the
-Ranbaxy Laboratories and Cipla, two of the country's leading pharma
firms, on August 27 announced an alliance to co-market the former's
once-a-day formulation of ciprofloxacin.
- The US-based Eli Lilly has bought the 50 per cent stake owned by
Ranbaxy Laboratories in the joint venture Eli Lilly Ranbaxy for
- Ranbaxy has appointed Mr Rashmi Barbhaiya as the head of research
and development (R&D) at Ranbaxy.
- Ranbaxy subsidiary receives tentative approval for
commercialization of Lisinopril Hydrochlorothiazine Tablets
- Ranbaxy Laboratories's US subsidiary has received temporary
approval for an anti-hypertension drug, Prinizide, issued by US Food
and Drug Administration.
- Ranbaxy terminates manufacturing agreement with Eli Lilly
- Ranbaxy Laboratories has recieved approval for launching the
anti-asthma compound - Montelukast in India.
- Ranbaxy obtains FDA approval to launch Ceftin
- Ranbaxy obtains exclusive marketing rights for Nifedipine-XL from
- Ranbaxy Laboratories and Wockhardt on March 7th announced a
strategic business alliance for the US, the world's largest market
for pharmaceutical products.
- Ranbaxy introduces OTC, herbal remedies
- Ranbaxy's US subsidiary gets USFDA permission for midazolam syrup
- Ranbaxy's subsidiary gets USFDA approval for acetaminophen
- Ranbaxy enters biotechnology arena
-Amarinder Singh resigns from Directorship of Ranbaxy Laboratories.
- Ranbaxy & Schwarz Pharma sign a deal to develop new drug to treat
benign Prostate Hyperplasia
- The Ranbaxy Laboratories has got the final approval to manufacture
and market cefpodoxime proxetil for oral suspension from the US Food
and Drug Administration (USFDA)
- Ranbaxy obtains USFDA approval for Adderall
- 4 Ranbaxy drugs included in WHO list
- Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd and Procter & Gamble Pharmaceuticals -
Germany GmbH (P&G) today (June 26, 2002) announced the execution of
an agreement by which Ranbaxy acquires the Brand, Veratide© in
Germany from P&G.
- Ranbaxy Lab got regulatory approval for its clinical Phase-I trials
of its potentially anti-asthmatic entity
- Ranbaxy makes a breakthrough in its R&D programme
- Ranbaxy garners 90% market share of cefuroxime axetil in the US
- Ranbaxy gets FDA approval for Isotretinoin
- Ranbaxy gets promotion and marketing rights for Verorab
- FDA approved Ranbaxy Lab's new formulation
- Ranbaxy changes its Asia-Pacific base to Singapore
- Ranbaxy enters into marketing pact with Aventis for Hepatitis
- Ranbaxy Labs forays domestic OTC segment
- Ranbaxy gets US FDA approval for hypertension drug
- Ranbaxy Lab announces the launch of Ranbaxy Global Consumer
- Ranbaxy Lab members approve issue of bonus shares
- Ranbaxy files highest number of PCT applications to Wipo
- Ranbaxy gets US FDA permission for Lisinopril
- Ranbaxy Lab got approval by WHO for its anti-AIDs drugs
-T R Mulchandani retires from Directorship of Ranbaxy.
-Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd, and Synaptic Pharmaceutical Corporation
USA today (July 12, 2002) announced the granting of a non exclusive
license by Synaptic to Ranbaxy. In exchange for the non-exclusive
license; Ranbaxy will provide an up-front licensing fee, milestone
payments and royalties to Synaptic if any drugs subject to the
license are developed and commercialized.
- Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd has acquired a liquid manufacturing
facility from New York based Signature Pharmaceuticals Inc., on an
asset purchase basis through its wholly owned subsidiary Ranbaxy
Pharmaceuticals Inc., USA.
-Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd has informed that Dr J M Khanna,
President-R&D and Wholetime Director of the Company has retired on
July 31, 2002.
- SRL Ranbaxy, a wholly-owned venture of promoters of Ranbaxy
Laboratories has received the prestigeous accreditation from the
College of American Pathologists (CAP).
- Ranbaxy receives approval from FDA to market Terazosin
- Ranbaxy gets US approval to manufacture and market terazosin
- Ranbaxy enters into pact with Korean, Chinese biotech firms
- The project of Ranbaxy Laboratories 'Crusoe,' initiated by Ranbaxy
earlier this year, is well on track to result in a saving of Rs 100
crore by the year '03 by way of operational efficiencies in various
- Ranbaxy Labs gets US approval for Augmentin Version
- Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd. (RLL) and Nippon Chemiphar Co. Ltd (NC)
and Nihon Pharmaceutical Industry Co. Ltd. (NPI)(a subsidiary of NC)
based in Tokyo, Japan announced a business alliance agreement for
US$ 50 Bn (JPY 600 billion) pharmaceuticals market in Japan.
- Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd has informed the Exchange that Ranbaxy SA
(Pty) a wholly owned subsidiary of Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd and Tiger
Brands' Healthcare division, Adcock Ingram on October 16, 2002
announced the formation of a 50:50 Joint Venture to exclusively sell
and distribute Ranbaxy's range of anti-retroviral products in South
- Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd has informed the Exchange that it has
announced an exclusive licensing agreement with K S Biomedix Ltd
(KSB), a U K based bio-pharmaceutical company for marketing TransMID
- Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd's fully owned subsidiary Ranbaxy
Pharmaceuticals Inc, has secured the final approval from the US Food
and Drug Administration (USFDA) to manufacture and market amoxicillin
for oral suspension
- Prof Virander S Chauhan and Dr Kanury V S Rao from the
International Centre for Genetic Engineering, and Prof Samir K
Brahmachari from the Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology,
all from Delhi, are the seven scientists who bagged Ranbaxy Research
Awards for the year 2001.
- Ranbaxy Laboratories has rolled out the GlaxoSmithkline's
antibiotic called Augmentin, in the US market
- Ranbaxy Launches next Generation Anti-Retroviral for the first time
- Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd on February 10, 2003 has announced the
launch of a high end advanced Cephalosporin, Cefprozil, under the
brand name Refzil O
- Ranbaxy obtains USFDA approval to market Augmentin clones
- Ranbaxy gets US FDA nod for Cefadroxil Oral Suspension USP
- Ranbaxy receives tentative approval for manufacturing & marketing
of Fluconazole Tablets
- Ranbaxy enters into collaborative research with medicines for
development of Anti-Malarial Drug
- Ranbaxy receives USFDA approval to manufacture and Market Ofloxacin
- Ranbaxy announces FDA approval for the manufacture and
commercialisation of Isotretinoin Capsules
- Ranbaxy Laboratories obtains approval from USFDA to manufacture
- Ranbaxy receives USFDA approval for AIDS drug
- Ranbaxy Lab gets nod from FDA USA for Mfg, marketing fluconazole
- Ranbaxy Latoratories is at the verge of becoming a Zero-Debt
company. The company's secured and unsecured debt is curtailed to
less than Rs 7 crore, this will ultimately result in substantial
savings in the interest outgo.
- Ranbaxy Laboratories has obtained US Food and Drug Administration
(FDA) approval to unveil a new amoxicillin antibiotic drug in US
- Ranbaxy receives USFDA approval to manufacture & market Loratadine
10 Mg tablets in the OTC market
- Ranbaxy Labs and Kasturba Medical College owned by the Manipal
Group have jointly started a clinical research centre in Manipal.
- Ranbaxy receives USFDA approval to manufacture & commercialize
- Ranbaxy launches High end anti infective injectable for the first
time in India
- Ranbaxy gains USFDA approval for commercialization of Riomet
- Ranbaxy Laboratories has inked an agreement with the Andhra
Pradesh Government for starting a research centre in the State.
- Ranbaxy gets FDA approval for diabetes drug
- Company's Animal Health Division signs marketing agreement with
Alltech Biotechnology for YeaSacc 1026 Bolus, a highly valued product
in the dairy cattle segment
- Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd and GlaxoSmithkline plc (GSK) have entered
into a drug discovery and clinical development collaboration covering
a wider range of therapeutic areas.
-United States Food and Drug Administration has permitted Ranbaxy
Laboratories Ltd to manufacture and commercialise Metformin HCI oral
solution 100 milligram per millilitre.
-The company has received prestigious National Safety Awards for the
year 2001 & 2002
-Unleashed a cholesterol-reducing agent called 'Rosuvas
(rosuvastatin)', which reduces triglycerides and raises HDL..
-Ranbaxy gets FDA approval to market cephalexin
-Got approval from US FDA for the manufacture and marketing of Merck
& Co Inc's cholesterol-lowering drug generic Zocor.
-Company has received tentative approval from the office of Generic
Drug of the US Food & Drug Administration to manufacture and market
Metformin Hydrochloride extended-release tablets, 500 MG.
-Secured USFDA approval for Simvastatin drug
-Ranbaxy gets approval from US FDA for selling its generic form of
Bristol-Myers Squibb's cholesterol-reducing Pravachol.
-Received tentative approval from the office of generic drugs of the
US Food and Drug Administration to manufacture and market pravastatin
sodium tablets 10mg, 20mg, 40mg, and 80 mg.
