1987 - The Company was incorporated on the 12th October, under the
of Manz Wear Private Limited.
1991 - The Company was converted into a Public Limited Company
the name of Manz Wear Limited on 20th September.
- The Company name was changed to Pantaloon Fashions (India)
Limited vide certificate of incorporation dated the 25th
- The Company is engaged in the manufacture and marketing of
quality Ready-made Garments for men, including Trousers,
Denims, Blazers and Sleep Suits, at its units located at
- The Company's Products are being marketed under the brand
PANTALOON and BARE NECESSITIES through a network of over 300
dealers spanning the Metro and Class l cities in the country.
- The Company is promoted by Shri Kishore Biyani, friends and
1992 - The Company has successfully launched the Pantaloon Trousers,
Shirts, Denims, Sleep Suits and other ready-made garments.
1992 - The Company recently made a Public Issue of 25,55,000 equity
shares of Rs.10/- each for cash at par in May. The Company
allotted 36,57,100 Equity Shares on 28th July in consultation
with the Stock Exchange Bombay.
1994 - The Company is launching a new brand of shirts called `John
Miller' at affordable prices.
-Pantaloon Fashions (India) Limited has launched John Miller shirts
-Pantaloons Fashions (India) Ltd.has launched the Yorker to concede
with the world cup
1997 - The Company has launched women's wear, children's wear and
household products in the last few months.
- The Company has issued 10,00,000 Non-Cumulative Preference
Rs. 10/- each aggregating Rs. 1,00,00,000/- on Private
1998 - The Company has introduced Shrishti range of Salwaar Kameez.
The Company has also added Knitted T-shirts to its range of
1999 - The Company opened a state-of-art family store at prestigious
Crossroads, Haji Ali, Mumbai, spread over an area of 4,500
- The name of the Company was changed with the approval of the
Members to Pantaloon Retail (India) Ltd.
- The company has recently set up a state-of-the-art trouser
manufacturing plant in Mumbai with a capacity of 1,200 pieces
- Entrepreneurial Jadeja is setting up a joint venture sports
wear company with the promoters of Pantaloon Retail (India)
2000 - The company share transfer committee, have allotted 10,00,000
of equity shares of Rs. 10/- each at a premium of Rs. 33/-
share on private placement basis to ICICI Ltd. A/c.
- The total paid up capital of the company is 1,25,19,413 No.
equity shares of Rs. 10/- each, ICICI Ltd. A/c Structured
Products Fund will be holding 7.99% of the enhanced share
- Pantaloon Retail (India) Ltd. has launched stainfree with
a new range of formal shirts and trousers.
-Retail major Pantaloons has forged an alliance with Arvind Mills for
the supply of fabric and apparel for its in-house brands.
-Finalised a leasing deal to occupy 50,000 sq ft of space for Rs 25
-Issue of 4 million equity shares of Rs.10/- each to the Promoters of
the company on a preferential basis at a price as per SEBI
-Tied up with Andhra Pradesh Handloom Weavers’ Co-operative Society
and National Institute of Fashion Technology
-Pantaloon Retail India Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors
of the company has allotted 40 lac equity shares to the promoters and
their associates on preferential basis at a price of Rs.31.50 per
-Promoters sell 584098 shares
-Pantaloon has launched a range of the movie-specific merchandise
such as notebooks, folders, pens, mouse pads etc.
-Incidence of fire occurred at one of ATM centre in Maheshwari Plaza
Mall/Big Bazaar at Abids, Hyderabad.
- Preferential Issue of 8,65,000 Equity shares of Rs.10 each at a
premium of Rs.40 per share to Promoters & Associates.
-Allotment of 8,65,000 equity shares to the promoters and their
associates on preferential basis at a price of Rs.50/- per shares as
approved by the members of the company at their meeting held on
December 20, 2002
-Change of Registered Office from 'Pantaloon House', G-11, MIDC,
Cross Road A, Andheri (East), Mumbai - 400 093 to 'Knowledge House',
Off. Jogeshwari-Vikhroli Link Road, Shyam Nagar, Jogeshwari (E),
Mumbai - 400 060 w.e.f. January 31, 2003.
-Acquires the trademark and exclusive licensing rights for apparel
brand Norules in India, from US-based Norules Inc
-Forged an alliance with ICICI Lombard to offer one year free
insurance cover to customers acquiring gold from Gold Bazaar.
-Teams up with Italian apparel behemoth Moda & Musica to market its
casual sportswear brand UMM in the domestic market
-Received a letter from ICICI Venture Funds Management Company
Limited, in which they have stated that they have sold 2,71,083
shares aggregating to 2.04 % of the total paid-up capital of the
Company as on September 12, 2003.
-ICICI Venture Funds Management Company Ltd. sells 279900 equity
shares of the company, bring down the stake in the company to 3.37 %
-Board approves a proposal to allot 9.5 lakh shares (of Rs 10 each)
to promoters and associates at premium of Rs 102 per share.
