- The Company was incorporated as a private company to take over the
business previously carried on by the brand office of Parke-Davis &
Ltd., U.S.A. On 16th May, 1961, the Company became a deemed public
company by virtue of the provisions of Section 43A of the Companies
Act. The Company Manufacture Pharmaceutical formulations, bulk
- Parke-Davis & Co., U.S.A., was acquired by Warner-Lambert Co.,
U.S.A., and is now a wholly owned subsidiary of the latter.
Warner-Lambert Co., is a major worldwide provider of health care and
- The basic drugs and formulations manufactured by the Company are
based on know-how provided by Parke-Davis & Co., U.S.A., in terms of
the Technical Assistance Agreement dated 22nd December, 1958.
- 8,750 shares are held by Parke-Davis & Co., Detroit, U.S.A., and
- 10,500 bonus shares issued in prop. 1:1.
- By the amendment made to the Articles of Association of the
in 1975, the Company became a public limited company.
- 12,600 bonus shares issued in prop. 3:5.
- The Company has entered into three Registered User Agreements
29th August, 4th June, 1971 and 24th October, 1979, the registration
the last two of which is pending.
- During July-August, Parke-Davis & Co., Detroit, U.S.A., offered
sale to resident Indian nationals 14,56,000 No. of equity shares of
10 each of the Company at a premium of Rs 4 per share out of its
holdings as follows: 15,000 shares to UTI, 50,000 shares to
of the Company on the basis of firm allotment and 13,91,000 shares
- Warner Hindustan Ltd. (WHL) was amalgamated with Parke-Davis
Ltd. (PDL) with effect from 1st December. Pursuant to the scheme of
Amalgamation, PDL allotted during 1987-89, 41,73,624 new equity
to the shareholders of WHL without payment in cash in the ratio of 7
shares of PDL for every 5 shares of WHL held.
- 45,20,174 bonus shares issued in prop. 3:5.
- The Company laid emphasis on the main areas of R&D efforts as set
with a view to introducing new products and improving existing
and developing new packaging.
- The Company has a full-fledged R&D Division and maintains
interaction with Warner-Lambert Company, U.S.A. which provides
necessary advice and technical assistance for production of
Pharmaceuticals, Bulk Drugs and Consumer Products.
- During the year under review, sales of Chloramphenicol products
adversely affected due to the continued dumping of L-Base (drug
intermediate for Choloramphenicol) by China at considerably lower
- The Company has developed with the help of film manufacturers, and
used, reverse printed polyester laminated with Heat Sealable
Biaxially oriented Polypropylene.
- During the year, the Company has entered into non-competition
agreement in respect of Confectionery Products business with
Warner-Lambert Co., U.S.A. and effective 14th August, 1995, the
has agreed not to carry on the said business in competition with
Warner-Lambert Co. or any subsidiary or affiliate thereof.
- During the year, the company launched several line extensions like
LOPIDOD (Gemfibrozil 900mg) and DILANTIN, a lower strength
of its leading anti-epileptic, Dilantin.
- Also, the company launched ATPARK a cardiovascular product in
50mg and 100mg formulations. The company also relaunched Ferradol a
food supplement aimed at children for catering to their energy
- Parke-Davis India, the partly-owned subsidiary of the US-based
- Parke-Davis (India) in the near future is unlikely to get five
products which Glaxo Wellcome worldwide has transferred to the
company's US collaborator, Warner-Lambert.
- Parke-Davis is a 40 per cent subsidiary of American multinational
- Crisil has assigned a P1+ rating to the Rs 19.35-crore commercial
paper programme of Parke Davis (India) Ltd.
- Parke- Davis' parent, Warner-Lambert Co., is one of the world's
bigger pharmaceutical and consumer product companies.
- Parke-Davis launched a line extension of the antacid last year,
- The company's new brand Calcal (calcium carbonate plus vitamin D3)
had received an encouraging response from doctors.
- Parke Davis India Ltd, a subsidiary of the US pharma giant Warner
- The Company signed a MoU with M/s. A-class Builders & Developers
Ltd. for the sale of its property admeasuring approx. 52000 sq.mtrs,
situated at Saki Naka, Mumbai.
- The Company has signed a Memorandum of Intended Transfer for the
of its property at Saki Naka, Mumbai for an aggregate consideration
Rs 4930 lakhs.
- The Company introduced Gelsil MPS in the over-the-counter product
- The Company has informed that its foreign collaborators, viz.
Warner-Lambert Co., Us, Parke, Davis & Co., US, who together hold 40
per cent of the paid-up equity share capital of the company have
into Pfizer Inc. USA group effective June 19.
- The Company has launched its Benadryl cough formula in a PET
- Crisil has reaffirmed the `P1+' rating assigned to the Rs
commercial paper programme of Parke-Davis India Ltd.
- M G Subramaniam appointed as Compliance Officer of Parke-Davis.
-Parke Davis offers VRS at its Hyderabad Plant.
--The operational merger between Pfizer and Parke-Davis has been
completed and the legal merger is underway.
-Supreme Court permits Parke-Davis(I) merger with Pfizer,The company
will issue equity shares in the ratio of 9:4 Parke-Davis shareholders
getting four shares in Pfizer for every nine shares they hold.