-Ranbaxy Laboratories granted first USFDA Approval to manufacture and
Market Cefaclor Tablets
-Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd announced that all the necessary
formalities and consents required for the conclusion of the
acquisition transaction of RPG (Aventis) SA have been obtained and
that the acquisition is now complete. With this, RPG (Aventis) SA
France has now become a wholly owned subsidiary of Ranbaxy.
-Ranbaxy receives USFDA approval to commercialise Minocycline
Hydrochloride Tablets USP
-Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd has informed that the Stock Exchange,
Ahmedabad has advised delisting the securities of the Company
effective January 15, 2004.
- In an attempt to tap the domestic billion herbal medicines
market, Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd on Jan 21 unveiled three new brands
under the `New Age Herbals' brand. As part of its expansion in the
over-the-counter (OTC) segment, the company has launched Olesan Oil
for cold, Olesan cough syrup and Eat Ease, an appetite enhancer.
Ranbaxy had forayed into the OTC market through a separate division -
Ranbaxy Global Consumer Healthcare (RGCH) in October 2002 and is
hoping to launch five to six products this year.
-Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd at its meeting held on January 23, 2004,
has approved the appointment of Mr Gurcharan Das as an Additional
Director on the board of directors of the company.
-Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd has signed a research agreement with the
Institute of Nuclear Medical and Allied Sciences (INMAS) for
screening and evaluation of formulations and New Drug Delivery
Systems (NDDS) using Gamma Scintigraphy.
-Ranbaxy unleashes liquid form of diabetes drug in US market
-Introduces its first branded prescription medicine, Visclair tablets
100 mcg (Mecysteine HCL) in the UK
-Surpasses global sales of billion (February 2004, MAT Basis)
-Launches Forzest (Tadalafil), its most recently approved
prescription medicine for the treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED)
-Bags tentative USFDA approval to manufacture and market Quinapril
Hydrochloride tablets used for the treatment of hypertension
-Delists shares from Ludhiana Stock Exchange
-The outgoing CEO and MD of Ranbaxy, Mr D S Brar, has joined the
board of Jerry Rao-promoted Mphasis as an independent director
-Ranbaxy receives Tentative approval to market Fenofibrate tablets
- Ranbaxy Laboratories sets up two more wholly-owned subsidiaries in
US taking total number of US subsidiaries to eight from six last
-Drug company Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd said on June 22 that its
anti-diabetic drug has got the final approval from regulatory
authorities in the US
-Ranbaxy & Atrix sign a licensing Agreement for Prostrate Cancer Drug
-DS Brar exits from Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd
-Ranbaxy's anti-cancer drug Metformin is learnt to have received the
final approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
-Indian pharma major Ranbaxy Laboratories has received final approval
from the US FDA to manufacture and market Fluconazole tablets and oral
suspension in varying dosages in the US.
-Ranbaxy ties up with Axis-Shield to cure Rheumatoid arthritis
- Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd receives approval from U. S. Food and Drug
Administration to manufacture and market Loratadine Syrup (Loratadine
Oral Solution, USP), 5mg/5ml that is available to patients as an OTC
- Receives tentative approval from the US Food and Drug
Administration for generic anti-depressant, Gabapentin, in capsule
-Signs collaborative research agreement in the area of New Drug
Discovery research with Avestha Gengraine Technologies Pvt Ltd
-Ranbaxy prolongs partnership with Aventis
-Ranbaxy inks pact with Ventiv to market Sotret in US
-Ranbaxy launches Flotral for urological disorder amongst ageing
-Ranbaxy announces launch of Quinapril Tablets by Teva
- Receivs approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to
manufacture and market Clarithromycin XL 1000 mg tablets.
-Ranbaxy in alliance with Novavax to step in to biotech sector
-Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd enters into collaborative agreement with
National Chemical Laboratories, Pune and Department of Science &
Technology in the area of New Drug Discovery.
- On May 24, 2005 launches its approved generic formulation of
Clarithromycin immediate release (IR) tablets, 250 mg and 500 mg, in
the US markets.
-Ranbaxy's Joint Venture with Nippon Chemiphar Ltd launches Vogseal
0.2mg & 0.3mg tablets for Diabetes
-Ranbaxy sets up additional manufacturing facility in Malaysia
-Ranbaxy opens third state of the art R&D facility on Gurgaon campus
-Company has splits its Face value of Shares from Rs 10 to Rs 5
-Ranbaxy Laboratories enters into a strategic alliance with Zenotech
-Ranbaxy ties up with Ipca to tap US market
-Ranbaxy signs licensing agreement with Swiss Company Debiopharm, for
NCE Drug in the Gastroenterology Segment
-Ranbaxy signs licensing agreement with Swiss Company Debiopharm, for
NCE Drug in the Gastroenterology Segment.
-Ranbaxy Appoints Atul Sobti as COO.
-Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd has announced that the Company has entered
into a collaborative agreement with the Department of Science &
Technology (DST), Government of India, New Delhi, in the area of New
Drug Discovery Research (NDDR).
-Ranbaxy granted final USFDA approval to Market Simvastatin 5, 10, 20
& 40 MG Tablets.
-Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd and GlaxosmithKline (GSK) on February 06,
2007 have signed a new multiyear R&D agreement that modifies and
expands the terms of their strategic alliance established in 2003 to
provide the Company expanded drug-development responsibilities and
further financial opportunities.
- Ranbaxy unveils asthma inhalation capsules.
- Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd has received final approval from the U.S.
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to manufacture and market
Amlodipine Besylate Tablets, 2.5 mg (base), 5 mg (base) and 10 mg
- Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd on August 22, 2007 has the launch of
Roliflo OD (combination of Tamsulosin and Tolterodine) brand in the
Indian market for the management of bladder outlet obstruction with
concomitant overactive bladder, a chronic urological disorder. This
is a Novel Drug Delivery System (NDDS) product which is being
introduced for the first time in India.
-Ranbaxy Laboratories on July 28 said it has launched the generic
version of Omeprazole capsules, used in the treatment of acid related
diseases in the US healthcare system.
- Canada approves Ranbaxy's anti-hypertension drug
- Daiichi launched Ranbaxy drugs in Japan
-Ranbaxy subsidiary makes a deal with German health insurer
- Ranbaxy launched Daiichi Sankyo's innovative antihypertensive
- Ranbaxy Laboratories Limited (Ranbaxy) has launched a New Chemical
Entity (NCE), Lulifin (Luliconazole), in the Indian Dermatology
market. This follows a strategic in-licensing agreement with Summit
Pharmaceuticals International Corporation, Japan (SPI) allowing
Ranbaxy, exclusive marketing rights, for India, 7'he introduction of
this NCE, significantly strengthens Ranbaxy's presence in the
- Ranbaxy Laboratories has entered into an agreement with US-based
Pfenex Inc for developing biosimilars. Biosimilars are drugs which
are manufactured with the use of biotechnology.
- Ranbaxy has launched a generic version of antiplatelet agent
Prasugrel, Prasita, in India says a report by Daiichi Sankyo and
- Ranbaxy arm bags Rs 605 cr order in South Africa
- Ranbaxy Laboratories Limited (Ranbaxy) signed the Agreements with
Biovcl Lifesciences Private Limited (Biovel), Bangalore, India,
providing for the acquisition of product rights and a manufacturing
facility, from Biovcl.
- Ranbaxy and Pfenex Announce Collaboration for the Development of a
Biosimilar Therapeutic Protein.
- Ranbaxy Lab - Ranbaxy Launches Antiplatelet Agent Prasugrel in
-Registered Office of the Company has been shifted To A-41,
Industrial Area Phase VIII-A, Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar, Mohali -
160 071 (Punjab)
- Ranbaxy Laboratories has entered into an in-licensing agreement
with Gilead Sciences, Inc. for three new HIV/AIDS drugs which are
currently in late-stage clinical development.
- Daiichi Sankyo & Ranbaxy Announce a New Social Contribution
Initiative Encompassing India, Cameroon and Tanzania
- Ranbaxy and The Government of Yaroslavl Region, Russia, sign MOU
for cooperation in the field of Healthcare and Medical Science.
- Ranbaxy Announces Launch of Atorvastatin, Generic Lipitor®, the
- Ranbaxy enters into a licensing agreement with Gilead Sciences to
manufacture and market three anti-HIV drugs in India and developing
- Ranbaxy honored with NJBIA award for excellence in New Jersey
- Ranbaxy Launched Absoricatm (Isotretinoin) Capsules In The U.S.
- Ranbaxy Delivered Strong Overall Business Performance; Improvement
In Base Business Sales And Margins
- Ranbaxy Launched Authorized Generic Of Evoxac In The U.S.
- Ranbaxy received Approval To Set Up Greenfield Manufacturing
Facility In Malaysia
- Ranbaxy Launched Authorized Generic Of Pioglitazone In The U.S.
- Ranbaxy Entered Into An In-Licensing Agreement With Gilead Sciences
To Promote Access To Reduced Cost Generic Emtricitabine And
Emtricitabine-Containing Fixed-Dose Antiretrovirals In Developing
- Daiichi Sankyo And Ranbaxy Launched Hybrid Business In Venezuela
- Daiichi Sankyo Company, Limited (Daiichi Sankyo) and Ranbaxy
Laboratories Limited (Ranbaxy) announced their intention to integrate
their business operations in Thailand, to leverage and maximize the
synergies of the Hybrid Business Model, which is expected to commence
business on April 1, 2013.