-Promoters sell 4.6% stake of the company
-Pantaloon Industries Ltd. acquires 3,00,000 shares aggregating to
1.57% of the paid up equity share capital of the company
-American Funds Insurance Series Global Small Capitalization Fund
have acquired 2,09,500 shares of Pantaloon Retail India Ltd.
representing 1.152% of the total paid up capital of the Company
-Pantaloon Retail (I) Ltd. enters into Strategic alliance with Arvind
-Pantaloon Retail calls off strategic alliance with Arcus Ltd
-Appoints Mr. Ved Prakash Arya as Chief Operating Officer. Mr. Arya
will take charge of the retail operations of the company.
-Ties up Arvind Brands Ltd for Ruf & Tuf brand at its Big Bazaar
outlets across the country
-Pantaloon Retail (India) Ltd has signed a memorandum of
understanding (MoU) with K.J. Somaiya Institute of Management &
Research Studies to offer a specialised course in retail management
-Pantaloon join hands with Unitech for home stores chain
-The Pantaloon Retail has made an offer under Regulation 10 of the
SEBI (SAST) Regulations to the Public shareholders of Galaxy
Entertainment Corporation Ltd (Target Company) to acquire upto
2,542,400 fully paid equity shares of Rs 10/- each, representing in
the aggregate 20% of the Post issue voting capital at a price of Rs
51/- (Rupees Fifty One only) per share (the Offer price) payable in
cash subject to the terms & conditions mentioned.
-Pantaloon sets up restaurant at Bangalore Central Hall
-Pantaloon Retail enters into an agreement with CapitaLand Singapore
-Pantaloon Retail join hands with management schools across the
-Pantaloon Retail India Ltd has launched its newest retail venture
-Pantaloon Retail - Strategic alliance agreement with Ruchi Soya
-Pantaloon Retail signed MOU with Blue Foods on July 31, 2006
-Pantaloon Retail signs MOU with Manipal Health Systems on August 05,
- Company has splits its Face value of Shares from Rs 10 to Rs 2
-Pantaloon Retail India Ltd has entered into a 50:50 joint venture
(JV) with Axiom Telecom LLC, UAE, to do sourcing and wholesale
distribution of mobile handsets, accessories and setting up service
centres and Authorised After Sales Service Centres for mobile
handsets in India.
-Pantaloon Retail (India) Ltd. has appointment Mr. Deepak Tanna as
Deputy Company Secretary and he shall be Compliance Officer with
- Pantaloon Retail has inked a 50-50 joint venture pact with French
apparel firm Celio to add to its garment retailing in India.
-The Company has issued Bonus Shares in the Ratio of 1:10.
-Pantaloon Retail joins hand with French firm
- Pantaloon receives shareholders approval for restructuring biz and
- Mr. Vijay Biyani has been co-opted on the Board and then also
appointed as Whole time Director.
- Pantaloon Retail - Authorisation to open QIP Placement.
- Pantaloon Retail celebrates its first Shopping Festival across all
retail formats in key Indian cities.
- Mr.Kailash Bhatia has been co-opted on the Board and also appointed
as Wholetime Director.
- 'Bring anything old and get anything new' at Big Bazaar's 'The
Great Exchange Offer'.
- Tata Teleservices in Strategic Partnership with Future Group.
- Company Heads walk the ramp for the Pantaloons Style Inc Awards
Unveil Pantaloons Spring Summer Collection 2010.
- Pantaloons Femina Miss India 2010 Finalists Unveil the 'Pantaloons
Femina Miss India 2010 Collection'.
- Bengaluru Welcomes 'Next Gen' Pantaloons Store.
- Pantaloons launches its revamped Green Card Loyalty Programme in
- Pantaloons continues its 'Next Gen' journey in Pune.
- Big Bazaar Completes 10 Years.
- Kishore Biyani’s Pantaloon Retail to be re-named as
‘Future Retail India Ltd’ post demerger.
- Pantaloon Retail gains over 2% after govt gets Maya boost in RS.
- Future Group Demerges Pantaloons Retail Format from Flagship
Company Aditya Birla NUVO to Invest in Pantaloons Format.
- Future Group forays into elite gourmet retailing in Bengaluru with
the launch of the first Foodhall in the city.
- Pantaloon Retail & Future Ventures Demerge Lifestyle Fashion
Businesses to Create India's Leading Integrated Fashion Company.
- The Company Name has changed from Pantaloon Retail (India) Limited
to Future Retail Limited.
- Future Retail - L&T, Generali and Future Group sign Non-Binding
term sheet for merger of general insurance businesses.
- Pantaloon Retail (India) Limited has, entered into Share Purchase
Agreement (SPA) with Industrial Investment Trust Limited to sell its
part holding in Future General India Life insurance Company Limited.
- The world's largest online store Amazon and India's largest listed
retailer Future Group have signed a deal to jointly sell goods over
the Internet amid growing friction between online and offline
retailers over heavy discounting.
- Future Group and Amazon India have formed a strategic partnership
under which the e-retailer will sell Future Group's merchandise
-Future Retail has announced Rights in the Ratio of 5:8
-Patanjali Ayurved and Future Group Join Hands
-All new Big Bazaar GEN NXT store launched in Noida
-Sunburn, Asia's largest Music Festival Styled by fbb
-Foodhall Launches THE HOUSE OF TEA
-India's Most Trusted Retailer Big Bazaar Announces an Exclusive
Tie-up With MobiKwik